• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North OcS Microsoft Smash4 Series - Windows SB * HAS BEEN CANCELED*

OcS Microsoft Smash4 Series - Windows SB * HAS BEEN CANCELED*
Posted by Conti
Microsoft Store Freehold Raceway Mall
Wednesday, August 9, 2017 - 04:30 PM
Until: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Conti

Smash Ace
Please RSVP! :) For Updates/Logistics - Click "Going" if you’re almost positive you will be here please, "Interested" if it's a maybe but try to confirm as "Going" when you know you are coming!
Hey, Conti from Ocean County Smash (OcS) with our new Monmouth County - Freehold location (Better for you North Jersey, New York and PA folks and still close enough for Ocean County Players to travel!)
Super Smash Bros 4 in the Microsoft Store in the Freehold Raceway Mall! They’ve started expanding their gaming community to more than just Xbox and welcome the Super Smash Bros Community to start doing events at their store. Huge opportunity to really get the general public more involved as it is a quite popular mall and some of the event will be located in their Lounge in front of the store in the mall walkway. Master Hand Gaming Stream will also be located in the store!
This is a New bi-weekly series (Occuring on Wednesdays) happening alongside a bi-weekly Melee series (On the weeks inbetween on Thursdays) as well! Come through for some fierce singles action with high level players such as Shoyo James, The Great Gonzales, SchwApple, Biddy, Tri Zoan, Corona and more!
Check out other OcS events @ Facebook.com/OceanCountySmash !
------
Tournament participation Fee - $7
Smash 4 1v1 Entry Fee - $8
Full Setup Discount: When it comes to bringing your own setup, bringing a Wii U and monitor will save you $5 off of the venue fee. Discounts given on a first come, first served basis. Come see Conti before you leave. Try to come early to setup if possible if you plan to bring a setup. A full setup includes the following:
- Wii U
- Smash for the Wii U (with all DLC available)
- Gamecube Adapter
- Gaming Monitor
------
Stream: Twitch.tv/MasterHandGaming
Brackets: smash.gg/WindowsSB2 - Coming soon!
------
SCHEDULE
------
Venue Starts at 3:30PM-ish
------
---
Smash 4 1v1: 4:30 PM
Note: Note: Registration for ALL events end 15 minutes before bracket! We are very lenient on starting times, just make sure to notify us if you’re on your way or running late! (Post on event page or let some staff know.)
------
RULESETS
------
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Ruleset
2 stock (3 stock for doubles)
6 minutes (8 minutes for doubles)
No items
Damage ratio: 1.0
Pause off is recommended
Starters: Battlefield, Final Destination*, Smashville, Town & City, Lylat Cruise
Counterpicks: Omega Stages*
All Semi-finals and Finals are Best-of-5
No Dave's Stupid Rule
No Gentleman's Clause
1 ban for winner of previous game
* Banning Final Destination bans Omega Stages and vice versa
* Omega stages consist of: Wily’s Castle and Midgar
Same rules for Customs, only Custom Moves are legal - but not required.
Set Prodecure:
1. Players select characters. Double blind pick may be initiated.
2. Players strike to starter stage in 1-2-1 fashion. Rock-Paper-Scissors, Judge Method, or Reslived's Method may be used to determine who strikes first. Game 1 is played.
3. Winner of Game 1 bans 1 stage from the full list of stages. Loser of Game 1 selects from remaining stages.
4. Winner of Game 1 switches characters if necessary.
5. Loser of Game 1 switches characters if necessary. Game 2 is played. Repeat steps 3-5 until set is completed.
------
Additional Info:
3710 US Highway 9, Freehold 07728
Times:
July 26th, 2017
If you are helping me set up, come around by 4:30PM! Thanks!
Venue ends around 9.
Payouts:
(Regular Payout)
1st Place - 60% of Entry Fees
2nd Place - 30% of Entry Fees
3rd Place - 10% of Entry Fees
32+ Entrants
1st Place - 55% of Entry Fees
2nd Place - 30% of Entry Fees
3rd Place - 10% of Entry Fees
4th Place - 5% of Entry Fees
------
Ocean County Smash Staff
OcS MHG | Kairi Conti
Master Hand Gaming Staff
MHG | ohm
MHG | SchwApple
Shoyo James
Biddy
Tri | Zoan

Gyze

Smash Rookie
I think I'll go with someone to this or a different one on Thursday.

Conti

Smash Ace
Yeah i was late on updating this, Use FB for most adverting lately and super busy.

Next event is Today 7/18, then 7/26, 8/9 and 8/21.

BugIceGuy

Smash Rookie
Also the link for registration doesn't work... how do I register for the one this week

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Hey All! We have our 2nd Last WiiU Event of the Summer Today for Windows SB at Microsoft in the Freehold Raceway Mall! RSVP, Let all your friends know and Come Thru!
We need a few more Full WiiU Setups! Please post or let me know! $5 Discount for Full Setups! Also, Message Me/James/Staff if you are running late! Thanks much for Reading and see you guys there! <3
https://www.facebook.com/events/1421833397884933

Conti

Smash Ace
*** Announcement (Bad News :[ ) ***
I regret to inform everyone that the Microsoft Smash Series has been Canceled/Shut Down. Unfortunately Microsoft's Main Corperate Office has gotten word of our SmashBros events being hosted at the Corp Store in the Mall.
They came down on the Store for hosting "Another companies game, Playing for Money and Microsofts Company 'not owning' the brand". They concluded with "Microsoft is put at legal risk by Nintendo and have to immediately end the tournaments in our store. I'm so sorry about this inconvenience but I just got word myself from our head of gaming."
The store themselves Loved us (They felt that we were one of the most pleasant and unique groups they have ever hosted for) and are rather upset/disappointed in the Company's decision but it's out of their hands. I am working on contacting Corp to attempt to appeal this but we all know the chances of that happening are quite slim.
We aren't done here yet tho guys. We bounce back even stronger every single time something like this happens. I'm not sure if I'll ever find a Venue that can contest how incredible the Microsoft Venue was. But after having a taste of a perfect location, high end spectating equiptment, all the space and attractions and food choices, I am determined to match that hype and find us someplace just as good or better! I'll try my best. It might take some time but we will find a new Home for the Ocean County Smash - OcS Series.
Thank you all so much for supporting me, this series and this community in any way you have ever have. Special thanks to Microsoft's Coordinators Ray and Jennifer Rose for giving us such an amazing opportunity in the first place and helping give us the Hypest Summer of Smash to date. We really appreciated it and hope that one day maybe we can team up again. Otherwise the memories will always be there (Thank God for mad FB VoDs and stream VoDs).
I'll keep you all posted but as of now I have no plans on a temporary location or backup venue for the last 2 events I had planned. I'll let you all know as soon as I figure things out! So my events are Mia for now, check out all the other scenes and Venues in the meantime and just keep an eye out for my next big move.
Thanks much for Reading and Understanding!
<3 Conti

Top Bottom