• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Austin, TX Melee Circuit: Austintatious Smash Spectacle FEAT. Vudujin

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
The UT Austin Smash Club presents
Austintatious Smash Spectacle
Austin Melee Circuit Tournament
Saturday, November 24, 2012

If you need help with directions, housing, concerns, or issues:
Jose (JOS.fm) (210) 420-3619 TO
Matt (MT) (713) 302-7592 TO

Parking
TBD

SCHEDULE
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Doors Open/Registration Begins - 11:00 AM
Doubles Registration Ends - 1:00 PM
Doubles Begin - 2:00 PM
Singles Registration ends - 2:00 PM (Noon)
Singles Begins - 3:00 PM
Venue Closes - 11:30 PM

PRICE
Venue fee - $5*
Singles - $10
Doubles - $10 per team

*waived if you bring a setup (TV, GC/Wii, Melee)

PAYOUT

SINGLES
IF no. of entrants is less than 24
1st = 60%
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%

ELSEIF no. of entrants is less than 32
1st = 60%
2nd = 25%
3rd = 10%
4th = 5%

ELSE
1st = 55%
2nd = 25%
3rd = 10%
4th = 5%
5th = 2.5%

DOUBLES
1st = 60%
2nd = 30%
3rd = 10%

Setups
We have about 4-5 setups. Please bring setups! If you bring a setup your venue
fee will be waived.
*A setup consists of a CRT TV, copy of Melee, and a Gamecube or Wii with the necessary cables.

GENERAL RULES

• Items are set to off
  • The number of stock is set to 4
  • The time limit is set to 8 minutes
  • All Bracket Sets will be best of 5 matches
  • Pause is set to off
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • Double Elimination
  • Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR): No player can counter pick a stage he or she has LAST won on unless agreed upon by both players
  • Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a stock and percentage tie, a one-stock match will be played.
  • Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
  • Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
  • The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
  • Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
  • Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: Fountain of Dreams)
Additional Rules for Double's Play

• Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON
Tournament Specific Rules

• The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
  • The Mage's DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is 5 minutes late he will receive a warning. At 8 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After 12 minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. No pleas will be taken into consideration.
  • If there is a dispute, it must be settled before the start of the next match.
  • MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
  • Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.
  • No Coaching is permitted during a match.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT

• Double Elimination Bracket for both Singles and Doubles
  • Should there be less than 6 entrants to either events, a round robin tournament will be preferred
  • ALL sets are best of 5 matches
Set Format (in order of procedure)

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
  2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List (indicated in blue) until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1-2-1 order.
  3. After the first match, each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
  4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from the Stage List
  5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
Singles Stage List
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Stage List
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
DK 64

Kal

Smash Champion
I will absolutely be going to this penis.

MT_

Smash Ace
ATTENTION:

I am very sad to say this but we are canceling this tourney due to a very low projected turnout. :( most Austin smashers won't actually be in Austin due to thanksgiving break (most of us are going to other parts of Texas where family is) and thus won't be able to attend... As such this tourney is officially cancelled. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone! And Vudujin sorry to get your hopes up D: we can do the Marth vs Roy money match at Apex!

:phone:

MT_

Smash Ace
Feel free! I'm probably going to be in Houston though (was only going to come to Austin early because of the tournament).

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Yeah. I still want to smash with you guys. I would need a ride to whomever is hosting, but I would love to play some peeps; especially my boy, Marcus.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
MT____, is there anybody left in Austin? My house is way out in Smithville, about 45 minutes from Austin, so it might not be the most convenient location especially if Vudujin doesn't have a ride.

Top Bottom