• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 22, 2015] Body City 3: Michigan Melee Summer Circuit Finale (Ann Arbor, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium

A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament
Michigan Melee Summer Circuit Finale

August 22nd, 2015
Ann Arbor, MI

Welcome to Body City, aka Ann Arbor MI, where the Michigan Melee Summer Circuit Finale is slated for August 22nd!

Will there be a cameo appearance by the man who coined the term himself, Mr. Chad Paulinski? Show up and find out! Or just come to play Melee, that's cool too.

- SCHEDULE -

Tournament Schedule
11am| Venue opens
12pm| Melee Doubles begins
2pm| Melee Singles begins
11pm| Venue closes

Full setups must arrive before 12pm in order to qualify for the $5 venue fee discount.

- VENUE -

Michigan Union Anderson Room
530 S State St
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

The friendly confines of Michigan Union will be our venue for this tournament! Michigan Union is the center of student event activity on UM Central Campus, offering an abundance of resources such as convenience stores, computing lounges, and fast food restaurants. If you're bringing any TVs or equipment, make sure to drop them off where the map indicates. Parking is available at the Liberty Square Parking Structure a few blocks north at just $3 for the whole day.

- ENTRY INFO -

The tournament is open to anyone and everyone in the general public! You do not have to be a student or anything.

Option 1: online registration (deadline is Aug 20 at 2pm)
Info: https://smash.gg/tournament/body-city-3
Venue Fee - $7 per person
Melee 2v2 - $5 per person
Melee 1v1 - $10 per person

Option 2: at-the-door registration (deadline is Aug 22 at 2pm)
Info: for those whose attendance is uncertain until the day of!
Venue Fee - $10 per person
Melee 2v2 - cannot enter doubles with at-the-door reg
Melee 1v1 - $10 per person

What to Bring:
Your own GameCube controller
Photo ID to verify your identify if you did online reg
$20 in cash if you're doing at-the-door reg

Setup Discount:
If you bring a full setup, we will give you $5 back at the end of the tourney.
1 full setup is: 1 CRT TV of 15+ inches across the diagonal + 1 GameCube or Wii + 1 Melee disc + 1 memory card

IMPORTANT:
If you are one of the top few circuit performers in attendance at Body City, you get to skip pools and will automatically be seeded into the final Melee Singles bracket. Check here for full circuit points standings: http://smashboards.com/threads/michigan-melee-summer-circuit-2014.352876/

- RULES -

Melee Ruleset:
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1221″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Additional Rules:
* Player’s Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Glitches: Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Placings in Singles Pools are determined based on:
1. number of sets won
2. winning percentage in games (win/loss ratio)
3. head-to-head winner

In the event of an X-way tie in Singles Pools after all tiebreakers are exhausted, a best-of-1 round robin will be played out between the X players until there is a clear order of placings.

Code of Conduct:
* All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
* No food or drink inside the venue per building event policy. Finish your meals outside or elsewhere in the building during the tournament.
* No drugs or alcohol inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
* No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
* No refusal to play on certain setups barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
* All disqualifications due to tardiness will be complete DQs, meaning the disqualified player will be removed from both winners and losers bracket, or removed from the entire event if late for a pools match.
* The TO is granted license to use any and all types of video that you may be present in at the event, including camera recordings, livestream broadcasts, and captured gameplay footage.
* The TO is granted license to photograph your image, likeness, or depiction at the event, and you waive any claim for compensation for the event’s use or publication of photographs taken of you.
* The TO reserves the right to deny entry into the tournament to any player suspected of committing anything considered a crime or acting in a manner that is detrimental to the integrity of the event.
* The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
* The TO reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and his judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.

Payout:
For each event,

If fewer than 50 entrants:
1st place: 55%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 15%

If between 51-100 entrants:
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 25%
4th place: 10%

If more than 100 entrants:
1st place: 45%
2nd place: 20%
4th place: 10%
5th place: 5% each

It's been a great summer circuit! Let's finish it off in grand fashion.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email the TO staff at: michigansmash@gmail.com

Last edited:

JTsm

Smash Master
I know it's a last minute idea, but having pools for PM would be hype. I understand that it might take too much time and it's really no big deal.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Ill be here for brawl now, nice to see all 3 games at another tournament

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Probably not going to enter anything/do MMs unless I get my mentality straight by then. I will play friendlies though.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This will be very fun. I've been wanting to see a nice joint event because P:M has 3 scenes within itself here in Michigan.

JTsm

Smash Master
Brawl community has top 8 :denzel:

Melee players going to get bodiedddddddddd.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I foresee a P:M crew battle between the Melee players and the Brawl players.

Also, Shady vs Ally must happen.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Looking for teammate in Brawl and P:M.

P:M- Placed 2nd at the last tourney, losing to Ally and Zinoto, but took them to Game 5 both times.

Brawl- Someone good and Aggressive or LOE1 :denzel:

Dopey

Smash Lord
*wakes up and walks to the hotel lobby with sunglasses an no shirt to get coffee.....

.opens teh interwebs smashboards....packs up and leaves Des Moines Iowa.....*

I'm comin home....Who wants to win dem teams???

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We absolutely do not have time to run PM Doubles, apologies if you were expecting that event.

I'm also working on a slightly different take on the Melee Singles format that takes less time than usual. I think it'll up the excitement factor by quite a bit, while still providing everyone a reasonable number of guaranteed matches.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Ok, I need teams for B Doubles then. I guess I can team in Melee since it's similar to P:M. I use Jiggs.

I can also run a Snowboard Kids 2 side event :denzel:

Top Bottom