• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 22, 2015] EXPosure 22 (Oak Park, IL)

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
What's the official schedule for this? I know you moved UMvC3 to today and made PM and Melee much longer due to the high amount of entries.
The schedule is in the original post. The only differences are that instead of going straight to bracket, melee and pm will start with pools at the times on the schedule(assuming we dont fall behind schedule) & the venue close time isn't mandatory. Brawl bracket will start exactly at noon (no brawl pools).

Duds can bring his capture card and mic, but not computer.
We have a computer.

DudZ

Smash Rookie
WOAH I made an account. Ohai smashboards, it's been a while.

I will be bringing my capture card and mic for recording/streaming. As DD said, my laptop is out of order. I'll be arriving early -for real this time- so we can get things running on the EXP setup.

p.s. I'd drive 3 hours down to Chi-town for Pokemon Stadium minigames ALONE.

9V0lt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5472-6721-7480
I have a system and game for PM I can bring but my console is set for component... but I wont be bringing any gamecube controllers other than my own. Also, have a capture card (Elgato capture HD) and 2 laptops available for streaming. EXP can use their stream or we have a channel to use as well. Regardless, putting this out there of that availablility.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I MIGHT have a CRT and a Wii with Melee/Brawl/P:M that I can pack up and bring with me. I'll get back to you on that later tonight.

EDIT: I just realized... my Melee doesn't have all characters/stages unlocked (I just picked up a new copy and memory card a few days ago) so that's probably a no-go. But the rest is still a possibility.

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
I have a system and game for PM I can bring but my console is set for component... but I wont be bringing any gamecube controllers other than my own. Also, have a capture card (Elgato capture HD) and 2 laptops available for streaming. EXP can use their stream or we have a channel to use as well. Regardless, putting this out there of that availablility.
No need to bring any stream equipment. Already asked someone to bring a backup for us. Component cables wont be used but if you have composite cables then that will work. Everyone should be bringing their own controllers.

I MIGHT have a CRT and a Wii with Melee/Brawl/P:M that I can pack up and bring with me. I'll get back to you on that later tonight.

EDIT: I just realized... my Melee doesn't have all characters/stages unlocked (I just picked up a new copy and memory card a few days ago) so that's probably a no-go. But the rest is still a possibility.
We can load melee data from our memory card and it will stay on your system until it is powered off so please still bring the console and game.

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
Assuming Wiis work like GCs, we can still use your copy. If you start up Melee with a card that has everything unlocked, then remove it, the game will keep running just fine. You just won't be able to save anything.

9V0lt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5472-6721-7480
No need to bring any stream equipment. Already asked someone to bring a backup for us. Component cables wont be used but if you have composite cables then that will work. Everyone should be bringing their own controllers..
Right on, i'll see if i can locate those cables. Can provide copies of PM and Melee as well. I'll just bring what I have and you guys can use what you need. See you tomorrow

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Ok, so here's the deal. The only CRT tv I own that acctually works isn't a respectable size for me to be trying to bring with me (I don't even think it would fit in my car haha). But I will still bring my system and games with me. Not sure if I'll be able to make it in time for Brawl singles, but I'll do my best.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Ooo boy, y'all better watch out.

Your boy Kei AKA "Shion" is gonna return with a goddamn vengeance.

azzucips

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azzucips
3DS FC
1461-6305-7845
Dudz, we still want that clip of that crew battle where Hoenn did that double IC chain grab ;)

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
If y'all pansies have the balls, my boys and I would be down for crew battles in Brawl. Won't be available for PM later, but we'll be there bright and early before 12 for the brawl tourney.

Message me if interested.

SwagTrain

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
A'ight kiddies time to get bodied in Pokemon XY by me this free $$$ is miiiiiiiine! Might not go Saturday's event just so I can win Pokemon; we'll see if I can go both days.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
"EXPosure 6: Tis the Season to be SALTY"

lmao who comes up with these?

Anyways, i just RSVPd and can't wait!

Scythe

Smash Master
we had over 50 entrants for each event last time i think

edit: come and get bodied brooo

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I remember seeing an image on Facebook with some of the results from the last tournament. I was wondering if anyone had that, at least, in light of a result thread?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
huh might need to pull another Chicago Heart and show up to this. It depends on Frosty's schedule, but I'll try to make it there.

SwagTrain

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Harry the Chin is one of SwagTrain's newest star pupils. The man is a LEGEND. DO NOT **** WITH HARRY THE ****ING CHIN. Also for you Pokemon players it's gonna get real, we've got worlds-caliber players in the VGC metagame potentially coming. GET HYPE!!!!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Harry the Chin is a lot of fun to play. I took our matches for granted and I almost paid for it dearly. Guy took out who I thought for sure was gonna be my biggest competition(outside of Kels because Kels I thought was guaranteed 1st seed(which I mean he still was but Game 3 man almost had him(no I didn't(well I did but I didn't)))). He's only gotten better for sure. That guy makes Jay Leno proud. Rock the Chin.

Thanks man. Wish there were more pools results 'cause I know there were a lot more players there than what's on this list. =/

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Harry the Chin is a lot of fun to play. I took our matches for granted and I almost paid for it dearly. Guy took out who I thought for sure was gonna be my biggest competition(outside of Kels because Kels I thought was guaranteed 1st seed(which I mean he still was but Game 3 man almost had him(no I didn't(well I did but I didn't)))). He's only gotten better for sure. That guy makes Jay Leno proud. Rock the Chin.

Thanks man. Wish there were more pools results 'cause I know there were a lot more players there than what's on this list. =/
I'll complete each pool's results on challonge (they are only on paper atm) and post the links on here and fb within the next couple days.

Top Bottom