• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Sphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I have a quick question about Lucario's Aura Sphere. I have heard from my friends that the right time to charge is only when you kill the person. But is that the only time Lucario should charge the Aura Sphere? :confused:

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
you can charge it while on the move... just don't charge it in midair blindly

jog

Smash Journeyman
charge it when you have space. just throw it out for a second then roll, or start charging after you've knocked your opponent off the stage and he's trying to recover. just whenever you feel like its time to charge it then do so. you don't have to get a full charge every time. just be patient and charge it a little at a time.

Omnath

Smash Ace
I have a quick question about Lucario's Aura Sphere. I have heard from my friends that the right time to charge is only when you kill the person. But is that the only time Lucario should charge the Aura Sphere? :confused:
It depends on the situation. Generally you want to hit the fully charged aura spheres when you hit high percentages, that way you get the full effect of the knockback. A good strategy would be to charge it up almost completely, that way you don't glow with the fully charged sphere and it will act as a surprise attack. Tiny aura spheres can be used to rack up damage though. (Or just to be annoying)

jog

Smash Journeyman
It depends on the situation. Generally you want to hit the fully charged aura spheres when you hit high percentages, that way you get the full effect of the knockback. A good strategy would be to charge it up almost completely, that way you don't glow with the fully charged sphere and it will act as a surprise attack. Tiny aura spheres can be used to rack up damage though. (Or just to be annoying)
but if you do charge aura sphere all the way then you can keep your opponent on their toes always guessing when you're going to use it. its like a full donkey punch from DK, a full charge shot from samus, or a full fart from wario. it just makes people play different and not their usual game.:)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I like how this thread is sitting right above the Q&A thread. This is braindamaged do you guys get this stuff often?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
That's good because I love cake. Now go to the Q&A thread, tell me how hawt I am and let's brawl later.

Or something like that.

<3<3<3

Timbers

check me out
AS should be charged anytime you get room. There is never a situation where BAS is better than AS. It has a larger hitbox, more priority, more damage, and more knockback. Charge it whenever your opponent has taken too much knockback to reliably followup. If you have to get into an edgeguard position, fulljump towards the edge and charge a sphere while you get there. You've set yourself up to edgeguard while having a full AS to edgeguard with, if you didn't already have one.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I charge it everytime I can. BAS is inferior to actual charged AS. Plus, my opponents don't seem to punish it, sometimes they try only to get a airdodge to Dair, so it's win-win IMO.

But if you're getting punished for charging, use BAS more. BAS is better for spacing against people who approach too much and great for annoying your opponents.

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Charge it whenever you have distance + enough time to press b and dodge/shield. Because thats all ya need. Also.... when recovering from being sent flying, if your opponent doesnt chase after you in the air... i also charge then. but be sure to cancel charging a bit earlier than you normally would so your opponent doesnt go after you. Charging on your way back to the stage is lucario's way of saying DONT EDGE GUARD MEH BEETCH.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I usually use BAS for "cover fire" when AS isn't fast enough, and for interrupting an edgeguard attempt, and the occasional mindgame. BAS seems to have some use, but overall there are better advantages for charging up AS.

Mattsy

Smash Apprentice
I always charge a sphere between KOs, and try to charge one with my invincibility frames after returning from a KO.

Having a charged sphere when they have high percents attracts all sorts of weird responses. :3

Saberdude27

Smash Cadet
Hmmm I always charge my aura sphere whenever I can- even in the air! And if people try to ledgehog I shoot the aura sphere at him, which usually kills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom