• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AUG. 4TH KANSAS CITY, MO: EVENT-52//Come play darkrain! :)

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
One hell of a tournament. I saw alotta Wichita peoples, most i didn't get any matches with cause me and Arion left early. We had to go grab some Chinese before we ceased to exist. I didn't enter into singles cause I had just got off work and came to the tournament. I regret it though but I had lots of fun with casuals none the less.PS~ Jesi and Dark, thanks for hosting this.DYC, thanks for showing me and Arion the way, otherwise we would have been cooked by the sun trying to find the place xDJosh, Your Y Link is mine next time we meet.PHat, you have escaped me this time, but next time you wont be so lucky... MUHUHAHAHAHAHA!

Btw~ Y Link is the best character in the game, that is all ^_^;

dan smith

Smash Champion
Here's a rough run down of the single results.

Darky won.
Echo got second.
Phat third I'm pretty sure.
Dmac fourth?

EDIT: I've been informed that Dmac didn't get fourth, some other chump stole it from him.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i had fun. also, i got 5th in teams, too :\
but i get no love.

shout out to nopants for housing me.
also to darkrain, not for owning me hardcore, but for making me a theme song.

fun times to all i played, everyone there was pretty cool.

edit: insert **** talk to DYC

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
DYC was definitely 4th. Z and I think Zigzag were 5th, Dmac and someone else prolly the Fox player 7th, and Me, Smeesh, and 2 other people ninth, that's as far as I know.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I had a lot of fun with everyone I played. I think the drive from OK was worth it :]. Thanks for hosting this tourney, and thanks for at least playing me in two matches darkrain lol.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Thread title wasn't kidding; I definitely got to play a lot of Darkrain. I'm sure that kicking my @$$ got boring after a while, but thanks anyway for all those matches on Friday.

Jesi: I know Smash can be frustrating, even demoralizing at times, but I hate to see anyone pay $15 to enter a tournament and not even try. Again, thanks for having us on Friday; your kittens are too good.

Young Link, Mario, Pikachu, Link, and Game & Watch in one pool is too awesome for words.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I had a great time! Thanks for hosting, KC!

Thanks to whoever was recording those 43857398 matches of me. I hope to see those soon.

Too bad N64 could be there...there just werent enough pikachu players, I think...

darkrain

Smash Ace
FULL RESULTS:

Singles

1: darkrain
2: Echo
3: Phatgamer
4: DYC
5: Deku
5: Z
7: zig-zag
7: dmac
9: smeesh
9: Fred
9: HazyGoose
9: King Jack
13: Lexi
13: SmoothOne
13: Scud
13: John
17: Jesi
17: Attackstorm
17: A2
17: niraku
17: Raymond
17: dan smith
17: Cups
17: Sinth
25: sam
25: west
25: noPants
25: ORANGE
25: Lite
25: seks
25: SP
25: archivezero

Doubles

1: Smeesh & Echo
2: dyc & phat
3: darkrain & dmac
4: Lixi & Deku
5: Scud & HazyGoose
5: Jesi & Z
7: John & Massive
7: Sam & Zig
9: SmoothOne & Nick
9: A2 & Wulf (Fred)
9: noPants & Attackstorm
9: DL & Dan Smith
13: Josh & Raymond
13: Mo & Seks
13: Orange & Mega
13: Zinth & Arion
17: trey & mone

Despite starting almost 2 hours late the tourney was a complete success. Thanks to everyone who came out and made this a great tournament. We had 40 entrants for singles and 17 teams. We will probably host another one sometime in the future. The venue was really good and suits a smash tourney perfectly. Thank Cups for hooking us up. Good times meeting everyone and seeing some familiar faces. Keep an eye out for the next E-52.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Cool tournament, it was run very smoothly compared to the other tournaments I've been to (meaning the tournaments we've had in OK, lawlz). Only probably was that my bracket sucked cause I had to play Hazy round one and then Echo two rounds later, but hey, no johns. Also, I never got to play Darkrain :( Overall though, it was a really well-run tournament, and the pools added a lot of extra games, which was cool.

Props to:
-Scud and Hazy for taking me.
-Nopants for housing me.
-Jesi for hosting this.
-Darkrain, just because it's mandatory for all of us to kiss his ***.
-Echo, for being encouraging.
-The rest of Wichita, for being like pencils in a cup.

Hope you have more tournaments, maybe I can get some of the rest of OK up there. And it's "Zinth", not "Sinth" :laugh:

Also, I recorded the teams and singles grand finals, so I'll have those up once I clear off some space from my hard drive and can import them for editting.

Echo

Smash Champion
wow... Dark really tore me apart lol... good ish though, was great seeing all the KS/MO folk again. Thanks alot for havin us over, phat, it was too fun. I didn't get to play with as many people as I would of liked to: A2, the wichita people, Oklahoma, Deku, Zig, Smooth, and everyone else, but thats my own fault, and I apoligize. Next time you see me, make sure to kick me and make me play. it all just went by so fast from starting pools to the time the singles ended, so i never got to do any friendlies.

im sure i'll see everyone real soon though, dont if i'll make st. louis or not, but if i cant i'll definetly be there next time.
thanks alot for the tourney cups/dark/jesi... i had a blast, hope the next ones not toooo far away!

edit - thanks for recording, zinth, they'll be fun to watch! wish you would have recorded the ones i did alot better in though ;) lol jk <3

Jace08

Smash Lord
Dang... I missed that entire tournament. Been busy but it's my own fault, I need to check these forums more often.

I live pretty close to where it was held, so I'll definitely be there next time you schedule it. I have no idea how well I'd do, seeing as I've never played any real smashers like you all before. But I'm anxious to find out.

A 2

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll do some form of shout outs...

Darkrain - Thanks for playing me in friendlies on friday, destroying me in pools, and owning my team in doubles play grats on the singles win.

Echo - Nah man it was ok, I watched you play a ton...it just amazes me how fast your peach is.

Deku - You did great in singles and doubles, I definitely think your the best that st louis has regardless of what geno says about toga.

Lixi - I really didn't get to play you much over the weekend but you are soo good with goofy characters...I have to scrub it up with peach/sheik to do any good at these things.

Smeesh/Hazy - I only played you guys in pools and you both creamed me with marth...I really hate marth.

Massive - You left without saying goodbye, I guess you got out of there after you didn't make it out of the pools we had a great pool set...you can get revenge when we meet up back at rolla.

Smooth - Your falcon keeps getting better, my sheik was sucking it up hardcore against it hope to play you again soon.

Seks - I feel like you should have won our set that...last falcon match you didn't seem to get one good knee off of me.

Fred - You suck...you did better than me, thanks for driving though.

Wario - Your Samus is quite playable but I really think you should use all of your possible characters and counter pick instead of going only one character all day, our friendlies were great.

Ray - From what I hear you have gotten a lot better...your Pikachu is really nice, team linkachu ftw.

Jesi, Cups, and all that organized the tourney thanks a ton and I will def come to the next event-52.

-A2

D

Deleted member

yea this was my first tourny, and i have to say that it was really really fun, a lot off ppl that helped improve my game, and Echo 3 stocking my roy with fox >_<

too bad i was freaking out the whole time O_o, i could barely put a dollar in the soda machine -_-"

oh and btw u mispelled my name :'(

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Ahhh this was kind of a disappointing trip for me, I felt I shoulda placed higher but the main things that dragged me down were going 0-2 in doubles and the stupid tire going flat from who knows what. Phat's mom was extremely helpful with everything though so I had to give her a hug at the end when we left lol.

Jesi has kittens and we weren't invited over? So disappointing...

D

Deleted member

yea i definitly thought i wouldnt of placed 25th -_-"

but idc it was fun and i learned how good ppl can be, ill do better next time :D

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
here it goes...

Dark- still never got a single singles match with you but it was amazing watching you play again, thanks for having us Friday.

DYC- Thanks for not being a **** to me when I lost to you :)

Massive- You weren't even there to see me get 9th!

Wario- You rawk at a ton of characters. I now hate Samus (especially up-B)

Smooth- good to see ya agian, nice Falcon

Scud- Those pool matches were insane, I loved it. Hope to play you again some day.

Zig- Thanks for making me look bad on video! At least now you'll be famous.

A2- ummm, your Peach>Shiek. Have more faith in her.

Deku- I think on the car ride home you convinced me that Puff is for, well, I won't post it here, but you know what I mean.

Lixi- lol lexi

Foxx- oh wait you gave up SSBM to play Neopets. That's cool...

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
thanks for hosting this tourny, it was real fun, it was good seeing old faces again and i cant wait for the next one i am able to make it to.

Massive

Smash Champion
Great tournement, hope we do it again soon.

Even though I didn't make it out of the pools, I take solace in the fact that A2's justice will come very painfully when I get back to Rolla.

WarioWario

Smash Rookie
videos

Hey Hey Hey!

I'm uploading videos as I type, so check the friendlies and the tourny threads often for updates. You can get loads of the "world famous" ZigZag and "the best in the midwest" Deku.

Sadly, I didn't get any darkrain, smeesh, or echo vids. I saw some other cameras recording, so if anyone has links to those vids post'em!

Thanks much

-Fatty out

Omega_Star

Smash Lord

Echo

Smash Champion
thanks for the vids, zinth!!! :D

oh and thanks for yours too, wario... i didnt know you taped that set of us playing! lol oh well it was fun to watch.

Top Bottom