• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Austin-based Smasher KWAM$TACK$ shows off Doctor Mario in His Latest Combo Video

Need a Tuesday morning pick-me-up? Kwam$tack$' latest combo video, 'My Doc's Too Good', might be just that.

Kwam$tack$, a Doctor Mario main from Austin, showcases his character's strong points in a short but sweet combo video. His acquired character expertise coupled with an equally talented editor in the form of NPFG make the video a treat to watch.

Aside from this combo videos, Kwam$tack$ also produces highlight shorts, developmental and educational content on his channel. Mostly dedicated to Doctor Mario, his channel serves as a good starting point in learning about the character's strengths, weaknesses and quirks.

What do you think of the video? Do you think Doctor Mario is a viable character? Let us know in the comments!

If you want to see your videos on the frontpage, feel free to message the author of this article or Popi, Smashboards' editor-in-chief.

For more coverage on Super Smash Bros, stay tuned on Smashboards.

So what do you think of the video? Does it change your mind about Doc's viability? Would you rather pick up Mario or Doc? Let us know in the comments.

Last edited:
Dominic "RayOfCannon" William

Comments

I am not a Smash4 fan and you tricked me into watching it by not stating what game is was, but even I have to admit that is some quality editing there and I do not regret watching it now because of so!

Last edited:
Doc's low tier.

He has mario's greatest weakness (getting in) greatly emphasized with little reward. Not to mention his trash recovery and mediocre reach.

He needs a mega vitamin buff (FAF 53-40 at least) to really look viable imo.

Doc is just Mario but kind of worse. His recovery is ok but he has a solid way of getting in. Mega vitamins are good and of course his grab is great. Up B out of shield is an amazing option for him as well.

Cool combos, but a good portion of those are not guaranteed. Mario gets similar combos with much less work/reads.

One thing people don't notice about Doc is he has an objectively better special kit than Mario. Let's take a look:

- Megavitamins are objectively better than fireballs. While they have the same FAF, active frames, BKB, knockback angle and KBG, doc's bounce at a more favourable angle on the ground (catches short hops) and do more damage.

- Super Sheet has more damage and active frames than Mario with the same frame data as Mario's beside that. The only advantage Mario's has is being able to stall in midair, and hwile that is a good thing, Doc's is better onstage and as a reflector while Mario's is better offstage, though Doc's is better overall.

- Doc's Super Jump Punch is a direct upgrade of Mario's. It goes the same distance but has the extremely powerful sweetspot at the base. Imagine Mario's up air up air up b combos with Doc's upb and you have a good example of how good Doc's SJP is.

- Okay, why wouldn't you want Docnado over FLUDD? Fludd is a gimmicky edgeguard at best, but Docnado is a powerful kill move that can be chained into, edgegaurds better than FLUDD, and functions as an additional recovery.

Actually, Doc's kit is the exact same or better than Mario's, it's his brawl mario-esque mobility that keeps him from succeeding in competitive play.

Also Re@op, I'd pick up Doc over Mario because I usually gravitate towards slower/less mobile characters and Mario's speed throws me for a loop.

Last edited:
One thing people don't notice about Doc is he has an objectively better special kit than Mario. Let's take a look:
- Doc's Super Jump Punch is a direct upgrade of Mario's. It goes the same distance but has the extremely powerful sweetspot at the base. Imagine Mario's up air up air up b combos with Doc's upb and you have a good example of how good Doc's SJP is.

Actually, Doc's kit is the exact same or better than Mario's, it's his brawl mario-esque mobility that keeps him from succeeding in competitive play.

Also Re@op, I'd pick up Doc over Mario because I usually gravitate towards slower/less mobile characters and Mario's speed throws me for a loop.
Same distance?
No freaking way. That is wrong.

I think I added this man while playing some Falcon online. I think we played like ten some matches and I won only one or two against him.

Top Bottom