• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AUG. 4TH KANSAS CITY, MO: EVENT-52//Come play darkrain! :)

Jesi

Smash Ace
EVENT 52!!!

It's been quite a while since Kansas City has seen a nice sized tournament so we're hoping to draw in quite a few people and hopefully some out-of-staters will come. You will get a chance to play some of the Kansas city's toughest most competitive smashers and even a chance to play one of the Midwest's regional best: darkrain ;) hehe!

Here's the details:

(5100 Rockhill Road)

Cherry Street Dorms
5030 Cherry Street
Kansas City, Mo 64110

Date: August 4th, 2007 (a Saturday)

Time:
Registration beings at 10am
Tournament starts PROMPTLY at 11am
Ends (whenever we finish)

Tournament:
Singles: $15
Doubles: $20 a team ($10 a person)

Rules:
MLG Standard for those of us veterans, for everyone else:

Bring your own controller we do not have controllers available for you.
No Items
4 stock
Best of 3 (Finals best of 5)
8 min. time limit
Double elimination
Ties broken by lives/percentage

There are 6 random select/neutral stages:
Battle Field
Fountain of Dreams (Banned in teams due to lag)
Kirby Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story

Available Counter Picks:
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Mute City (Banned in teams due to lag)
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle
Green Greens
Mushroom Kingdom II

Banned Stages:
Venom
Big Blue
Flatzone
Icicle Mountain
Hyrule Temple
Termina
Brinstar Depths
Yoshi's island 64
Fourside
Princess Peach's castle
Yoshi's Island
Mushroom Kingdom I
Onett
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prizes: %60, %30, %10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It would be very very helpful if people would bring setups to the venue if at all possible :)

and

If anyone plans on attending from out of state and needs housing there are plenty of local smashers who can give housing for a night. Otherwise, just post if you need housing the night before and people will respond to you.

However, "rooms will be available for renting at about 20 bucks a night, and the rooms are IN THE DORM, so you won't required to drive anywhere to the venue. There are plenty of places to eat, not to mention the school cafeteria which staff members will desperately be TRYING to give meals away to. There is a massive parking structure that is free on weekends right next to us, so parking won't be an issue, and there are plenty of fun things to do in Kansas City if you are wanting to journey around. If staying in the dorms isn't your thing, plenty of hotels and motels ranging from 35 dollars a night to thousands of dollars a night within about 2 miles of the venue so all needs will be met for the venue." -Cups

"The tournament will be held in the basement of the Cherry Street Dorm which can easily fit hundreds of people and has many outlets that can hold numerous setups and televisions, so space will not be an issue, not to mention other rooms in the basement that can still hold hundreds and has many plugs." -Cups

If you have any immediate questions or concerns: 913 5225767 or 816 7264901 but posting will probably get you more answers lol As we work a lot and can't always pick up the phone. :p

Hope to see you all here come Saturday! :D

-Jesi

PLEASE BRING SETUPS TO THE VENUE IF YOU CAN :)

Cups

Smash Ace
Oh my God like for real Coops is gonna **** that Darkwain character somethin fierce, my Ted Nugent is epic.

Echo

Smash Champion
yessss you know we'll be there. and by we, I mean that me and smeesh will for sure... but i'm certain we could get a carfull there.

housing would be nice, but we might not need it... I do wanna hit up Worlds of Fun :p

good date though, not too soon not too far. can't wait :)

Light

Smash Journeyman
turn. off. my. ro. bo. tic. brain
all. my. thoughts. are. all the same
all insane

25% chance that I will show.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Me and Andy conferred about the name of the tourney, and decided that we're actually on about event-55. But I believe we should put a some kind of mineral name on it or a color system!

Cups

Smash Ace
Hey I am Cups and I am a Staff Member at the Cherry Street Dorm, the place where it will be held:

If any of you need directions, here is the actual location of the dorm:
5030 Cherry Street
Kansas City, Mo 64110

Rooms will be available for renting at about 20 bucks a night, and the rooms are IN THE DORM, so you won't required to drive anywhere to the venue. There are plenty of places to eat, not to mention the school cafeteria which staff members will desperately be TRYING to give meals away to. There is a massive parking structure that is free on weekends right next to us, so parking won't be an issue, and there are plenty of fun things to do in Kansas City if you are wanting to journey around. If staying in the dorms isn't your thing, plenty of hotels and motels ranging from 35 dollars a night to thousands of dollars a night within about 2 miles of the venue so all needs will be met for the venue.

The tournament will be held in the basement of the Cherry Street Dorm which can easily fit hundreds of people and has many outlets that can hold numerous setups and televisions, so space will not be an issue, not to mention other rooms in the basement that can still hold hundreds and has many plugs.

It should be a good tournament and good competition from the midwest will be there, not to mention Darkrain, DYC, Dmac, N64, Phatgamer, Z (chump), Jesi, and the legendary Cups (Coops for you KC/Lawrence people). We already have confirmation from Nebraska, and I assume STL and Illinois will probably be there. If you have any questions about the venue, living conditions, how to request rooms, or anything about KC in general, PM me. About anything else (registering, setups, rules, etc.) , either call or PM SilentJupiter (Jesi) or Dmac, or Darkrain.

Let's play some Smeesh Bros.!

Jesi

Smash Ace
Thanks cups! :D I was wondering but couldn't find it listed on UMKC's site :p

I will call Charlene (?) tomorrow to confirm everything. I'm also already halfway done w/ a flyer :) I think i'll post this in tournament discussion too.

Correction, all the way done? Anyone have any suggestions?

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Ill see who all can go from STL, hopefully Zig will be back by then.
Im prolly gonna get fired from both my jobs if I keep asking off for these.... oh well
BTW Echo, best avatar EVER!! Geno=Huge Zero fan. :)

Echo

Smash Champion
doesnt matter who you team with me and devon will poop in teams :colorful:

wtf Tink if you come 5$ MM :)

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
So, I really need to know if this venue is wheelchair accessible. Someone let me know please. If not is there any way I can avoid stairs?

Jesi

Smash Ace
i can't let you know cause Nick is the only one that knows lol. its' a dorm so i assume it may be? however it's in the basement and there are stairs leading to the basement. They may have an elevator tho... i'll talk to nick about it :)

oblivion249

Smash Rookie
Hey u can count on me and 1 of my friends being there oh and i am an out of state person its a six hour drive but im sure it will be worth it.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hey KC. Well I'm back a little sooner than I expected, which of course means I'm going to miss OC3 as well.

But hopefully I'll be able to make it to this. I'll need a teammate though if anybody wants to team.

Jesi

Smash Ace
and for anybody who might need to know... <.< the place is wheelchair accessible hehe

SamDvds

Smash Ace
YaY cant wait for this!! 3 things...
1. Jesi who are u teaming with? so i know if i have to find a team mate b4 the 4th.
2. IF zig n andy both go to this...how bout a STL vs KC crew battle?
3. all you KC/ Lawrence ppl better get off work the following weekend for the st louis midwest circuit tourney.

Jesi

Smash Ace
when is oh snap i kinda wanted the oklahoma kids to see this..hope its not the same weekend...woops lol.

and as for getting off 2 weekends in a row? uhh.... that's a HUGE maybe. lol

Top Bottom