• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Smash @ the Mountain 3

Smash @ the Mountain 3
Posted by Justinian
Open Play Gaming Center
Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 04:00 PM
Until: Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 12:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
This is the third installment of a tournament series in Kennesaw, Georgia. Starting in August, we plan to make this a monthly. The venue can comfortably accommodate over 60 people. It also has 10of its own televisions, meaning that players who bring their setups do not need to worry about monitors. Pizza and sandwiches are readily available within 1000 feet of the venue, and snacks as well as free wifi will be provided.

This tournament will feature both singles and doubles, a redemption bracket*, and a larger pot than any other regular tournaments in Georgia.

Feel free to also check out the event's Facebook page here. Share it with your friends!

GENERAL INFO:

Registration will end at 5:30. Smash 4 doubles bracket will start at 5:30pm. Singles will start at 7:15 or when doubles is completed. Redemption bracket will start at 8:30pm*. A dedicated setup for other fighting games including BlazBlue and Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be provided. FIRST TWO TO BRING A FULL SETUP (console, adapter, and Sm4sh disc, monitor not required) WILL GET THEIR VENUE FEE WAIVED. Food, snacks and wifi will be provided by the venue!

$5 venue fee
$6 entry fee per tournament
Food and snacks sold separately (No outside food or drinks allowed)

*Those who go 0-2 singles bracket can enter the Redemption Bracket for $2 to play more matches and have another chance at winning a pot.

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10. Redemption bracket is winner take all.

RULES:

General
2 Stock / 3 for doubles
6 Minute / 8 for doubles
Double Elimination

All sets will be Bo3, except Winners' Finals, Losers' Finals, and Grand Finals, which will be Bo5.

Miis are allowed all their special moves and standard sizes (guest Miis only).

Sudden death will not be played. If a timeout occurs, the winner is the player with the most stocks, followed by lowest percent. In the event of a complete tie, a one stock, three minute match will be played to determine the results of the game. In the event of a simultaneous last-stock KO, the initiator wins.

Any and all infinites must end before the recipient reaches 300%, otherwise the initiator will lose the game.

All controllers are allowed. However, if a player's controller interferes with the bracket, TOs reserve the right to issue warnings, and, subsequently, disqualifications.

Should one player pause the game mid-match, that player must forfeit their current stock. This rule can be waived with a gentleman's agreement.

Players can call a TO to their station to enforce a blind character pick game 1. The winner of a game picks their character first, after the stage has been determined.

Stages:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Town & City
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt (Counterpick)
Dreamland (Counterpick)
Omega Stages (Counterpick)

Standard 1-2-1 striking process, winner of a game gets two bans. If Final Destination is banned, so are Omegas. Players cannot select the last stage they won on, and players can gentleman to wherever they like.

ThatGuyJun

Smash Rookie
I played smash for a long time and have never played in a legitimate tournament. I'm definitely interested in participating

also would like to know how many people are going as well

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
How many folks do you think will be there?
I played smash for a long time and have never played in a legitimate tournament. I'm definitely interested in participating

also would like to know how many people are going as well
Sorry for responding so late, guys. We expect roughly 30 attendees, though we can and have accommodated more than that in the past.

Swevester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swevester
Nice, I know where this is. I need to go out there and start some tournament life. I'll try to get a few of my friends to come along as well.

Edit: You may have a larger audience than just me, after all. However I'm curious: this isn't Smash related, but which of the BlazBlue games will be there?

Last edited:

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Nice, I know where this is. I need to go out there and start some tournament life. I'll try to get a few of my friends to come along as well.

Edit: You may have a larger audience than just me, after all. However I'm curious: this isn't Smash related, but which of the BlazBlue games will be there?
Chronophantasma. That's dependent on a certain TO showing up though.

Patat

Smash Rookie
I'm Super excited about this tournament. Thank you for putting it on

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Event description updated!

Patch notes:

+ Number of TVs at venue corrected 8 -> 10
+ Link to event Facebook page added
- Due to a conflict with the venue, all events moved back 30 minutes
- Doors now open at 4:30
+ Registration end time 5:00 -> 5:30
-
Doubles bracket start time 5:00 -> 5:30
-
Singles bracket start time 6:45 -> 7:15
-
Redemption bracket start time 8:00 -> 8:30

Last edited:

JWai

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKMNTrainerJBA
3DS FC
2079-9197-0430
I would love to go but I don't have a ride currently.

You said after this would become a monthly? I would definitely be able to go in September or October

Last edited:

blootannery

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3826-1701
I would love to go but I don't have a ride currently.

You said after this would become a monthly? I would definitely be able to go in September or October
If you have any money, you should consider using Uber or Lyft!

blootannery

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3826-1701
I had fun, but I thoroughly had my rear end handed to me. I'll definitely go next time :)

Last edited:

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Thanks for coming out this past weekend, folks! We ended up having a turnout of 38 for singles and 10 teams for doubles. The stream was pretty hype too (you can find the archive at twitch.tv/typohousegames and eventually the matches will be uploaded to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjI60POez1Z6M9XhTdJ7XlQ, so look out for that).

We'll see you guys next time, either sometime in September or October, to be determined. I'm also gonna make a big results thread for this and every past and future Smash @ the Mountain over in the Rankings and Results forum soon.

I had fun, but I thoroughly had my rear end handed to me. I'll definitely go next time :)
Heh, glad you liked it ;)

blootannery

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3826-1701
Thanks for coming out this past weekend, folks! We ended up having a turnout of 38 for singles and 10 teams for doubles. The stream was pretty hype too (you can find the archive at twitch.tv/typohousegames and eventually the matches will be uploaded to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjI60POez1Z6M9XhTdJ7XlQ, so look out for that).

We'll see you guys next time, either sometime in September or October, to be determined. I'm also gonna make a big results thread for this and every past and future Smash @ the Mountain over in the Rankings and Results forum soon.

Heh, glad you liked it ;)
Aye. I still need my redemption redemption

baolong902

Smash Rookie
Hey Im new to Georgia and am interested in starting tournament play so i might be at the next tourny

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Hey Im new to Georgia and am interested in starting tournament play so i might be at the next tourny
Awesome! The team and I are actually planning Smash @ the Mountain 4 as we speak, and we're gonna try to announce it within the week. Watch out for the thread on this forum! In the meantime, go here (the Georgia Smash 4 Facebook group) to check out this and other tournaments in Georgia if you haven't already!

As an aside, the Results Superthread for the whole series has been finished and posted to the Rankings and Results forum! Check it out.

Last edited:

Tridon

Smash Rookie
Edit: RIP, posted a comment in a 2016 thread. My bad. Don't know how to delete so just disregard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom