• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 2, 2014] Zenith 2014 [Melee|PM|64] - Register Here :... (Brooklyn, NY)

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Why are only like 2 people going?lol. Aren't these things usually hype? I am probs going regardless but still, maybe they just haven't rsvped yet.

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
Why include everything but brawl? Are you deliberately trying to kill the game at this point? The interest is still there. I love 64, but it's a little odd it got in over brawl.

Jasondi916

Smash Rookie
When do all the tournaments start? Like pools for melee and pools for PM?

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Why include everything but brawl? Are you deliberately trying to kill the game at this point? The interest is still there. I love 64, but it's a little odd it got in over brawl.
The event would run longer for a game that has a significantly smaller turnout than the other event that has a huge turnout that still is being decided if it will be there (ProjectM). You do know that another bracket would have to be seeded right? Seeding takes a lot more time than you think it does if you know this, look at ****in nintendude who is seeding the entire smash64 bracket himself just so it can be at Zenith. A LOT of work goes into every event that is in these tourneys and brawl would have a very small turnout in proportion to how much work it would take to get it to the event. I mean just look at project M which has more PM entrants than melee as of recent and it is still being decided if they can make it work. So many other things would have to be done for little to no reward/turnout, it would have to be coordinated with the other events as to ensure they do not overlap, due to this the event would run much longer than it would normally, it would have to be streamed, and I emphasize again, they have to seed another damn bracket! Also the Zenith series has never had brawl! so I don't know why you are surprised at this, one would be surprised if they did have brawl not the inverse. It's like having Call Of Duty Quickscoping at Revival Of Melee 8.

Last edited:

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
The event would run longer for a game that has a significantly smaller turnout than the other event that has a huge turnout that still is being decidd if it will be there (ProjectM). You do know that another bracket would have to be seeded right? Seeding takes a lot more time than you think it does if you know this, look at ****in nintendude who is seeding the entire smash64 bracket himself just so it can be at Zenith. A LOT of work goes into every event that is in these tourneys and brawl would have a very small turnout in proportion to how much work it would take to get it to the event. I mean just look at project M which has more PM entrants than melee as of recent and it is still being decided if they can make it work. So many other things would have to be done for little to no reward/turnout, it would have to be coordinated with the other events as to ensure they do not overlap, due to this the event would run much longer than it would normally, it would have to be streamed, and I emphasize again, they have to seed another damn bracket! Also the Zenith series has never had brawl! so I don't know why you are surprised at this, one would be surprised if they did have brawl not the inverse. It's like having Call Of Duty Quickscoping at Revival Of Melee 8.
Bro, chill. I understand the difficulties of being a TO. I'm just surprised to see 64 get in over brawl when I would expect brawl's turnout to be higher however small it would be. Then again, I don't know what New York's scene is like. Maybe there are alot of 64 players around there.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Bro, chill. I understand the difficulties of being a TO. I'm just surprised to see 64 get in over brawl when I would expect brawl's turnout to be higher however small it would be. Then again, I don't know what New York's scene is like. Maybe there are alot of 64 players around there.
There actually are a lot of 64 players in this area, probably the biggest concentration in the US is in the Tri State area.

Alex Strife is one of the very few hosts in this community who has made a genuine effort to give 64 a bigger stage and to support our community. It's the same reason why 64 was given a spotlight at Apex (given that he is the host of that event as well.) 64 was a major event at last Zenith as well.

Our forum is nice btw, if you ever want to learn more about 64, pop on down there (just don't mention any of the other smash games as the #OneUnit Mumbo jumbo never applied to most people for 64, as in the game was either ignored or said to have much less potential than brawl.)

In terms of Zenith specifically, I am pretty positive that it was made as a melee/64(/eventual PM) tournament. I don't think it ever had brawl in it.

Last edited:

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
There actually are a lot of 64 players in this area, probably the biggest concentration in the US is in the Tri State area.

Alex Strife is one of the very few hosts in this community who has made a genuine effort to give 64 a bigger stage and to support our community. It's the same reason why 64 was given a spotlight at Apex (given that he is the host of that event as well.) 64 was a major event at last Zenith as well.

Our forum is nice btw, if you ever want to learn more about 64, pop on down there (just don't mention any of the other smash games as the #OneUnit Mumbo jumbo never applied to most people for 64, as in the game was either ignored or said to have much less potential than brawl.)

In terms of Zenith specifically, I am pretty positive that it was made as a melee/64(/eventual PM) tournament. I don't think it ever had brawl in it.
Well that's great 64 is getting some well deserved attention.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyone coming to this from Georgia? I have a van that fits 7 people, is anyone looking for a ride share / wanna split gas?

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
This´ll possibly be my first tournament that I´ll attend. How much cash should I bring (besides 20 to pay for venue fee)?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
This´ll possibly be my first tournament that I´ll attend. How much cash should I bring (besides 20 to pay for venue fee)?
Well you should pay online if you can.

Otherwise, bring enough money for wherever you are staying, for the food you will be eating, and if you are playing any money matches.

And like normal, bring more if you think you might need it. it's better to have too much than too little.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Wait, is it possible for me to register up front and not pay online? I don't own a credit card actually.

Sourpatch

Smash Cadet
Wait, is it possible for me to register up front and not pay online? I don't own a credit card actually.
Nah you can only register online since there gonna have the brackets everyone plays in set up before the tournament day. But if you dont have a card you could get a vanilla visa or some kind of pre paid card from like rite aid, cvs, walgreens or something and put the money on that and pay that way

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Nah you can only register online since there gonna have the brackets everyone plays in set up before the tournament day. But if you dont have a card you could get a vanilla visa or some kind of pre paid card from like rite aid, cvs, walgreens or something and put the money on that and pay that way
Goodie a Rite aid is right nearby!

SilverRocks134

Smash Rookie
NNID
SYedi13
3DS FC
0688-5369-8620
This would be my first tournament if I go, so I have a few questions.

1) Is there an age restriction? (18+ only or something like that)
2) Do I have to pay online or can I pay at the door?
3) Is there a limited number of people who can join?
4) What are the prizes?

I've never entered a tournament before. I don't really know the rules.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
This would be my first tournament if I go, so I have a few questions.

1) Is there an age restriction? (18+ only or something like that)
2) Do I have to pay online or can I pay at the door?
3) Is there a limited number of people who can join?
4) What are the prizes?

I've never entered a tournament before. I don't really know the rules.
No age limit.
Must pay online before July 25th if you want to enter. Otherwise you can pay venue fee and just do friendlies.
I'm assuming that if like 2000 people show up, that wouldn't work well lol.
Money for Top 8.

Last edited:

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Sooooo anyone good going to this?
Note that Smashers are very lazy to pay up, so it might not look like much originally :). I just updated the OP where you can find a link to everyone that RSVPed for the Facebook event(300+), and I also added a Google Doc that contains all of the paid entrants so far (150ish). Just note that the best NY/LI/NJ players will be in attendance as well as Fly Amanita. I would not be shocked if I also saw all of the top players from New England also come down.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I don't really care about numbers, names are what I'm looking for. Facebook is a ****ty system since it has no search for who's going but fly is pretty cool, that's definitely something that should be advertised. In going to assume hax as well, and I saw zhu, anyone else? Doesn't seem like theres any top 5 interest unless there is that you know of.

NNID
dansalvato
Hey, I'm looking for someone to stay with during Zenith. If anyone lives near the venue where either public transportation is simple or transportation can be provided, then please contact me if you're interested in working something out. Thank you!

infomon

Smash Scientist
Guess I'll be seeing you.
omg

so I had planned instead to go to Syracuse to some metal concert with friends this weekend, but I'll see if I can cancel that, cuz I'm kinda travel-exhausted anyway...... not sure yet tho... urrrk...

but they said there's bawrl omggggg

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Brawl will be there but it will not be ran by us. It will be ran by Doom.
Alright, thanks for the heads up.
but they said there's bawrl omggggg
Yeah dude, don't sweat over it too much though if you already have plans! I haven't pre-regged or anything yet and I'm curious how much of a turnout Brawl will get since it's not like a main event here, but I'll probably end up going anyway to support it and play while I sitll can. Maybe even enter Melee if I have the money. Just let me know if you end up going or not!

:093:

infomon

Smash Scientist
ya well if I'm in town then you can totally crash. I live next door to the venue. maybe @ Dan Salvato Dan Salvato too. I'll figure out in the next few days if I'll be around or not.

kidd_guez

Smash Rookie
Anyone know of some nyc projectm groups on fb i cant find any and i want to get as much practice in as possible

Last edited:

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know of some nyc projectm groups on fb i cant find any and i want to get as much practice in as possible
To be honest melee fb groups are usually used for PM purposes frequently enough that nobody will rag on you for speaking of PM related deeds on a melee fb group. There are also smash general fb groups that are used for PM too a great deal of the time. Also it may be hard to find PM only events as most PM tourneys and smashfests are also melee ones but not typically vise versa so again, you could just use melee fb groups to find tourneys and ask them if PM will be there too, you could even offer to bring a setup which could make them consider doing PM if it's a smaller tourney minding the fact only like around 15 setups of each game would be needed for a lets say 50 man tourney, more or less anyways, insuring them you can bring setup(s) will always make TOs more open to having another game at their tourneys which is why you should even coordinate with other people going to bring setups for that event so that you can ensure to the TO that the event will have enough setups for the game aforementioned because the worst thing a TO fears is not having enough setups to run his own tourney, that along with losing the prize money, running super ****ing late, not finishing at all due to the venue kicking you out, the venue canceling, and players getting in a fist fight lol. So my recommendation is just get into the melee and smash NYC groups and there you can meet PM players at tourneys scheduled through the group or even online, but meeting players online may sound a little dangerous if you are younger lol. There may even be a Project M NYC fb group like you are looking for but to be honest it's not really necessary since the PM and Melee communities overlap so much that the members of the two groups are pretty much the same people give or take hahaha. Long story short get involved in smash in general and the rest will follow and travel as much as you can without jeopardizing your financial situation and social life. So basically become Smash Buddha with that balance mah dood.

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
There's a good chance that I'm going to this!
I'm money matching you 5$ pichu dittos! Pichu target practice when I was 9 yrs old has given me the training to be pichu master! mwahahahah! World record holder for a pretty fu cking short amount of time reporting in!!! mwhahahahahaha!

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Also does anyone know if Jman is gonna roll around for this tourney? He's Alukard's bro if I'm not mistaken and Alukard usually has a great hand in making these things happen. If so I'd really like to get some matches with someone who plays such an interesting play-style as him hahaha. Not gonna lie I kinda wanna get backthrow DI read shined a few times lol.

kidd_guez

Smash Rookie
Yea i kind of figured thanks man, also no worries about online threats im 21, im sure no one is gonna try to kidnap me thru pm netplay lmao

Top Bottom