• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 22, 2015] EXPosure 22 (Oak Park, IL)

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Oro drives an hour away almost every Wednesday. My drive is roughly 40 mins.

No johns, kid.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I drive about 50-60 minutes over to EXP Gaming every week. I haven't missed a Smash 101 since I started in January and I've only missed two Wavedash Wednesdays.
You can justify it by wanting to get good at Smash.
Well, I'm a freshman in college and I don't have my license yet, so I rely on carpools to get there. If I do get my license, I'll be able to drive myself there and come a lot more frequently. It's just too much to rely on carpools to get there on Wednesday nights and back.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Where do you live? I'm sure someone is close by that wouldn't mind giving you a ride

And yeah, I drive about 40 minutes to EXP too, it's worth it.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Where do you live? I'm sure someone is close by that wouldn't mind giving you a ride

And yeah, I drive about 40 minutes to EXP too, it's worth it.
I live in Deerfield. IDK if there's anyone near me that would be willing to pick me up though.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I heard there was a guy who drove 4 hours one way to EXP yesterday. Is that true?
Poor *******.

@Luigiguithingwhatver

Theres a few guys that live in northbrook that come to EXP regularly. IRS being one of them.

I, myself, live in Wheeling.

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
I wish I could have made it this time. Been feeling really good about PM recently, maybe I could have made it out of pools. I can't wait to see you guys at UFGT!

B.W.

Smash Champion
My drive is also about 45 mins. I also don't have my own car, so I can understand that part. Still I manage to get to WDW so long as I don't have to work that day.

There's got to be someone around your area that you could get a ride from.

Join the Chicago-land Melee group on Facebook, if you haven't already, and ask if someone on there can help you out. There are a lot more people on there than on Smashboards.

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
Aw yeah we got a new T.Link player in the world.

I'd still play that character but for some reason I can't AGT bomb jump consistently. For real I've practiced for like a week before WDW and I still struggle to do it in a match. I do it just fine when I'm throwing the bomb to the side or down though, I have no idea why I can't do it upward.

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Aw yeah we got a new T.Link player in the world.

I'd still play that character but for some reason I can't AGT bomb jump consistently. For real I've practiced for like a week before WDW and I still struggle to do it in a match. I do it just fine when I'm throwing the bomb to the side or down though, I have no idea why I can't do it upward.
It's exactly like Link. AGT throw it up, but as soon as you do that, up b infront of the bomb and try to glide backwards into it. Sounds weird, but it works. You could always just ask or look around on smashboards. Someone is guaranteed to know a trick to make it seem easier. I'm sure you knew that though dude.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I mean. I know HOW to do it. But my fingers are too stupid to do it.

Like I can AGT when I throw my bomb left, right or down, and when I manage to throw it upward I can bomb jump just fine. It's literally the AGT part of it. Couldn't tell you what the reason is when the timing for going it upward is the same for doing it to the sides or down.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Just keep practicing. Try it in competitive. All I noticed is that I can't stop doing bomb tricks man. Even if I go for something completely unnecessary. I want to start using Double and Triple Bomb Punts more often(if I have time for the set up of course). When you play Link or Tink, you NEED to know how to manage your gear.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yeah but I play OIimar now anyway. If I stop playing Olimar who else is going to do it?

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
There's a good number of characters on the roster that aren't mained. Props to you for maining Olimar. There's tons of variety though if you ever did consider switching of course.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Yo boi Shion has a sick Olimar.

I'll keep the captain alive. Might use him for this week's WDW if I'm feeling froggy.

HypaSonic

Final Smasher
It's hard for me to justify driving 45 minutes to a Wednesday night tournament and back, so I don't think I'll be going to a WDW anytime soon. Maybe at the next EXPosure or another weekend tourney!

Also, a shoutout to @ HypaSonic HypaSonic for the awesome team battles and friendlies. I hope we can play each other again!
Thanks man! Likewise! :) Hopefully i can come more often to the lounge. With my schedule and all.

Last edited:

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
It's hard for me to justify driving 45 minutes to a Wednesday night tournament and back, so I don't think I'll be going to a WDW anytime soon. Maybe at the next EXPosure or another weekend tourney!
I make the 45 minute drive every wednesday, and I have school the next day :)

It's a really good time, and it's more relaxed than the monthly events since there are less people there normally.

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Dude did say he doesn't have his license yet. I know I couldn't go to anything until I got my own car.

But good stuff to everyone at the tournament, was a great experience as always. Seems like you have to be wary of everyone you play since there are so many hidden bosses in the region.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
I heard there was a guy who drove 4 hours one way to EXP yesterday. Is that true?
Yeah, that's me. It was about 3 hours and 45 minutes one way for the trip. I left the venue about 10:30 or 10:45pm and got home at 2:30am. It's a pretty standard drive for me, as I'm pretty much in the middle of no where, with no close scenes. I used to do it all the time, but "retired" about 3 years ago, and am starting to play again. Pretty used to it, either way :)

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
We peaked at about 40 flat the day we came back from the Xanadu Crew battle.

Normally we hit low to mid 30's.

Big cold front coming in form the west with some heavy showers...

Last edited:

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
i know what u guys mean.its a rough life.it takes me about 10 mins to drive there if there is traffic.and sometimes i have to walk and it takes me 25 mins to get there.sometimes i think i just wont be able to make the trip this time but then i PERSEVERE! if i can do it then you guys can do it...also did i mention it only takes 15 mins if i take the bus.and thats a whopping 1.75...hurts my wallet everytime.lol

Top Bottom