• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Autocancel Fair help?

Jackson

Smash Lord
I'm really interested in this and it seems really potent but I need help getting the timing down. Can anyone give me a solid description of what they usually do in order to do AC fairs?

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I think a good way to practice it is if you can dash away before the opponent can shield grab you if you fair their shield. You'd need someone to practice with. Also, look at the frame data of it to understand it better if you haven't/don't already.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I think a good way to practice it is if you can dash away before the opponent can shield grab you if you fair their shield. You'd need someone to practice with. Also, look at the frame data of it to understand it better if you haven't/don't already.
Good advice, thank you.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Taken from the Frame Data thread

Total: 33
Hit: 5-7
Auto cancel: <4, >11
Landlag: 16
L canceled: 8

So as long as you start the Fair 12 frames before you hit the ground you're AC'ing it.
SH air time: 38
Earliest FF: 20
SH FF air time: 27
See the hitbox ends at frame 7. So I guess a visual cue on the animation is if you land after Sheik's left (hitting) hand is below her, you're good.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Taken from the Frame Data thread

Total: 33
Hit: 5-7
Auto cancel: <4, >11
Landlag: 16
L canceled: 8

So as long as you start the Fair 12 frames before you hit the ground you're AC'ing it.
SH air time: 38
Earliest FF: 20
SH FF air time: 27
See the hitbox ends at frame 7. So I guess a visual cue on the animation is if you land after Sheik's left (hitting) hand is below her, you're good.
oh wow it's anything greater than 11. Lol i thought it was to land exactly on frame 11, i guess that's why i thought it would be hard. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

soap

Smash Hero
start the fair at the top of the short hop, then fastfall, and it should autocancel and hit relatively low to the ground.

play with the timings, it's useful to switch it up.

Top Bottom