• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Aug 19, 2017] TIMBER 3, Maine's premier tournament series! (Portland, ME)

[Aug 19, 2017] TIMBER 3, Maine's premier tournament series! (Portland, ME)
Posted by DwarfSkippy
Howard Johnson Hotel
Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

DwarfSkippy

Smash Rookie
NNID
DustinGregoire

Maine's premier Smash Brothers tournament returns once again to the Howard Johnson Hotel! Get some last minute practice in before Shine 2017, New England’s biggest major!

PRE-REGISTER HERE!!! ON SIGHT REGISTRATION IS ALLOWED AS WELL, BUT PRE-REGISTERING MAKES US LOVE YOU MORE!!!

Featured Games:
  • Super Smash Bros. for WiiU

• Super Smash Bros. Melee

• Project M
Schedule:
  • 11AM - Doors Open

• 12PM - Super Smash Bros. for WiiU Doubles

• 2PM - Project M Singles

• 3:15PM - Super Smash Bros. for WiiU Singles

• 6:30PM - Super Smash Bros. Melee
Signups for all events take place 15 minutes before scheduled start time!

Event times subject to change in the event of bracket delay

Pricing:
  • Venue: $10/Person (Discounted with setup. See Below.)

• Super Smash Bros. for WiiU Singles: $10/Person

• Super Smash Bros. for WiiU Doubles: $10/Team ($5/Person)

• Super Smash Bros. Melee: $10/Person

• Project M: $5/Person
Setups:
Entrants who bring setups for the games being run will receive $5/full setup. (2 Setups = Free Venue, 3 Setups = Free Venue + $5 Cash, etc.)

Compensation for setup will only apply for the first:

• 10 setups brought in for Super Smash Bros. for WiiU

• 5 setups for Super Smash Bros. Melee

• 5 setups for Project M
All setups brought in after these will not receive compensation.

Any setup with cosmetic or game-altering MODS (With the exception of Project M, duh.) must remove the MODS during tournament use.

Getting There
Heading south on I-95, take exit 45 toward I-295/US-1/ME-114/Maine Mall Rd/Payne Rd. Continue onto Maine Turnpike Approach and take a left onto Main Street. The Howard Johnson Hotel will be on the left.

Address is 675 Main St, South Portland, ME 04106, USA

Rules:
Payouts:
  • Smash for Wii U Singles and Doubles (1 Team=1 Entrant):
    • 10-19 Entrants: Top 3 60/30/10

• 20-39 Entrants: Top 4 55/30/10/5

• 40+ Entrants: Top 5 52.5/27.5/10/5/2.5/2.5
    Melee Singles: 60/30/10

Project M Singles: 60/30/10

N1N

Smash Cadet
NNID
Liamdude11
3DS FC
0791-4680-8645
Question about signups: Do they last up until 15 minutes before the event, or do they take place within the last 15 minutes before the event?

Rubber

Smash Rookie
NNID
RubberGames
Well **** I'm assuming 3DS isn't allowed as a controller? Ugh at this point I might as well just buy a Wii U

CobaltJustice

Smash Cadet
NNID
CobaltJustice
Question about signups: Do they last up until 15 minutes before the event, or do they take place within the last 15 minutes before the event?
They usually start within the last 15 minutes before the event starts. Being there early doesn't hurt of course, but they won't usually take money until sign-ups start.

CobaltJustice

Smash Cadet
NNID
CobaltJustice
Well **** I'm assuming 3DS isn't allowed as a controller? Ugh at this point I might as well just buy a Wii U
I just confirmed with the TO that they would allow 3DS if that is your preferred method. Presumably the same rules apply as they would with a wireless controller in that you need to ensure it is disconnected and not affecting others on that console afterward.

DwarfSkippy

Smash Rookie
NNID
DustinGregoire
3DS is allowed!

We do signups typically 30 minutes before the events start, then start seeding when we know we have everyone signed up. While seeding we can still sign people up, but we really wish people would show up early/let us know on Facebook if you're going to be late.

Top Bottom