• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Woodlands Weeklies

Woodlands Weeklies
Posted by StoneWatcher
Woodlands Community Church
Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 05:00 PM
Until: Thursday, September 1, 2016 - 12:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

StoneWatcher

Smash Rookie

A new weekly is on the scene! The Woodlands Weeklies series takes place Wednesdays at the Woodlands Community Church in Homewood, IL. Many of the Chicagoland weeklies are too long of a drive for some of us farther south of Chicago. These weeklies are also great for any North-West Indiana players that want to join! I regularly post the Facebook event page to the Chicagoland Melee and NW Indiana Melee & PM Facebook groups.

Hope to see everyone there!

Facebook group
Past brackets
Twitch stream

The tourney is held at the Woodlands Community Church at the corner of Governors Hwy and 183rd St. A venue with plenty of space to accommodate growth—conveniently located across the street from a strip mall with a Walgreens, Subway, Panera Bread, Pop's, Starbucks, and more! Enter through the North entrance and walk straight ahead, down the stairs.

Schedule
4:30 PM - Setup/Signups/Friendlies
5:00 PM - PM singles (bi-weekly: every first and third Wednesday of the month)
6:30 PM - Melee singles

Fees
$2 Venue fee*
$3 Entry for PM singles
$3 Entry for Melee singles
* Venue fee is waived if you bring a setup.

Payouts
1-15 entrants = 70/20/10
16-25 entrants = 60/25/15
26+ entrants = 50/30/15/5

mysteryfish

Smash Rookie
Hey man, I just noticed this and was wondering if I should go. I was wondering how many people went and what the money payout was

StoneWatcher

Smash Rookie
Hey mysteryfish, sorry I didn't see your post. As of right now, we usually have about ~7 people, with our highest turnout being 12. The payouts are 60/30/10 (rounded to the nearest dollar to make things easier).

Last edited:

mysteryfish

Smash Rookie
Alright thanks for the info. I guess it could be good practice, so I'll go to this week's tourney and see how it is

Stig

Smash Rookie
Four others and I live 20 miles away and would love to start coming to these. Would you do a doubles tourney if there was more people going?

StoneWatcher

Smash Rookie
Absolutely! I'll probably try to run doubles before the singles event. Looking forward to seeing y'all next week!

Synatra

Smash Rookie
im away at college, but if you keep running these i should be able to attend these weeklies over breaks.

PotatoLunar

Smash Rookie
Is it cool if we get there at around 5:30? Had a bit of ride trouble at first, but can still come.

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
thinking about dropping by this wednesday since this is half as far as most other IL events. would there be any interest in friendlies if I brought a 64 emulator setup or a wii u?

StoneWatcher

Smash Rookie
Hey all. This coming Wednesday (May 18th), there will be NO tournament. We are taking a week off for finals. We will be back on the 25th with our regular schedule.

Thanks!

StoneWatcher

Smash Rookie
This is shaping up to be a great summer for smash everyone. We've officially added a PM singles bracket! The PM bracket will be run by Deus Ex Jinora at 5 PM with $3 entry. If you're a PM-head, come by!

StoneWatcher

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, just a few things to announce.

PM brackets are now on a bi-weekly schedule. There will be PM on the first and third Wednesday of each month from now on, instead of every week. Today there is no PM.

In addition, there will be no tournament on August 10th. We'll be back the week after that.

StoneWatcher

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I have a fairly big announcement to make regarding the weeklies.

Unfortunately, the Woodlands Weeklies tournament series will soon be coming to a close. This upcoming fall semester I will have a lot more on my plate and will not be able to run the weeklies anymore. Even just one day out of the week to run the tourneys will be too much. In addition, I've been uncomfortable with not being able to invest time into the weeklies (advertising, working on the stream, etc) outside of the tourneys themselves–something which I haven't been able to do while in school (even during summer classes).

This of course is bittersweet. I've had lots of fun hosting and playing with you all. I will still try to make it out to other tournaments every once in a while and hope to see you guys there, if you manage to find another weekly as your home. I'll also definitely be going to Big House and hope to see y'all there as well.

August 31st will be our last tourney. Next week (the 10th) we are off. Afterward there will be 3 more tourneys. I'll try to make the last one special in some way. If you haven't come in a while, please try to make it out one last time.

Thanks so much everyone. I'll see ya 'round!

Top Bottom