• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto Trainer Assistance

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Its always scary making a thread in a place you're just allowed into.

Anyways, I have some issues regarding how to make certain automated behaviors happen in PSA, mostly because this entire field is being pioneered by my self and little gems of random ideas NEO comes up with.

Anyways, my original/request/release thread is here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273118

What I've figured out so far:
*How to make a single, repeating action.[Just have a "Set Action" tag in any idle animation you wish to change.]
*How to have a character repeatedly shorthop/fastfall an action.[Change the values for the full jump/fall speed to that of a short hop/fastfall.]

Big things I need help in figuring out how to get working:

Falco's SHDL.
*I can get Falco to SHL, and have it be shot out on the very height of the jump, but I don't have the exact [adjusted]frame calculations or the right command to feed Falco to do his "second" laser instead of just repeating the first.

Random Actions.
*This would make for a lot less download volume, since I[we] could make .pac files where the characters SH[Aerial]FF a random aerial. I tried duplicating the effect using something similar to G&W's Judgment, but that didn't work.

Proper Planking.
*Frame data, possibly how to alter trajectory of a jump, if that matters at all, otherwise I'm pretty sure its a simple process, once we identify what actions link together.
So yeah, any ideas/ things I should know/etc?

-DD

Veril

Frame Savant
I think input maps are the best way to go about providing the data necessary at least to know how to set these trainers up.

Ex. Sample B+ Falcon stuff

SH input-maps:

frame : match timer : effect/input
00 : 00 : input jump (jumpstart: 4)
05 : 91 : first airborne frame
20 : 66 : optimal FF input (SH)
27 : 55 : SHFF lands (airtime: 22)
37 : 38 : SHNF lands (airtime: 32)

06 : 90 : input nair (SHFF both hits)
10 : 83 : input dair (SHFF)
16 : 73 : input nair (SHNF both hits)
16 : 73 : input bair (SHFF)
19 : 68 : input nair (SHFF first hit)
20 : 66 : input dair (SHNF)
20 : 66 : input uair (SHFF earliest hit)
22 : 63 : input fair (SHNF)
26 : 56 : input bair (SHNF)
29 : 51 : input nair (SHNF first hit)
30 : 50 : input uair (SHNF earliest hit)

Perfect SHNF dair on block
20 : 66 : input dair
36 : 40 : dair hits the shield
42 : 30 : lands from shield hit
51 : 15 : FAF from shield hit
54 : 10 : opponent earliest shield drop

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
That does help, and takes most of the guesswork out.

Unfortunately the way Brawl is set up is that there are pieces to each move, and each piece is so many frames long. Its usually straight forward, but it sometimes gets hairy, like with Falco's laser's.

Also, what frames do the [most optimal] first and second lasers come out? I might be able to rig something with that information.

Tomorrow I'll probably just craft a bunch of SHAerialFF/movespam pacs, and experiment with Auto-Planking.
-DD

Veril

Frame Savant
That does help, and takes most of the guesswork out.

Unfortunately the way Brawl is set up is that there are pieces to each move, and each piece is so many frames long. Its usually straight forward, but it sometimes gets hairy, like with Falco's laser's.

Also, what frames do the [most optimal] first and second lasers come out? I might be able to rig something with that information.

Tomorrow I'll probably just craft a bunch of SHAerialFF/movespam pacs, and experiment with Auto-Planking.
-DD
What variant of Brawl?

I have a bunch of vBrawl (and some B-) SH and FH input maps as well as a TON of B+ ones.

If you need to know the exact frame anything occurs just request it here and I'll try and find it. B+ or vBrawl only though.

I could give you an optimal SH(NF) double laser frame breakdown and input map for vBrawl, is that what you want?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
What variant of Brawl?

I have a bunch of vBrawl (and some B-) SH and FH input maps as well as a TON of B+ ones.

If you need to know the exact frame anything occurs just request it here and I'll try and find it. B+ or vBrawl only though.

I could give you an optimal SH(NF) double laser frame breakdown and input map for vBrawl, is that what you want?
:p The idea is to just do this for vBrawl. More people would get use out of this in vBrawl than anything else.

So, just default any request I make to vBrawl.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So can I have the data on Brawl Falco's SHDL?

:[ I really wanna make that one.
-DD

Veril

Frame Savant
MK Planking info (input maps and data)

00 : 00 : dash input from edge
01 : 98 : hold a-stick forward
02 : 96 : initiate FF (a-stick down)
05 : 89 : hold a-stick towards ledge
06 : 90 : MK ledge snap initiates
12 : 80 : flashing "intangible" animation start
30 : 50 : earliest ledge drop input
31 : 48 : ledge drops earliest, input up-air
33 : 45 : earliest up-air hits
44 : 26 : actionable frame (input second upair if needed)
46 : 23 : optional second up air hits
51 : 15 : flashing "intangible animation end
52 : 13 : no longer inv. (tested and accurate)
57 : 05 : "choice planking option" input
58 : 03 : FAF from second up-air

MK's earliest QC ledgehog initiates "snap" animation frame 6
invincibility does not deprecate after a ledgedrop
MK has 21 frames invincibility from ledge drop input, this is not counting invincibility on the ledge.

Dropping from the ledge does not cancel ledge invincibility, in case anyone was still unaware of that.

Top Bottom