• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

August 8th, 2018 Smash Directs Reveals

hi_my_names_trey_and_i_have_a_basketball_game_tomorrowwwwww.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s August Smash Direct revealed plenty of new content yesterday. Fans were expecting a character reveal, maybe even two, only to be blown away by how many got confirmed. Five newcomers were confirmed - two unique characters and three echo fighters.

The unique newcomers are King K. Rool from Donkey Kong and Simon Belmont from Castlevania. Also joining as echo fighters:

- Dark Samus (Metroid)
- Chrom (Fire Emblem)
- Richter Belmont (Castlevania)

Notably, Masahiro Sakurai said Dark Samus and Chrom were highly requested. He didn’t comment on K. Rool although it probably goes without saying the Smash Ballot had a role in his inclusion in Ultimate. Sakurai also said “we plan to reveal the design of every fighter before the game launches. We will have a few more to announce later to stay tuned,” meaning that more newcomers remains to be revealed. Who they are is left for people to speculate on.

Outside playable characters, here are what else got confirmed,

Items:

• Bomber (Kirby)
  • Banana Gun (Donkey Kong)
  • Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom (Earthbound)
  • Killing Edge (Fire Emblem)
  • Staff (Kid Icarus)
  • Death’s Scythe (Castlevania)
  • Rage Blaster (possibly an original item)

Pokeballs:

• Abra
  • Alolan Exeggutor
  • Ditto
  • Lunala
  • Marshadow
  • Mimikyu
  • Pyukumuku
  • Togedemaru
  • Vulpix

Assist Trophies:

• Klaptrap (Donkey Kong)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Moon (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Kapp’n (Animal Crossing)
  • Nikki (Mii)
  • Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid)
  • Zero (Mega Man)
  • Alucard (Castlevania)
  • Rathalos (Monster Hunter)
  • Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)

There will be at least 103 stages, with Omega and Battlefield forms bringing it to 309 so far. Alongside the previously-revealed forms, it is possible to disable stage hazards. Every stage is available in eight-player matches.

Returning Stages:

• Peach’s Castle (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Kongo Jungle (Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Super Happy Tree (Yoshi, Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Rainbow Cruise (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Yoshi’s Island (Yoshi, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Brinstar Depth (Metroid, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Fountain of Dream (Kirby, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Pokémon Stadium (Pokémon, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Mario Bros. (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Pirate Ship (The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Summit (Ice Climber, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Hanebow (Electroplankton, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Gamer (WarioWare, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Golden Plains (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Paper Mario (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Dream Land GB (Kirby, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Unova Pokémon League (Pokémon, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Mute City (F-Zero, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Magicant (Earthbound, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • PictoChat 2 (PictoChat, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Flat Zone X (Game & Watch, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Windy Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Big Battlefield (Super Smash Bros.)
  • Final Destination (Super Smash Bros.)

New Stages:

• New Donk City Hall (Super Mario Bros.)
  • Dracula’s Castle (Castlevania)

Stage Bosses:

• Metal Face (Xenoblade)
  • Dracula (Castlevania)

Music:

• Roughly 900 tracks
  • Organized by series rather than stages
  • Castlevania has thirty-four audio tracks

Sakurai also mentioned plenty of new details on modes this game:

• Classic Single-Player mode returns. Each character has a unique pre-set series of opponents to fight.
  • Tournament Mode returns from Brawl with support for up to thirty-two players.
  • Squad Strike offers the option for three vs. three or five vs. five elimination battle, similar to crew battles.
  • Another new versus mode comes in the form of Smashdown. After each game, the characters used in that game are locked.
  • When entering versus mode, the option to set match rules appears before stage and character selection.
  • As in previous games, you can set who gets to pick the stage - either all players can choose stages, one player chooses at a time in a set order, or the loser of the previous game chooses the stage.
  • Training Mode adds a new stage with a grid design. After landing an attack in Training, the game shows launch distances for each attack at 0% and 100%.

Europe will be receiving this sleek bundle with the Switch, containing the game, Nintendo GameCube Controller, and the adapter. Whenever or not it comes out in the rest of the world remains to be seen.

What would you like to see out of Ultimate now that we have seen most of the game and do you think they can top E3 or yesterday's Smash Direct?

Comments

>Simon Belmont
>Richter Belmont
>Chrom
>Dark Samus
>King K Rool

This looks like a crazy, unbelievable 4chan leak. Today was a good day to be a Smash Fan. :4pacman:

This direct brought so many new features I never knew I wanted. I've watched it so many times already... it's so packed with hype!

That really helped the news drought, I feel very satisfied for a time.

D
I haven't been this hyped for anything in years. This is the definitive Smash game with a roster we've dreamed of ever since Brawl. Now that dream is a reality and more and we can bask in awe.

It's so surreal, it feels like a fantasy. Like I'm just going to wake up one day and realize it was all a bad dream. This is it, this is the Smash game we've all been waiting for.

I can't think of much more to add, besides the option to turn off the star KO randomness, and possibly a good level designing tool.

And I know it won't happen, but I would LOVE it if you could pick ditto as a random character, and you just turn into a random fighter at the start of the match, but in the pink ditto form.
They already have the ditto model made for every fighter, so I don't think it'd be too much work.

Even though I watched the Direct live, props for not spoiling what was revealed at all in the thumbnail or title of this article

Good thing I avoided the leaks. Although the leak was just on Castlevania's (as a series) inclusion and nothing else, avoiding them is a good idea especially considering the devastating Roy/Ryu leak back then.

Here are the past stages not confirmed in the game:
  • Planet Zebes (Metroid, Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Sector Z (Star Fox, Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Mushroom Kingdom I (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Poké Floats (Pokémon, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Mute City (F-Zero, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Icicle Mountain (Ice Climber, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Flat Zone (Game & Watch, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Rumble Falls (Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Flat Zone 2 (Game & Watch, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Pictochat (Pictochat, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Rainbow Road (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Pac-Maze (PAC-MAN, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Jungle Hijinks (Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Woolly World (Yoshi, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Pyrosphere (Metroid, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Orbital Gate Assault (Star Fox, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Miiverse (Mii, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
Overall 17 stages missing (18 if Meta Crystal from SSB64 is counted). It is likely that these stages are not coming back period, although a few might have a chance to come back, but I don't know.

Very little to no chance of coming back:
  • Planet Zebes. This stage is simply a clone of Brinstar, an updated Melee stage that is coming back.
  • Sector Z. This stage is simply a clone of Corneria, an updated Melee stage that is coming back.
  • Mushroom Kingdom I. This stage is a clone of Mushroom Kingdom, a 64 stage that is coming back. Edit: On top of that, there is already two stages representing the original Super Mario Bros: the above mentioned Mushroom Kingdom from Smash 64, and Mushroomy Kingdom from Brawl.
  • Mute City. This stage is a clone of Port Town Aero Dive, a Brawl stage that is coming back.
  • Icicle Mountain. Similarly to SSB4, Sakurai is going to avoid annoying vertical scrollers like this one. Summit is already coming back as the home stage for the Ice Climbers.
  • Flat Zone. Flat Zone X is coming back.
  • Rumble Falls. Similarly to SSB4, Sakurai is going to avoid annoying vertical scrollers like this one.
  • Flat Zone 2. Flat Zone X is coming back.
  • Pictochat. Pictochat 2 is coming back, although I would like the 2 versions being combined like what they did with Flat Zone in SSB4.
  • Pyrosphere. Ridley is coming to the roster as a playable fighter, so him appearing as a boss would make no sense.
  • Miiverse. Miiverse shut down after the release of SSB4. Without Miiverse posts, the stage becomes a generic Battlefield.
Stages with a better chance, but still unlikely:
  • Poké Floats. A fan favorite stage for many people, but the design (specifically the Pokemon) is kinda outdated at this point, harming it's chances. Still a possibility. Edit: There are also some obvious complications on making Battlefield and FD versions of this stage.
  • Rainbow Road. Probably not coming due to Mario Circuit coming back, but is from Mario Kart 7 (instead of 8 which is what Mario Circuit is based upon) and having a unique design. Edit: However, there are already two stages existing to represent the Mario Kart spinoff series, so that harms this stage's chances even further.
  • Pac-Maze. Kinda strange of Pac-Land coming back instead of Pac-Maze, but Pac-Land being the chosen stage to represent the Pac-Man series makes it unlikely for Pac-Maze to come back. I put it under the "unlikely but still possible" category, due to the stage pulling from Pac-Man's most iconic roots.
  • Jungle Hijinks. A unique stage with dual-planing. However, it is somewhat unpopular and there is already numerous Donkey Kong stages to choose from. Still not out of the realm of possibility. Edit: Actually, on second thought, this stage is probably not coming back, due to the difficulties the Stage Morphing feature will cause with this stage.
  • Woolly World. Probably the biggest surprise to me is this stage isn't confirmed to come back. There is very little reason to do so, and this stage was announced late in SSB4 development. But thinking of it again, there is already 4 Yoshi stages coming to the game, so....
  • Orbital Gate Assault. Ahh... the stage that took one year to make, looks visually impressive, but unpopular among the players. Probably the biggest reason why I am surprised it wasn't confirmed to come back, is due to it having secret Star Fox related conversations in that stage.
Finally two big questions developed in my head as I look at this:
  1. Why is SSB3DS' Mute City renamed as "Mute City SNES", there isn't another Mute City named stage confirmed in the game? It makes sense for SSB3DS' Dream Land stage to be renamed "Dread Land GB", because another stage called "Dream Land" already exists in the game.
  2. In the Smash Direct, we saw a look of the new Monster Hunter stage, with Rathalos as a boss character there. Why hasn't the stage shown up in the list of stages in the Smash Ultimate Website? Will it be added later? Or maybe it is exclusive to a separate mode in the game (such as Boss Battles, Adventure Mode, and Story Mode), as the layout of the stage seems to be a bland flat stage similarly to some boss fights in Brawl's Adventure Mode. Edit: Alpharad has pointed out that only one fighter was shown in each clip about that stage, which supports the Story Mode theory.
That is all I got.

Last edited:
Well, we didn't get Ashley nor Shovel Knight as fighters, but at least we still have some other stuff to make it up! Especially King K. Rool and a few other fighters.

Hey, maybe in the next Direct we could get Rex & Pya, Spring Man, Shantae, Captain Toad, Chorus Kid, Rayman (a Smasher's gotta dream), etc. We'll have to wait and see until the next Smash Direct.

Squad Strike offers the option for three vs. three or five vs. five elimination battle, similar to crew battles.
I've been wanting this mode since the pre-Brawl days. Glad it's finally being added to Ultimate.

Man... The Nintendo Direct was simply amazing with all the newcomers to represent the most requested aspects to be the ultimate entry for years to come!

I believe the direct was Tutu-tastic!

Tbh, I can care less about any of these characters making it in, but I am glad that we got more characters that were highly requested. Might try out Chrom.

Holy hell!!!! 73 characters AND STILL MORE TO COME!!!!!

I’ve literally never been this satisfied with roster that hasn’t even been fully revealed yet!!!

WE GOT KING K.ROOL!!!!! I’m seriously all set and we could not have anymore new characters and I would still be happy.

Good thing I avoided the leaks. Although the leak was just on Castlevania's (as a series) inclusion and nothing else, avoiding them is a good idea especially considering the devastating Roy/Ryu leak back then.

Here are the past stages not confirmed in the game:
  • Planet Zebes (Metroid, Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Sector Z (Star Fox, Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Mushroom Kingdom I (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Poké Floats (Pokémon, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Mute City (F-Zero, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Icicle Mountain (Ice Climber, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Flat Zone (Game & Watch, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Rumble Falls (Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Flat Zone 2 (Game & Watch, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Pictochat (Pictochat, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Rainbow Road (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Pac-Maze (PAC-MAN, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Jungle Hijinks (Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Woolly World (Yoshi, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Pyrosphere (Metroid, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Orbital Gate Assault (Star Fox, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Miiverse (Mii, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
Overall 17 stages missing (18 if Meta Crystal from SSB64 is counted). It is likely that these stages are not coming back period, although a few might have a chance to come back, but I don't know.

Very little to no chance of coming back:
  • Planet Zebes. This stage is simply a clone of Brinstar, an updated Melee stage that is coming back.
  • Sector Z. This stage is simply a clone of Corneria, an updated Melee stage that is coming back.
  • Mushroom Kingdom I. This stage is a clone of Mushroom Kingdom, a 64 stage that is coming back.
  • Mute City. This stage is a clone of Port Town Aero Dive, a Brawl stage that is coming back.
  • Icicle Mountain. Similarly to SSB4, Sakurai is going to avoid annoying vertical scrollers like this one. Summit is already coming back as the home stage for the Ice Climbers.
  • Flat Zone. Flat Zone X is coming back.
  • Rumble Falls. Similarly to SSB4, Sakurai is going to avoid annoying vertical scrollers like this one.
  • Flat Zone 2. Flat Zone X is coming back.
  • Pictochat. Pictochat 2 is coming back, although I would like the 2 versions being combined like what they did with Flat Zone in SSB4.
  • Pyrosphere. Ridley is coming to the roster as a playable fighter, so him appearing as a boss would make no sense.
  • Miiverse. Miiverse shut down after the release of SSB4. Without Miiverse posts, the stage becomes a generic Battlefield.
Stages with a better chance, but still unlikely:
  • Poké Floats. A fan favorite stage for many people, but the design (specifically the Pokemon) is kinda outdated at this point, harming it's chances. Still a possibility.
  • Rainbow Road. Probably not coming due to Mario Circuit coming back, but is from Mario Kart 7 (instead of 8 which is what Mario Circuit is based upon) and having a unique design.
  • Pac-Maze. Kinda strange of Pac-Land coming back instead of Pac-Maze, but Pac-Land being the chosen stage to represent the Pac-Man series makes it unlikely for Pac-Maze to come back. I put it under the "unlikely but still possible" category, due to the stage pulling from Pac-Man's most iconic roots.
  • Jungle Hijinks. A unique stage with dual-planing. However, it is somewhat unpopular and there is already numerous Donkey Kong stages to choose from. Still not out of the realm of possibility.
  • Woolly World. Probably the biggest surprise to me is this stage isn't confirmed to come back. There is very little reason to do so, and this stage was announced late in SSB4 development. But thinking of it again, there is already 4 Yoshi stages coming to the game, so....
  • Orbital Gate Assault. Ahh... the stage that took one year to make, looks visually impressive, but unpopular among the players. Probably the biggest reason why I am surprised it wasn't confirmed to come back, is due to it having secret Star Fox related conversations in that stage.
Finally two big questions developed in my head as I look at this:
  1. Why is SSB3DS' Mute City renamed as "Mute City SNES", there isn't another Mute City named stage confirmed in the game? It makes sense for SSB3DS' Dream Land stage to be renamed "Dread Land GB", because another stage called "Dream Land" already exists in the game.
  2. In the Smash Direct, we saw a look of the new Monster Hunter stage, with Rathalos as a boss character there. Why hasn't the stage shown up in the list of stages in the Smash Ultimate Website? Will it be added later? Or maybe it is exclusive to a separate mode in the game (such as Boss Battles, Adventure Mode, and Story Mode), as the layout of the stage seems to be a bland flat stage similarly to some boss fights in Brawl's Adventure Mode.
That is all I got.
Alpharad seemed to think that the field where the Rathalos fight happens is a story mode area sort of like the Rayquaza fight in Brawl. I didn't think of it at first but it seems compelling enough to be true. Sakurai is definitely going to give us a story mode of some kind this is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate lol

I know it wasn't intentional that it ended up this way but I love how it started off what we had leaked already (Simon Belmont via the Bloody Tears slip-up) and almost immediately threw in something no-one saw coming in the form of Richter on top of Simon. That and Chrom + Dark Samus happening so soon after that gave it a really chaotic vibe which screamed anything could happen this direct.

Like say, King K. Rool actually getting in!
I'm both excited and terrified at the list of possibly tourney-legal stages!
Same here, we can get a ruleset that has an insane number of stages (like 25+) which'd make the stage picking process very confusing (and maybe having a couple undeserving stages there as well) or one that has a very small number which could waste a lot of potential, there's many ways for it to go poorly lol. On the bright side though, we're definitely getting the best stagelist so far for friendlies this game, that's practically a guarantee.

Last edited:
Crash and Coco Bandicoot could easily get the same treatment as Simon and Richter Belmont.

Plus, I'd love a Spyro assist trophy! Sakurai loves obscure Trophies!

The primary difference being that Coco would be lighter, but knockback would be slightly lower, which would counter each other but only slightly. Attack power would be similar, with Coco's tech and martial arts attacks being higher than Crash's.

The direct was awesome. However I don't like the way it looks how they are going to implement the stage hazard toggle. It looks like it is going to be something you select with the rules before you start fighting, I would prefer it to work like Omega and Battlefield modes because there are stages I like to play without hazards and there are stages I prefer to play with hazards. I hope they will change this (or I'm wrong about this).

The direct was awesome. However I don't like the way it looks how they are going to implement the stage hazard toggle. It looks like it is going to be something you select with the rules before you start fighting, I would prefer it to work like Omega and Battlefield modes because there are stages I like to play without hazards and there are stages I prefer to play with hazards. I hope they will change this (or I'm wrong about this).
I'm thinking that could be fixed with a future update to the game. Also I think there should be a character slot reserved for all DLC characters that gets selected the same as if choosing and selecting a Mii fighter, the DLC characters would also have a secondary character select menu.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s August Smash Direct revealed plenty of new content yesterday. Fans were expecting a character reveal, maybe even two, only to be blown away by how many got confirmed. Five newcomers were confirmed - two unique characters and three echo fighters.

The unique newcomers are King K. Rool from Donkey Kong and Simon Belmont from Castlevania. Also joining as echo fighters:

- Dark Samus (Metroid)
- Chrom (Fire Emblem)
- Richter Belmont (Castlevania)

Notably, Masahiro Sakurai said Dark Samus and Chrom were highly requested. He didn’t comment on K. Rool although it probably goes without saying the Smash Ballot had a role in his inclusion in Ultimate. Sakurai also said “we plan to reveal the design of every fighter before the game launches. We will have a few more to announce later to stay tuned,” meaning that more newcomers remains to be revealed. Who they are is left for people to speculate on.

Outside playable characters, here are what else got confirmed,

Items:

• Bomber (Kirby)
  • Banana Gun (Donkey Kong)
  • Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom (Earthbound)
  • Killing Edge (Fire Emblem)
  • Staff (Kid Icarus)
  • Death’s Scythe (Castlevania)
  • Rage Blaster (possibly an original item)

Pokeballs:

• Abra
  • Alolan Exeggutor
  • Ditto
  • Lunala
  • Marshadow
  • Mimikyu
  • Pyukumuku
  • Togedemaru
  • Vulpix

Assist Trophies:

• Klaptrap (Donkey Kong)
  • Ashley (WarioWare)
  • Moon (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Kapp’n (Animal Crossing)
  • Nikki (Mii)
  • Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid)
  • Zero (Mega Man)
  • Alucard (Castlevania)
  • Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)

There will be at least 103 stages, with Omega and Battlefield forms bringing it to 309 so far. Alongside the previously-revealed forms, it is possible to disable stage hazards. Every stage is available in eight-player matches.

Returning Stages:

• Peach’s Castle (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Kongo Jungle (Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Super Happy Tree (Yoshi, Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Rainbow Cruise (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Yoshi’s Island (Yoshi, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Brinstar Depth (Metroid, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Fountain of Dream (Kirby, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Pokémon Stadium (Pokémon, Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • Mario Bros. (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Pirate Ship (The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Summit (Ice Climber, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Hanebow (Electroplankton, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Gamer (WarioWare, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Golden Plains (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Paper Mario (Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Dream Land GB (Kirby, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Unova Pokémon League (Pokémon, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Mute City (F-Zero, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Magicant (Earthbound, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • PictoChat 2 (PictoChat, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Flat Zone X (Game & Watch, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS)
  • Windy Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Big Battlefield (Super Smash Bros.)
  • Final Destination (Super Smash Bros.)

New Stages:

• New Donk City Hall (Super Mario Bros.)
  • Dracula’s Castle (Castlevania)

Stage Bosses:

• Metal Face (Xenoblade)
  • Dracula (Castlevania)

Music:

• Roughly 900 tracks
  • Organized by series rather than stages
  • Castlevania has thirty-four audio tracks

Sakurai also mentioned plenty of new details on modes this game:

• Classic Single-Player mode returns. Each character has a unique pre-set series of opponents to fight.
  • Tournament Mode returns from Brawl with support for up to thirty-two players.
  • Squad Strike offers the option for three vs. three or five vs. five elimination battle, similar to crew battles.
  • Another new versus mode comes in the form of Smashdown. After each game, the characters used in that game are locked.
  • When entering versus mode, the option to set match rules appears before stage and character selection.
  • As in previous games, you can set who gets to pick the stage - either all players can choose stages, one player chooses at a time in a set order, or the loser of the previous game chooses the stage.
  • Training Mode adds a new stage with a grid design. After landing an attack in Training, the game shows launch distances for each attack at 0% and 100%.

Europe will be receiving this sleek bundle with the Switch, containing the game, Nintendo GameCube Controller, and the adapter. Whenever or not it comes out in the rest of the world remains to be seen.

What would you like to see out of Ultimate now that we have seen most of the game and do you think they can top E3 or yesterday's Smash Direct?
One thing you messed up on, the website has been updated with 100 of the stages in Smash

Top Bottom