• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[August 2nd, 2015] 'We Take Those': Online Smash 4 Wii U Tournament [$50 In Prizes!]

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Changed to this Sunday (28th) for 5PM est. Sorry for all the changes but that will be the definite date and time xD

Yea just realized I forgot to edit the description. It will be this Sunday, the 28th, for 5PM EST. And no I will not be competing. I'm feeling it too its gonna be a good time ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
You really couldn't answer my question in the will of D's Thread?

Vacuus

Smash Rookie
Hi! So I'm new to online tournaments. I'm wondering how I am supposed to get in the same room as the other person that I am playing against? As in, how are we supposed to find each other? I understand everything else in regards to the tournament, but the only thing that throws me off about this is how I'm going to be able to find my opponent in the tournament.

SMKM64

Smash Rookie
Hi! So I'm new to online tournaments. I'm wondering how I am supposed to get in the same room as the other person that I am playing against? As in, how are we supposed to find each other? I understand everything else in regards to the tournament, but the only thing that throws me off about this is how I'm going to be able to find my opponent in the tournament.
I'm new as well, I have only played in 1 online tournament, about 4 days ago..
So from that experience, just add your opponent's NNID when the tourney begins.
You can join http://www.twitch.tv/distantkingdom which is Jerm's twitch channel to chat to your opponent. It's not as hard as it seems, trust me xD

Vacuus

Smash Rookie
My work schedule has been changed, where I have to work on sunday now, and I won't be off until a few hours after the tournament ends. Please unregister Vacuus from the tournament list. Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, something has come up at the last minute, and I won't be able to make it for today's tourney. Please unregistered TWILT from the list. Sorry for any inconvenience.

EDIT: Just unregistered myself. Again, sorry, I'll try and make the next one though!

Last edited:

jonathanswift

Smash Rookie
NNID
HeroOfRuin77
'We Take Those' is a monthly based tournament series with cash prizes for top 2! Payouts are as follows:

1st. $35
2nd. $15

Admission is free. A PayPal account would be required to receive cash prizes.

Date: The first one will take place June 28th, 2015 @ 5PM EST.

Ruleset:
  • 2 stocks
  • 6 minutes
  • BO3
  • Customs legal
  • No items
  • No equipment
  • Gentleman's Rule- If you and your opponent both agree on something then you have the go ahead.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule-no stage that has already been played in a round may be picked for another game in the same round.
Stages:
  • Starter:
    • Final Destination/ Any Omega
    • Battlefield
    • Smashville

• Counterpick
    • Delfino Plaza
    • Halberd
    • Lylat
    • Town & City
    • Final Destination/ Any Omega
    • Battlefield
    • Smashville
    • Duckhunt

Check In/ Bracket:

Check Ins are available 2 hours before the tournament begins (3 PM EST).

Tournament Format:

Players start in Pools consisting of 6 people. The top 2 people from each pool would then advance to a Double Elimination Top Cut Bracket.

Connectivity Issues/ Disputes:

To prevent disputes you can take a picture of the result screen. In terms of poor connectivity have someone host your game. If the matches are still unplayable at that point it will have to come down to a speed test. Both players would have to submit a picture of the result of their speed test and the player with the faster connection would advance/ get the win.

Chat:

My twitch channel can be used as a form of communication.

You can also utilize this Mibbit Chat Room.

Rankings:

I will be submitting the Challonge Bracket Results into the Smashboards Ranking system which you can use to redeem for score to up your ranking!
time 2 start pls

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Shout out to Cocoven taking first followed by Winds-good showing! Till next timeeeee ; D LoZ boyzzzz

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
We Take Those 2 starting at 6PM EST! :D See you all thereeeee~

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
This will be hype!

@ Jerm Jerm Pls make the first phase a Group bracket so that losers bracket doesn't take ages?. T___T

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
This will be hype!

@ Jerm Jerm Pls make the first phase a Group bracket so that losers bracket doesn't take ages. T___T
Group bracket takes just as long my dude D: If people are slacking in losers im just going to use divine intervention ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Group bracket takes just as long my dude D: If people are slacking in losers im just going to use divine intervention ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
10 rounds tho X___________X I understand tho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom