• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Australia) QLD Brawl Buddies: Brawl/Melee - Ward: Vs. Out Of State Crew Battle up!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Queensland Brawl Buddies
A Queensland, Australia Brawl and Melee Event

~ Link to the Video page ~

Accelerate.gif <3

***​

Brawl Doubles

1: Demonic Angels (Jei and Amaterasu) - Pit & Metaknight
2: Metaknight is cheap (Shaya and Kulla) - Metaknight/Marth & Snake/Metaknight
3: Aron Sucks (Moose and Accelerate) - Marth & ROB
4: The Try-hards (Triss and Rad) - Marth and Olimar
5: Cherry Poppers
5: AxeStiks (Axe and Stiks)
7: Siege Devyse (Vyse and Sieg)
7: Team Link (gords and brent)
9: DJ Scrub Cat and the moon people present benny hill on ice (Scrubs and DJ cat)
9: launch (Destroyer and Hagshrom)
9: Armageddon (Kaion and Jessie)
9: Godly Lobsters (Arrow and Patrick)
13: We're screwed
13: Where are the Smashballs? (Ben and Jimmy)
13: IceCream (Luke_Atyeo and Reindex)
13: Running of the Skies (Trav and Josh)
17: Swivelstick (Azer and Kuru)
17: Tools
17: The Pimps (JAtz and Bryan)
17: Team Anything
17: Omegas of Scandalous Perfection (Paff and White Tiger)
17: Team Random (Nick and James)
17: Tortoise and the Hare (Greenie and Matt)
17: Ghey N00bs (Michael and Ari)
25: Rosso (Andrew and Ricky)
25: Death from Above (Booker and Kustom)
25: 7 (Rakka and Torn)
25: Thunder Eggs (Yokai RUne)
25: Team Chicken
25: Rage Quit (Sover and Solong)
25: MariYoshi (Katrina and hans)
25: Gypsies (Ryan and Kayahan)

***​

Brawl Singles

1: Amaterasu (Metaknight)
2: Kulla (Metaknight/Snake)
3: Hotdog (Metaknight/Kirby)
4: Triss (Olimar)
5: ACCELERATE (ROB)
5: Scrubs (Falco/Kirby)
7: Shaya (Marth)
7: OptimusBen (G&W)
9: DJkaion (????)
9: Azure Rune (Wolf)
9: Jei Jei (Pit)
9: Undead_Moose (Marth)
13: Stiks (????)
13: Radiance (Marth)
13: Vyse (Diddy Kong)
13: Ricky Rosso (????)
17: K-0S (Mario)
17: Greenstreet (Sonic)
17: Toki
17: Jesmo
17: luke_Atyeo
17: Matt Knights
17: JAtz
17: GORDS (Toon Link)
25: Muerte
25: Yokai (Lucario)
25: Kust0m (G&W/Marth)
25: Brin
25: Destroyer
25: Axe
25: Sieg (Metaknight)
25: White Tiger
33: Nigel
33: Reindex
33: B00ker
33: Rakka
33: Travis Smith
33: Bryan
33: Dr1ve
33: Azer
33: Brent H
33: xXArrowXx
33: Sover
33: DJ Cat
33: Joshua Braddock
33: neoknux_009
33: Kayahan
33: Paff
49: Lachlan
49: Benjamin
49: Hagshrom
49: James
49: Josh S
49: Andrew
49: Katrina
49: Kribo
49: Torn
49: Ryan R
49: Chris Au
49: Sython
49: Michael Sassher
49: Ari Levi
49: Solong
49: Matthew S
65: Shath M
65: Kuru
65: Hans
65: Dwog
65: Jason M

***​

MELEE SINGLES YEAHUZZZ

1: Triss (Samus)
2: Kulla (Sheik)
3: Radiance (Marth)
4: ACCELERATE (Falco/Falcon)
5: Vyse (Fox)
5: Shaya (Marth)
7: Dwog (Fox)
7: Paff (????)
9: GORDS (Sheik)
9: Sieg (Samus)
9: Jei Jei (????)
9: Hotdog (????)
13: Undead_Moose (Peach)
13: DJ Cat (Yoshi?)
13: Kayahan (Marth)
13: Amaterasu (Fox?)

***​

I don't wish to spoil the epicness of the Crew Battle.
It ended with several people incapacitated and/or running around the (fortunately spacious) room screaming at the tops of their lungs.

Shoutouts/round up coming soon.

***​

PIX

It was pretty spacious, luckily too, since there were so many people.

In the foreground here are undead_moose and Sieg (Moose is closest to the foreground)

My youngest brother, his friend, 2 other guys, and scrubs on the right.

I think that's Stiks on the right, Azure_Rune's in the middle and Hotdog is on the right.

There's me on the left manning Yokai's laptop and Shifty on the right stealing money. (J/k)

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Far out. I wish I'd done better!!!!!!!! O well. I still had a great time for a first tourney. I wanted to play you vyse, well maybe in another one. Coz online doesnt really do any justice.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wow did all of Australia go to this? Big for an Australian Tourney.
Yeah, it was pretty big o.o

But, sadly, a lot of the people who wanted to come to this couldn't make it from other states.
CAOTIC had another tourney to run on the same day back in Victoria, Redact couldn't afford to go etc.

Still, I'd say the very best players from each major state (Bar WA and SA) were there. Kulla reppin NSW, and Jei Jei reppin VIC (Also Amaterasu just came back from his 3 weeks in his original home state of VIC)

solid job vyse, repin that diddy
:)

Far out. I wish I'd done better!!!!!!!! O well. I still had a great time for a first tourney. I wanted to play you vyse, well maybe in another one. Coz online doesnt really do any justice.
Argh! You shoulda come pestered me for it. I wanted to have a match too >_<

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, that was fun. Although like Greenstreet I sort of wish I'd done better, but ah well.

Oh, and the team names were awesome.

And for the Melee Singles, I was playing Peach.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Melbourne > Sydney

lol Vyse, "Still, I'd say the very best cheapest players from each major state (Bar WA and SA) were there. Kulla reppin NSW, and Jei Jei reppin VIC (Also Amaterasu just came back from his 3 weeks in his original home state of VIC)"

*edited for great justice, - respect for all the lower tiered awesome players too! Like Triss getting 4th with Olimar! <3*

What happened to Melee teams? Did interest for it just fizzle out and die?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Haha, I also bought a TV antenna along for the specific purpose of catching the footy finals.
Hawthorn ftw!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
really unhappy with my results :<
but whateva not to do for first tournament
next time i wont choke and maybe ill eat some food..

good tournament tho, yay vyse

wood

Smash Rookie
Haha, you still misspelled WDOG....
fun night guys... hope to see more melee in the future... because its SUPERIOR

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I declare that first priority at the next meet I come to then Vyse. I think I did fine with 5th from the bottom tier. Tiers are for queers tho guys.
So wens next meet? :036:

Also: Amaterasu played for 6 minutes on my Wii. Maybe his skill will rub off on me.

Yokai

Smash Ace
I bought chris a pizza, maybe his skill will rubb off on me.

Shout out time, seeing as im the only one whos recovered already.

Vyse: Awesome tounry! well run mate, we did a good job. Also, it has to be said our commentary> channel nine commentary

Moose: WEEGEE

DJcat: awesome matches mate, your DK was going really well, you need to train it up as a MK killer.

Rune: sorry I killed our team with my ****ness, your wolf is camp/y as always.

Greenstreet: EPIC MATCH IS EPIC. I had so much fun in that match, why couldnt you live down the road lol.

Toki: I hope you start to post dude, you had some awesome characters.

Shaya:

(yokai) try another TV
(shaya) I DID ALREADY YOU IDIOT, ITS IN BLACK AND WHITE
(yokai) try another tv
(shaya) ZOMG ITS IN COLOUR
(yokai) thats a 50HZ tv
(shaya) ......

Aron: sucks.

Ryan: Aron sucks

but yeah it has to be said, great tourny overall guys, well run, great turn out. We need to keep at it and do this in the future. POWER TO THE LOW TIERS. WEEGEE.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Shout outs:

Amaterasu
Chris! Grats on the singles AND doubles win. You're pretty much Australia's version of Mew2king, except 100x more modest than anybody I know :laugh:

I really appreciate the help you always provide. You helped me get home both after the tournament, and after the post QBB meet. So thanks, you really deserved to win.

Kulla
Kulla you are one cool guy. I wanted to have more matches with you though : /
Next time I guess. If I can make it to 'Don't Come' then we'll definitely have some more, and I can take you to Diddy School again lol. Grats on 2nd

Hotdog
My man Hotdog!
You really suprised everyone today with how well you played.
Grats on third place. I never played you the whole day though : /

Triss
WE STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED....EVER...ZOMG
We'll have a Melee meet soon (So that you'll actually come along) and play.
But dammit, do I really have to go Diddy v Olimar?

ACCELERATE
Nice work man, your ROB is top tier.
Rofl @ commentary. Rofl @ your reaction when the crew battle finished.
:laugh:

Scrubs
Argh, your Falco is just too good =_=
You forfeited from the tourney, but still came 5th lol
GG

Shaya
SHAYA! Grats on 7th
Thanks for recording all the matches and stuff, good work man.

OptimusBen
Top tier effort man. Your G&W is just too good. In retrospect, I shouldn't have tried to Marth you on Delfino, but I guess we'll never know if I could have placed higher or not lol.

DJkaion
Been AGES man, it was great to see you again. I don't think I played against you though haha.

Azure Rune
I didn't play you at the tourney I think. but your brand of wolf play is as popular as ever it would seem : ]

Jei Jei
It was great to meet you man. Your Pit's pretty awesome man : ]
Sorry we didn't play more matches haha.

Undead_Moose
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

Radiance
I don't know how you and your brother get by with no practice at all.
Just melee skill?

K-0S
Short hop, fire ball, repeat.
Always repeat.

Also, Aron Sucks.

Greenstreet
Ah man, we didn't play!
=_=

I is very sad, oh well lol.
Next time I guess.

Jesmo
Heard you did pretty well aye?

Your parents were pretty cool too. How did they know Dedu?

luke_Atyeo and Reindex

That must've been an epic trip getting here.
That being said, you guys were really really good.
I'll probably be at 'Don't Come', so be there when that happens >_<

JAtz
You and you're crew really stepped it up. The tourney has uncovered some really great players. It was good to see you in any case.

GORDS
Thanks for coming GORDS, it was great to meet you. I had a great time playing against you in Brawl and Melee. Work on that Brawl TLink and Melee Sheik y'hear?

Yokai
Great work man! Sorry about putting you and Rune up against Amaterasu and Jei in the first match of Brawl doubles =_=

Keep practicing and come to meets. You'll get better, trust me.

Sieg
We need Metaknight onry. Or learn more advanced Snake tech/play before experimenting with him during a tournament set lol.

I keep telling you to read Mookierah's 'Playing to learn' thread. Read it dammit.
lol.

B00ker and Kust0m
Great to see you guys again, though, I didn't get to play either of you =_=
Don't be too discouraged by your results though, this was the first large scale tournament for Brawl here, so the double elim bracket could only be so fair.

xXArrowXx
Good to you you again man.
Like I said in the shoutout above, it's a matter of luck of the draw >_<
Next time, with seeding, I'm sure you'll have a better run.

DJ Cat

'DJ Scrub Cat and the moon people present Benny Hill on ice' is THE best team name ever.
I think everybody needs to thank DJ for his massive contribution to the whole event.

DJ (And Ghost as well) is not only housing ALL of the NSW players, he helped me with a lot on the day of the tournament, AND he (And Ghost) helped me clean the venue right up before we left.

I am really, really appreciative of everything you've done for us. If you had of come to Sizzler, I would've shouted your dinner. So I guess it'll be next time then.

Kayahan
Dude, you helped me out a TON.
I really thank you for it.
Especially the 3 TVs you bought along.

Wdog:
Haha, I thought your name was dwog lol.
Still, man, I never expected somebody would turn up only wanting to play Melee.
Much less a person who has never been apart of the QLD competitive smash scene before.

My hat goes off to you.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
vyse: Thanks for running a great tournament, it's a bummer we didn't get to play :)

djkaion: congrats on getting 9'th in the singles.

jei jei: your pit was the best i've fought, btw what did you think of my wolf?

EVERYONE: I don't have FC's for anyone who was at the tournament, mine is 3781-0602-1961
Add me if you wanna have a brawl and then post or pm me yours so I can add you too.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Shout outs:

Sieg
We need Metaknight onry. Or learn more advanced Snake tech/play before experimenting with him during a tournament set lol.

I keep telling you to read Mookierah's 'Playing to learn' thread. Read it dammit.
lol.
Experimenting worked though didn't it?

Even if it was a **** Snake lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Experimenting worked though didn't it?

Even if it was a **** Snake lol.
It worked in one match, but not the other lol.

* "Playing to Learn" by MookieRah
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176650
This incredible guide explains what a "newbie" vs a "pro" is, and details the mindset that anyone intending on becoming good in Smash should have. A must read for almost anyone.

Either way, I'm proud of the job we did.
: P

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
lol i was the youngest kid there not that philipo kids but yeah it was fun
i wanna vs some on wifi but.... it will lag but ill vs any1 if they are bored :p

neoknux_009

Smash Rookie
yeah the tournament was a big eye opener to seeing the brawl scene. i hope to improve for next time. great tournament.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
As soon as this semester is over I'll head down for some friendlies with whoever'll take me for a night. Whatd'wereckon?

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Ok, finally recovered enough to post something =D

Overall I was really impressed by how the tourney was run, the amount of equipment was really great, we had nearly 20 tvs there over the day, so loads of people got to play. Seeing all the new people there was really great fun, and things ran really smoothly despite lunch problems =D

Anyway, shoutouts I suppose,

Vyse/Anthony: Have to give a big thank you for organising everything, you ran a massive brawl singles and tourneys really well and I think everyone had a really great time due to your efforts. Crew battles were epic to the max, and melee fox dittos were fun although you thrash me time and time again hahaha

Jei: Ahhh..yoshi <3
Thanks for teaming with me, it was due to your Pit's proness that we could scrape that win in doubles =) Been fun playing you for like 5 hrs of brawl each day in the couple of days preceeding the tourney, and props to you for owning MKs and snakes with Pit

Kulla: Thanks for the absolutely epic matches throughout the day. Playing you 11 times on Saturday was absolutely terrifying on my half, you're amazing to play against in Brawl, and it was by pure luck that I managed to cheap you out >.<
Also it was nice to chat to you throughout your stay in qld, and I hope to see you soon again =)

Shaya: No, your Marth can't beat MK, will always get owned by ICs and GaW and my melee fox will **** you silly in Melee <3
Hahah, only jking, you actually did make me fear Marth a little bit, making me feel asif everything I did was gonna be punished with an up B =( But yeah, your snake/MK are also really strong and it was great playing and chatting to you, I'll try to come to one of your boost juice tourneys =P

Ryan: You nearly knocked me out of the tourney T_T You were playing really, really well and it was just unfortunate that I had to vs you each time! Play you soon =D

Hotdog: Congratz on placing high for your first Brawl tourney, and you got your revenge when you owned me with Kirby lol >.<

Bob: Thanks for helping out a tonne over sat and sunday, the amount you do for Qld is always phenomenal!

Nick: I don't hate you =.=
And you are a great brawl player, so stop saying you are crap =D

Kust0m/l3oOkeR: Really wanted to meet you guys and play a few games, guess I'll just have to wait a little longer =)

Gords: Great fun playing young link in melee <3!
I hope to see you soon in Sydney also

Greenstreet: Wanted to chat a bit longer with you, but oh well - Towoomba will have an epic meet one day which everyone will have to go to hopefully =D

Triss/Radiance: I have to go with Anthony with this one, you guys are way too good for not having a working brawl copy, hope you guys enjoyed the brawl tourney even though I know you love melee =D

Oh, and best quote of the day: (Shaya is too cheap)
Ryan: "Shaya, you're such a Jew"
Shaya: "I am a jew..."
Ryan: "Oh..."

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
So bull**** sif Kustom got higher then me when i played and won more matches then him. Now he is gonna bag the **** out of me. <_<

Vyse - Awesome Job man i really wish i could of been more use or help. Hopefully for the next one i can help out. Sucks we didnt get to play but i figured you where pretty **** busy.

Scrubs - lawls i have a man crush on your Brawl skills, i want to vs you more and get better. I want more Dedede ditto battles. lol im gonna suck you in next time! Sucks you had to leave early. i had dibs on you winning

Greenstreet - Epicness battle lol your sonic is l33t and showed me that Ice Climber suck balls vsing sonic. But my Dedede had you!!!! hope to play you alot more in the future.

K-0S/Aaron - Still havnt played you but really want to. Next time ill bring my Ipod connection cable with me. Need a place with some internets as well so we can watch some Ball are Inert and ITS OVER 9000!! Wish could hang out more with you.

Bob - only got to say hello to you but you DK looks fat. wouldnt mind having a game or to with you. hopefully next time.

Doug - LAWLS AT YOU BEATING TRENT WITH YOUR CAMPY WOLF hahaha. Nice to see you again. i do need to play you again i will beat that wolf i swear IC ice > Blaster.

Amaterasu - Watching you play man your ****in awesome congratz on wins all round. Yeah unfortunately i didnt get to meet you properly. Next time for sure. you need to teach me Ice climbers stuff coz i heard you pretty roxorz with them.

Michael - didnt see much of you but got to say hello at the start. thanks for noticing how tired i looked.

Toki - Got to vs you in the first round of doubles. Good game, watched you match with ACCELERATE your pretty **** good man. Id be happy to vs you on Wifi. it will be laggy as **** but ill give it ago.

Arrow - Nice to meet ya man. didnt get to play you but got to chat with you for a bit. Look for to next time we will have to have a falcon Ditto

Congrats to everyone else who played and placed well. look forward to the next one and hopefully we can stay longer and vs more of you.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Pew pew, Thanks Vyse + everyone who made this happen, it was a wonderful experience and I had lots of fun vs'ing so much different people and their different styles of play =P

Vyse:
Thanks for organizing everything and keeping things running smoothly. I know we didn't get to vs the whole tourney =( Maybe we'll have to have a meet up and we'll vs then =D

Triss:
I didn't get to vs in you Brawl either, we vs'd in Melee but you absolutely ***** me haha, I don't think my Kirby can stand a chance against high tier chars =(

Kulla:
Craziest snake I've ever vs'd... then again I haven't vs'd much Snakes to begin with =/ I had fun playing against you and I hope to get better for next time we meet =P

Amaterasu:
Ahh, I had absolutely NO CHANCE against your crazy Meta-Knight haha, I don't know why I even tried =P But I'll learn to beat Meta-Knight one day... Grats on coming first, you deserve it.

Ahh, it was a good tourney overall, there's still heaps of people that I didn't get to vs and I want to, so I hope we can arrange a meet so I can vs all the people I didn't get to.

Thanks again!

Edit: Just saw the pics, you made a typo, It's Stiks on the left and Axe on the right. I was wearing that Cookie Monster hat remember? =P

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've updated the first post with pics.

Also, here's some of the post-QBB Outt of Staters meet:
Smash and Sizzler, doesn't get any better.
(Click on photos for full size)

wood

Smash Rookie
Amaterasu was elite at brawl... his match with Kulla made me want to start playing it as well as melee

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Okay quick shoutouts while I have my hands on the interwebz:

First off of course is Vyse who threw an amazing tourney. Props to you for not losing your cool, basically being very professional with the whole thing, especially seeing as though it's your first major tournament.
Plus your Diddy is hacks lol. A few more games and I'm sure I can overcome the phenomenal banana peel mindgames. You screwed with my mind, you will pay.

Second would naturally be Chris/Amaterasu, housed the hell out of me. I couldn't thank you enough for all that you did, including my change in diet, the smash training, my birthday present of course and simply your awesome company for my time in the Gold Coast. I know your incredibly modest but I know that you know that you are Australia's finest brawl player and will probably remain that way for some time to come. Congrats on everything.

Doug: I can safely say that you were the best Yoshi I've played so far, sif lasting 235% on your last stock wth is that. I'll always see you as a Yoshi comrade I guess...lolz. Respect.

Jesmo: Your parents are a mindgame o_O" I have had some decent Wolf experience back in Melbourne and you still managed to nearly beat me in both matches. For someone so young you really impressed me with your brawl skills and had me scared a couple of times during our last stock. So yes I thought your Wolf was great and you can ask Chris (DJKaion OR Amaterasu) I was commenting on your skill after our match. Hope that answers your question :)

Kas: If you read this, screw you for not coming, even just to see me for cuddles and hugs. Biatch.

Those Sydney Guys: Just quickly in one go, Kulla your just plain cool and still a top tier smasher (Brawl and Melee) I really enjoyed hanging out with you. Shaya I stand by with what I said about you being the best Marth I have vsed, no one has been able to pick up my style of play and turn it around on me so quickly before. Gords, we didn't vs much but you were overall just fun to talk to, very cool. Oh and plus your TLink was good, alot of AT.

Nick: Practice arrow looping lol. It feels good being on the receiving end of compliments on how accurate and mind blowing my arrows can be. Fun friendlies <3

Ryan: Huge lol. Your a funny guy, I'm still laughing at that Jew comment. Oh and nice ROB btw, what the flux pro skills.

Not forgetting Bob: Always doing so much for the Smash community, thank you for everything and that includes the small meet at your's before Sizzler. Fun times.

For everyone else I'm probably forgetting but running short on internet time: I had fun, tournament was great and thank you all for making it that way. Thank you for all of the friendlies. Peace.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wow that was great tourney.

cheers vyse for organizing a great tourney, and your diddy was insane, I couldn't do a thing.
btw one of the photo's on the front page says its got me and reindex in it but those are completely different people.

shaya: great matches man even if they were only friendlys, I still think your marth is
better than your meta knight, there's enough meta knights anyway eh? hope I get to play
you again soon.

xxarrowxx: mm not sure if I have the right name here, but those snake ditto's were epic,
maybe next time I come to queensland you can settle the score.

Jei jei: I'm impressed man, beating me that hard with pit is pretty pwn, good to meet you.

Kulla: thanks for the matches man, fighting you really helps me get better I think, and sorry if
I freak you out with all the weird stuff I say.
can't wait for the next epic *** kicking.

thanks to everyone else I played for being good sports and fun to vs,
queensland is pretty pwn and I can't wait to come back... (but not as pwn as Sydney)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Sure. But Brawl skill still means nothing. :dizzy: :psycho: :dizzy:

It takes faster reflexes and more overall skill to play Melee. There's no doubt about it.
I'm sure if Chris had played Melee more when it was THE competetive game, he would have slaughtered MILLIONS.

Videos we need nao can has kgo?

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Regarding the silly person bashing both Chris's Smash skills and Brawl:

1. The same logic could be used to argue that Melee skill means nothing, because obviously Chris's apparent lack of it didn't get in the way of Brawl.

2. I played some friendlies with Chris after the actual Melee singles tourney, and he was definitely better than me (during the actual tournament, anyway - I was rusty as hell at Melee and got back into the swing of things a bit during the friendlies).

3. It seems to me that there's a fair amount of luck in double elimination, which'd explain how I placed higher than Chris at the Melee singles despite being worse.

On an entirely different topic, congratulations to vyse for doing such a good job with the tourney. I totally should have said this earlier.

Top Bottom