• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 22, 2015] EXPosure 22 (Oak Park, IL)

B.W.

Smash Champion
This was all sorts of fun thanks for hosting Bobby.

Amateur bracket was an awesome idea but seemed like a pain for you guys. I hope it can happen again but perhaps it'll just be easier to have a designated friendlies area or something

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
This was all sorts of fun thanks for hosting Bobby.

Amateur bracket was an awesome idea but seemed like a pain for you guys. I hope it can happen again but perhaps it'll just be easier to have a designated friendlies area or something
I loved the idea and was assuming I'd make it into the Amateur bracket, unfortunately I actually managed to get into the Pro bracket and got 2-0'ed both sets. First by 5-1 and then by Jwu, but hell, they were both fantastic guys and super nice, so I didn't mind too much anyways. I was actually put into the Bottom 8 Crews because of that I believe, but unfortunately didn't end up staying that long because of a killer headache that developed halfway through (part of why I bought so many Mountain Dews if anyone saw me drinking/buying them, haha) but would've loved them if I did stay for it. Also, once again unfortunately I was unable to make it out today due to ****ty weather conditions and my mom not wanting to drive me, because I'm a dumb kid and have no license :p Regardless, had a ton of fun when I was there and am totally looking forward to next month!

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
^ Yo, chicagoland smash is dabess <3 Glad you enjoyed it yesterday and you didn't miss out on crews. they didn't happen unfortunately.

@ Lazarond Lazarond , I'm gonna get you next time I see you. Money match.

@ BLUX BLUX next I see you, money match.

@Harry The Chin next time I see you,
Money match.

I'm feeling good... Feelin' good......
k. and also you tagged my old ass account back when i was a hardcore Brawl n00b lolololol

snex

Smash Master
i qualified for both crew battles and im salty they didnt go down. y'all owe me some crew action.

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
Tell that to the top 8 rising stars kids.

They're the ones who bailed.
IM A BUSY MAN I DONT GOT ALL DAY (In all seriousness I wish I could have stayed long enough to play in the crew battles. Its unfortunate they didnt happen :/)

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
What's the schedule like for this next one? I'd love to attend, but I wouldn't be able to get there till 3:00 at the absolute earliest. Last time I missed PM singles and almost didn't make it into Melee. :(

B.W.

Smash Champion
Aw yeah EXPosure. I dunno if I'll be able to make this, but honestly I'm not too bummed if I can't. I can get to every WDW pretty much without it taking from my work schedule.

Hopefully though, everything falls together and I'll see you all there.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I'm curious. Does competing in these events in change your seeding at all for WDW and future events based on your performance? It seems it does but I'm just curious to hear it from anyone who knows for sure.

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
What's the schedule like for this next one? I'd love to attend, but I wouldn't be able to get there till 3:00 at the absolute earliest. Last time I missed PM singles and almost didn't make it into Melee. :(
I haven't finalized the schedule yet but you may miss pools for both games if you can't arrive until 3... I think you would be able to do doubles though. Just look out for when I update the OP with the schedule.

This ought to be fun.same procedure as last time?
Yea most likely double elim pools with top placers going to bracket. No amateur bracket this time though, but we will be doing doubles.

I'm curious. Does competing in these events in change your seeding at all for WDW and future events based on your performance? It seems it does but I'm just curious to hear it from anyone who knows for sure.
Competing in any of our tournaments (weekly or monthly) gives me results which I do my best to compile and seed from.

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
Yes but double elim pools save time so it really depends on the number of entrants which is usually a lot, so for the sake of time we will likely have to keep the double elim pools format.
I understand it saves time, but I think we should be able to do RR pools anyway. Obviously you're the TO and you can decide whatever, (I'd be going even if it was single elim pools) but there have been events with more participants than EXP8 will most likely get, and they have done RR pools. (rom7, the big house series, etc.)

B.W.

Smash Champion
RR pools is definitely preferred bit I can live with double elim pools.

My question is, is there going to be an amateur bracket again? And if no can we get a few setups for friendlies

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
I understand it saves time, but I think we should be able to do RR pools anyway. Obviously you're the TO and you can decide whatever, (I'd be going even if it was single elim pools) but there have been events with more participants than EXP8 will most likely get, and they have done RR pools. (rom7, the big house series, etc.)
Those larger tournaments have a lot more space and separate the tournament into 2 or 3 days. Things may change before the 29th though so just look out for updates.

And if no can we get a few setups for friendlies
If you arrive early there's time for friendlies before pools. Unless we have a melee/pm setup for each crt (which we likely won't) then once the tournament starts we will need to use every available setup for tournament play. Once the tournament advances to the point where we need less setups then yea feel free to play friendlies.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
yeah all of those tournaments were separated into multiple days.it would suck so much if we had to do that and have to do multiple days for a tourney when some people will have to work or travel back on sunday.

snex

Smash Master
i didnt mind having 2 days for the last EXP. CSP was awesome and we should make it a standard for sunday.

Top Bottom