• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto-cancelling

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I'm only posting this because to pull it off requires frame perfect movements, and I learned it by accident.

Quick version: You can auto-cancel Falcon's stomp. It's easier if you hit with it.

Long version: Yeah, I'm no pro melee Falcon, but from my experiences his Stomp was a huge part of his game. I'm having a hard time using Falcon in Brawl 'cause his play style is radically different. One part that I find a huge handicap (being a Falco main in melee rofl) is the lack of applicability of his dair. The lag on it is just too much. But now knowing it I can auto-cancel it makes me wonder how I can work it into my game.

So yeah, just making a random post here saying it's possible to auto-cancel Falcon's stomp from a short hop. When you're not hitting someone, it's REALLY hard, and when you are hitting someone, it has slightly tighter timing than auto-cancelling Pikachu's dair (Pika's my main).

[Edit] Sorry if this is known, I don't keep tabs on Falcon in Brawl and I'm not going to bother looking through the Falcon board to see if people know his dair can be auto-cancelled.

Top Bottom