• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Aura Warriors, Discover & Master [READ BEFORE MAKING A THREAD]

First Question: Is this Q & A thread decent?

• Yes.

Votes: 35 46.7%
  • No.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Definitely!

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • I guess.

Votes: 14 18.7%

• Total voters

CreatureComforts

Smash Rookie
I'm not expecting anyone to test this; I'm just curious. If you don't know, that's okay.

In terms of move staling, do Force Palm Flame and Force Palm Command Grab count as the same move or different moves. Does using one stale both?

This might seem like a dumb question, but I'm really not sure.

Croi

Smash Lord
Staling goes by per input. Since it's one input for one Force Palm, they are considered the same move when it comes to staling.

Enenra

Smash Rookie
Anyone else finding it hard to jump up smash cancel with lucario ever since the latest update ??

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Anyone else finding it hard to jump up smash cancel with lucario ever since the latest update ??
Landing it or the input? If you're trying to land I recommend trying it 10-15% higher than before the patch.

If it is the input I don't think any of us really had any issues.

Enenra

Smash Rookie
Landing it or the input? If you're trying to land I recommend trying it 10-15% higher than before the patch.

If it is the input I don't think any of us really had any issues.
I usually only do it when I'm at 80-100%
But they can DI out of it now and the angle is all wrong its very hard to land it, I now just go for B-airs as its unreliable, The patch didn't really do anything for lucario..... They could have made his Side B have less ending lag it would have helped.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Lucario is all around faster meaning we live a bit longer.

The way % scaling works with hitstun... The higher the opponent's % the more hitstun they take, so you should do it when they are around 80%ish then. The increase in Aura hitstun is wayyyyy less than opponent % scaling hitstun if that makes any sense.

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
Does hitting with the ASC stale the projectile?

Also with the mobility buffs have there been new combos or options anyone has found?

Last edited:

Meatbag

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KeithSprings
Hey guys I want to start learning Lucario just in case mk gets nerfed, where should I start?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Learn the range of his moves and what is safe and not safe.

Learn how to ExtremeSpeed without excessive SDs.

Learn how to Wavebounce and B-reverse.

Learn how to use Aura Sphere charge (ASC).

Learn approximate percents for Aura so you know how to abuse it better, when it can kill, etc.

NEVER USE DTHROW.

Last edited:

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Stock (dis)advantage doesnt affect aura in this game right?
It does, disadvantage affects it positively. Stock advantage affects it negatively.
While I heard that his was removed in Smash 4, I keep hearing rumors that it got patched back in after 1.1.1 or 1.1.3, but it doesn't seem to be the case in my testing. I just can't find out for sure and this is huge.
If I'm playing a 2-stock 1v1 and we both get the other up to 100% but I get KO'd first and has to start over at 0%, I am now only doing only 2/3 damage and knockback. I'm gonna have to get my final stock's damage back up to at least 75% to be able to KO him. At the same time, being at a high percent from before puts my opponent into Rage and I'm in danger of losing my last stock even earlier than the first. So basically, losing the first stock is practically game over right off the bat.
But in Brawl, losing that stock gave you another aura boost so you weren't completely harmless after losing a stock early.

Does anyone know, definitively, if being behind a stock gets you any type of aura boost in Smash 4? I'm seriously going crazy trying to find out.

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
OK, so I know there are graphs that illustrate how Lucario's aura increase his damage and knockback from 0.66x at 0% all the way up to 1.7x at 190%, but what's the aura calculation from losing a stock?

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
What are lucario's bread and butter combos/frame traps on fast fallers? (Sheik)

Empire~

s a d b o y s
What are lucario's bread and butter combos/frame traps on fast fallers? (Sheik)
Ff Nair combos into grab

Buffer things so they come out asap

I’d definitely recommend going into training mode and messing around for a bit.

You want to end combos with nair or upair for more damage. However, ending with nair sometimes isn’t safe against characters with fast aerials such as sheik. Also, at low %s, the opponent can just jump after the nair anyway. This is relevant for combos such as #5&6.

So here are some things that you can do:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low %s, (safe):

Uthrow> fh fair>fair>nair(>utilt)/upair/fair

Uthrow> fh nair>ff>dair.

Sh fair>ff>dj fair>nair(>uptilt)>grab>…

(Less safe):

Uthrow> sh upair>ff(>shield if they nair to ground>regrab>…)

Uthrow> sh nair>ff(>dtilt)>grab.

Uthrow> fh fair>ff nair>utilt(>grab)/shield&grab>…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Lucario b&b:

Aura sphere charge(asc)>dair

Asc>upsmash

Shffl bair

Shffl nair

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Is Lucario uthrow uair aura kill confirm true or is it a 50/50? When does it start working?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hey guys i learned to B-Reverse Aura Sphere and i can do UpSmash out of Shield but not consistently.

Can some one tell me some combos like grab combos or just anything in general i know nothing been in the Lab for about a hour im doing ok but not comfortable.

Need help or advice please.

I never knew Lucario was this good.... i honestly thought he was straight trash..

Man that Kamicario video converted me instantly

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
U-throw can net you anywhere from 2 to 3 F-air chains on flat stages, maybe more if there are platforms and you're consistent. You can also F-air x2 and then U-air out of u-throw. You can also SH out of ASC and then d-air for more damage if your opponent isn't at the golden % for ASC JCUS. If an opponent misses the tech or doesn't react in time after getting hit with a dash attack you can lock them with a single weak AS, then you can d-tilt them, grab, then go with luc's u-air combos. This trick only works though if the opponent is at very low % otherwise they get knocked too high and have enough time to react after the dash attack

I see a lot of new lucarios use d-throw and try to combo off that, but d-throw has no true/guaranteed followups so avoid using it if you're trying to rack up damage

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Lately, I've been toying around with Lucario.

Here are some things I'm struggling with

1) How do I cancel the aura to a grab or Usmash?

2) When I use the Up B to recover, what is the best way to land on stage with the fewest frames of landing lag?

3) How do I land a chain of fair strings off from a uthrow?

4) How do I wave bounce?

Last edited:

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Hello any tips for the pikachu Mu ? i have a lots trouble dealing with pikachu speed and pressure game as lucario.
Thanks
Pikachu is one of the top/high tier characters Lucario actually does well against. Due Lucario being almost ungimpable in Smash 4, Pikachu's edgeguarding attempts usually just end up racking damage on us, which means Pikachu gets easier to kill.

If you're sitting in shield and Pikachu grabs you at a high percent, always DI left or right, even if you guessed wrong on the throw as Pikachu's throws will almost never kill alone. This ensures that if they go for the up throw to Thunder, you're already DI-ing and you can react to the Thunder bolt coming down.

Aura Sphere will cleanly eat through Thunder Jolts once we hit +70%. This means Pikachu's camp game is severely limited and is stuck approaching. Our nair and dair will almost always beat out Quick Attack. Once you've limited Pikachu's options, then it's just a matter of time before he dies.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Dk is giving me some trouble right now one knocked me out of tournament :( any tips?
  • Don't challenge him if he is below you unless if you're going for a gimp.
  • Use Aura Sphere wisely DK may just BAir AS and you if you try firing smaller Spheres.
  • His hurtbox is so big he is easily picked up by Aura Sphere Charge. So use that when you catch him doing something laggy.
  • Speaking of which... He has quite a bit of landing lag on his air attacks.
  • When he grabs you mash like you've never mashed before because of the Ding Dong, which can kill when he has low or no rage. Or at least put you in a very unfavorable position.

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
Lately, I've been toying around with Lucario.

Here are some things I'm struggling with

1) How do I cancel the aura to a grab or Usmash?

2) When I use the Up B to recover, what is the best way to land on stage with the fewest frames of landing lag?

3) How do I land a chain of fair strings off from a uthrow?

4) How do I wave bounce?
1) If Tap Jump is on, this will be easier to do. Just shield, press up and then immediately press attack. This will cancel the jump by doing an up smash. If Tap Jump is off, then you will need to press shield, jump, then attack in that order.
2) I believe you land on stage diagonally.
3) I think you have to jump straight up, then begin the Fair strings, seeing as how you said up throw.
4) If you are in the air and are already moving in one direction, do a B reversal to change the momentum in the opposite direction.

_Nives_

Smash Cadet
Hello me again since i am going to a tournament with mii legal , do you have any tips on how to deal with mii brawler set 1122 ??
Thanks

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
How come there are times when I do the B-reverse, there is hardly any momentum after running up and then short hop to a B-reverse? When I stand and then jump backwards, I can get the momentum on the B-reverse as well as being able to do it after an empty reverse jump.

Croi

Smash Lord
B-reversing reverses all horizontal momentum. If you don't have any horizontal momentum, your b-reverse won't go very far. That's why your backwards jumps have more momentum.

J-Aura

Smash Rookie
Question for the lucario mains including myself,
What is lucario as a character? ??
Example : is he risk reward character

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Risk-reward and his playstyle is a mixture of defensive and offensive, but probably more defensive since he has such low kill power until he hits about 70%. However he can of course kill crazy early when he hits kill %, by which point you want to play entirely defensive so you can keep getting rewarded for punishes by dealing high damage and having super early kill potential.

Last edited:

J-Aura

Smash Rookie
Risk-reward and his playstyle is a mixture of defensive and offensive, but probably more defensive since he has such low kill power until he hits about 70%. However he can of course kill crazy early when he hits kill %, by which point you want to play entirely defensive so you can keep getting rewarded for punishes by dealing high damage and having super early kill potential.
Thanks bro

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
If you're a stock behind and at about 100%, I found it good to play a more spacious game and nust have my specials do more work for me, especially with customs since I can do a snaring aura sphere and completly trap the opponent in shield, and I kept the regular side-b because the advancing one kills a lot later, and the long ranged one kills the same as the normal one off a grab (Which is a lot harder to get) , and it kills later than the normal one if you hit the energy part. I also used the regular down-b, and Ride the Wind as the custom up-b since it has a lot less landing lag than the normal one.

Edit: Also, just wondering because I asked the Greninja's too, where would you put Lucario and Greninja on the tier list? I know Zero rank Lucario a couple spots in front of Greninja, but the Greninja players said that they're around 17-25th place on the tier list. Would you guys agree?

Last edited:

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellow Lucario players, the Wario boards are currently discussing the Lucario Matchup if you want to join the conversation click Wario :4wario2:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Is Lucario's UThrow Uair a true confirm? Or is it possible to DI or jump away from it? Day killed me with it at Final Round.

Top Bottom