• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 22, 2015] EXPosure 22 (Oak Park, IL)

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think doubles should just be on that wednesday again. But that would probably only benefit me LOL

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Could someone please explain to me how pools work? I'm assuming its just separate groups of players playing 1v1 matches and players swapping in and out of games.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Could someone please explain to me how pools work? I'm assuming its just separate groups of players playing 1v1 matches and players swapping in and out of games.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Pretty much. Those who don't make it out of pools don't make it into bracket.

Think of pools as a 'mini bracket' that determines if you'll be in the actual bracket.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Is it just set up like this? Two people randomly from a pool play each other. The loser then swaps with another player in the pool. Basically I'm just asking is it simple like winner stays? Or is it determined by wins? Or what??

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Is it just set up like this? Two people randomly from a pool play each other. The loser then swaps with another player in the pool. Basically I'm just asking is it simple like winner stays? Or is it determined by wins? Or what??
Here's a scenario: There are 6 pools, each with about 6 people in them. There will be an area designated for your pool number with around 1-2 set ups. A person of the 6 would be in charge of keeping track of records for wins and loses during the pool matches (Usually on a sheet of paper). Everyone plays each other in their pool once. The top two players with the best results advance forward.

So basically. It doesn't matter who plays first, if the winner stays to play another match, etc. Everyone plays each other once (from their pools). It's determined by wins.

Last edited:

SwagTrain

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Adding onto Knubs - sometimes players play their matches randomly, other times players (like me) like to burn through all of them at once so I can go socialize and relax if I make it into bracket. Sometimes winner stays, sometimes loser stays. There's no set format.

Shrug

Smash Cadet
I have a capture card and a laptop with the appropriate software. If I bring my own setup, is there any problem with me recording matches?

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Wait is this bracket pools?
From when I talked to Bobby he said bracket pools top 4 advance.
Atm it is bracket pools.

Assume 64 entrants for PM.
That's 8 pools of 8. If we did Round Robin that would be 28 sets per pool... If Double Elim that's 13 sets per pool which is much faster.
Round Robin could be done if we did 16 pools of 4 with top 2 making it to bracket but I assume people would prefer larger pools.

Last edited:

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
I have a capture card and a laptop with the appropriate software. If I bring my own setup, is there any problem with me recording matches?
I don't think so, you might wanna clear it with Bobby first, but there are generally a couple of setups that are recording.

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
Do you know if its okay to leave it in a room without my attention?
I would be very surprised if anything happened to your recording setup whilst you weren't looking. I know other people have recording setups on a particular TV and they can't always look after it, and I haven't heard any them having any issues. Obviously you should do so at your own risk, and EXP etc. isn't accountable for what happens, but I think you should be okay.

You can ask people who do bring their recording setups though, they might be able to give you more specific information. DLA for example I'm pretty sure brings a recording setup every now and again.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I know there have been a few stories of things getting stolen in the Smash community, but in my 6 years going to tournaments, I've never once had anything stolen from me. And lord knows the potential thieves had opportunities.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Friendlies are allowed as long as you aren't using a setup needed for tournament, which at some times, means no friendlies

But more often than not, friendlies are allowed

B.W.

Smash Champion
I didn't mention this but if I manage to go on Doubles day and JBrock is there and wants to team with me again I'll enter.

B.W.

Smash Champion
So I have to miss WDW this week, but I lucked out and somehow was given Saturday off. So I WILL see you guys at Exposure.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Awesome!!! Also, I may enter Melee Doubles if I can find a partner in time

We should add the EXPosure Logo for the PM stream set up and/or all other PM set ups so we can look even more legit! EXP hype! :)

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Awesome!!! Also, I may enter Melee Doubles if I can find a partner in time

We should add the EXPosure Logo for the PM stream set up and/or all other PM set ups so we can look even more legit! EXP hype! :)
If someone would be willing to add the background portrait to the SJS CSS I currently have I'd be down to use my SD for a setup. That's a great idea Harry. Simple yet effective.

Top Bottom