• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Aug 16, 2015] Salem Smashfests (Weekly) [Melee, Project M, SSB64] (Salem, Or)

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
Hey Guys! Time for (I Think) the final announcement in this tidal wave of announcings.
Although I’ve only been regularly coming to Salem for a little over 2 months now I still haven’t probably met all of you but hopefully at least most of you know me. If not I’m 9Tales, a RosaLuma main with passable results who’s also just a cool dude, with a good sense of humor, charming features, and a humble ego.

So this announcement is for a special Campaign called The Salem Hype Up! This is a project I’m heading up along with Jaxas with the intent of upgrading the quality of the media Salem produces and the tournaments it throws. The ultimate end goal is to just grow the scene in Salem and in Oregon as a whole, getting more casuals and extra-regional’s interested in watching our tournaments and drawing in more players to increase the amount of overall hype!

This campaign is three fold.

1) We are looking to increase the quality of the commentary during tournaments and (pretty soon) while streaming. For this we are assembling an official Commentary Crew! Members of this crew will make sure that every match of the tournament is receiving quality commentary and will uphold themselves to a high standard with the intention of analyzing and improving upon the entertainment they provide alongside matches! Starting this upcoming weekend the match recording station will be manned only by members of this crew. To start we have a tiny base core of crew members however we can always use more hands to make sure we never run low on man power. If you are interested in joining this elite force of entertainers please check out this form and fill it out:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mY3LOz-BwclHS8q8DWDfg-Xx77vVcjRo0rzPKZYfKeA/viewform

2) We are going to being raising funds to improve the quality of the equipment we use to record and play matches. Don’t worry this is not a fee we will ever impose upon anyone. Jaxas and I have been making a list and budgeting to figure out what sorts of things we are hoping to provide for everyone. Types of equipment we’re hoping to get range form actual good quality microphones to things like a nice HD TV for the tournament’s main matches etc. There will be more on this in the future as we figure out exact fund goals and plan possible fundraising events. But for now we are going to officially open up to donations that will go into the Salem-Hype-Up Fund Pot. We’ll keep everyone in the loop on what we’re planning to get and how much we’ve raised so far and I’m sure we’ll find ways to gratify donors. Remember the end goal is to make all of this worth everyone’s while and no one has to feel obligated

3) The final fold of the three folds. In order to improve the quality of what we do we all need to Step Up Our Game! I’m sorry but this one is an obligation to everyone! We have a legit PR that updates monthly now so everyone should be motivated to climb the ranks and get their name out there. It’s on all of you to get good so that once everything is getting hyped up the matches we play are Seriously Really Hype! Find someone better than you and let them curb stomp you until your face is so numb you can stand up and hit them back! Practice your Tech skill and then show up and actually beat someone! It’s time we all moved our game to the next level!!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Oh wow I never posted Sunday's results WHOOPS

Anyways, thanks to everyone who made it out on Sunday! Things went kinda screwy a few times (I've built a few more failsafes into my program and planning to hopefully keep that from ever happening again), but overall we got through everything in time and hopefully everyone had a great time.

Melee Singles Results:
1st) @ AlienAllen AlienAllen
2nd) Antic
3rd) @Magnum Dragon

Project: M Singles Results:
1st) @ AlienAllen AlienAllen
2nd) Blake
3rd) Zeo

Super Smash Bros 64 Singles Results:
1st) Joey
2nd) Bubbles

as ever, you can find the bracket at http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/ and matches will be uploaded to my YouTube channel soon!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey guys, remember to head out today for Melee and Project: M!
We'll be starting before long (at around 1pm), so if you're gonna be late send me a message!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey guys, sorry I'm so late at this but thanks to everyone who made it out yesterday!
We had a bit smaller bracket but it was a ton of fun nonetheless!

Melee
1st) @ Jaxas Jaxas
2nd) @gmanownyou
3rd) Buddy Boo

Project: M
1st) Buddy Boo
2nd) @gmanownyou

Also, because I am a complete fool the recordings from this week were not actually recorded.
Luckily they were still streamed, so the matches will still be uploaded to Youtube!
Unfortunately, they'll be uploaded in lower quality.

I'll definitely be sure to not let this happen again in the future; sorry about this!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Shoutouts to everyone who made it out today! We had a bit smaller turnout again this week, but it was still a great time and there were some great matches!

Melee:
1st) Nick
2nd) Blake
3rd) Pineapple

Project M:
1st) Nick
2nd) Blake
3rd) @gmanownyou

As ever, you can find the brackets here
http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Alright everyone, it's the 1st so it's time to release the final June 2015 Salem Smashfests PR!

First up, we have Project: M!

In First, we have none other than Blake! Well known here in town as THE Game & Watch main, he places extremely well both in Melee and here in P:M, where his main can shine as a much fairer environment.

Second is another player who's been around for a while, and has has placed highly for just as long - Nick! He has a large assortment of characters, and he's always bringing something new to the fight. His most recent match against Blake was in his favor, and he's definitely looking to steal that first place spot!

In third we have another player who's strong in both Melee and Project M: @ AlienAllen AlienAllen ! Playing his signature, stylish Falcon, along with a very strong Ganon, he's definitely a player to watch out for!

Fourth place goes to Buddy Boo, our local Ness main! Often seen sporting the Phantasy Star Online Keyboard-Controller, he's also extremely knowledgeable about Project: M.

Finally, in Fifth place we have @gmanownyou ! Playing his signature "Up Smash can go into itself, the character" (aka Zelda, quote G~Man), and recently joined by his Melee mains of Luigi and Falco, he's always ready to have a good time.

Other notable players this month are:
6th) @ Jaxas Jaxas
7th) War
8th) @Charey

2015-06 (June) Project M.png

Next up is Melee, so stay tuned for that!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Next, we have Melee!

In First, making his second appearance this month, we have @ AlienAllen AlienAllen ! Despite his PR image, he mains Captain Falcon in this game as well, and he's an incredibly strong opponent all around!

Not far behind, we have @Magnum Dragon in Second place! Back from the east coast for the summer, he's likely the strongest Fox in Salem, and makes that fact well known with his results.

Third place goes to Magnum's brother, @Saucy Pirate ! A high-level contender with both his Fox and Falco, he always likes to go for the style!

In Fourth place we have Blake, playing his signature Game & Watch and pulling out his Falco when necessary. Despite maining a low-tier character, his character mastery and raw skill are enough to handle many of the top-tier opponents here in Salem!

Finally, Fifth place goes to me, @ Jaxas Jaxas . A Smash 4 player who enjoys Melee as well, I get by on my neutral game carried over from Sm4sh & Brawl... with a little help from Marth's RIDICULOUS Fsmash & Grab ranges.

Other notable players this month are:
6th) Nick
7th) Pineapple
8th) @gmanownyou

2015-06 (June) Melee.png

And finally, stay tuned for Smash 4!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
And finally, it's time for Smash 4!

In First, the man who's been on fire lately, we have Brobear! After performing admirably this month, he ended with a 3rd place finish at The Oregon SHFFL - definitely a strong opponent!

Second place goes to me, @ Jaxas Jaxas ! (I didn't really think I should write my own thing here, so I asked G~Man to do so instead:)
"A technical Sheik main with a strong ambition for succeeding in Smash 4. Definitely a force to be reckoned with when he's on point. Very good and a well versed player over all."

Third this month is @gmanownyou . Despite being in a bit of a rut as far as finding a main, he's continued to have strong results across this last month and is always a strong threat!

In Fourth we have @ 9Tales 9Tales ! Though he is a Rosalina main, he has a number of other characters he's working on, so you can never be quite sure what character you'll be up against when fighting him! Undefeated in Salem against all but a handful of players, he's definitely not a player to count out. He's had a handful of 1st placings throughout the last month as well!

Lastly, in Fifth this month we have Churro! He's been putting in a ton of work and has made great strides over this past month, and is definitely someone you can never count out of a match. He has a handful of tournament-ready characters, and all of them are major threats to any opponent!

6) Ecchi
7) Shy
8) That Guy

2015-06 (June) Smash 4.png

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey guys, sorry I'm so late at this but thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend!

Melee Singles:
1st) @Saucy Pirate
2nd) Blake
3rd) @Swamprat

Project: M Singles:
1st) Buddy Boo & Keny (Split)
3rd) @Saucy Pirate

Smash 64 Singles:
1st) Joey
2nd) Pineapple

Brackets for the different tournaments can be found here:

Matches will be uploaded soon to my Youtube channel as well, so stay tuned for those!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey guys, thanks to everyone who made it out Sunday!
We had the biggest Melee turnout we've had (at least since we've started tracking weekly entrants, but I'm pretty sure in general as well)!

Melee Results:
1st) @Magnum Dragon
2nd) Blake
3rd) Meat

Project M Results:
1st) Bubbles
2nd) [Split] Blake & @gmanownyou

As ever, brackets can be found at: http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Also, the matches from LAST week (July 4th & 5th) have now all been uploaded!

By the way, the matches from this week will probably be uploaded a bit slower than usual (as I'll be losing internet access Wednesday night since I'm leaving for EVO then). I'll be uploading things as fast as I can though!

You can find the matches here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc2WO8ScJhx-oUD7oLqKPpKW5nxyUAS6r

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey guys! Just in case anyone missed it, both @gmanownyou and I will not be here this weekend, as we're going to be at EVO!

There will still be Salem Smashfests tournaments this weekend though, thanks to the assistance of a few of our local players!

On Saturday, the head TO is going to be @ 9Tales 9Tales , and on Sunday the head TO is going to be Pineapple!

Be sure to be respectful to them and let them know if you're willing to help out!

I'll see you guys all next week; best of luck to everyone at the tournaments this weekend!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
"Ok, so about a month ago i lost a controller that i was borrowing from a friend at one of our weekly Sunday tournaments and no one has alerted me about it yet. Plz look through your stuff guys! If you have an extra purple, brand name Gamecube controller then i NEED TO KNOW! Just for clarification, it's not a WiiU controller with the Smash symbol on it, it's just a plain Nintendo brand purple controller. Plz tell me if you've been holding onto an extra, i was extremely disappointed to hop off of Smash64 and find that my friends controller was missing."
- Bubbles (from Facebook)

If you know who has his controller, please let me know!

Starchild

Smash Rookie
How many people usually turn up at these events? I'm mostly interested in smash 64 and I might come up if there's enough people.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
How many people usually turn up at these events? I'm mostly interested in smash 64 and I might come up if there's enough people.
We average between 10-15 people for Melee, and 8-15 for P:M, but we don't always actually have SSB64.
We only really have 1 regular for it, and he doesn't always show up; when he does we generally have a 5-6 man tournament, though

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey Melee & Project: M players, listen up!

I've heard quite a few people on Sunday request a switch to a straight Double Elimination format rather than the current Swiss -> Top format that we're running right now.

Basically, I want to see how many people really want to switch to the purely Double Elimination format.

Thanks!

If you could respond to this with a vote (or just your thoughts, doesn't have to be the actual vote) please do!

[ ] Keep the current format (Swiss -> Top)
[ ] Switch to fully Double Elimination
[ ] Other (explain in the thread)

Xerum

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone two things to cover here. First regarding the format, from the new attendee perspective the Swiss>Top8 is obviously prefered. Swiss has the same number of rounds as standard elimination, so it may not speed up the bracket that much.
Moving on, there seemed to be a positive response to my customized P:M screens. So thanks to Jaxas for the raw logo images. Here are the .gct and .pac, (https://mega.co.nz/#!TEtghbYb!O4QB5N-AnM3ZpaMFfcaXbKZTdpWhBwkIcrvtbLVn5vA). Simply replace /codes/RSBE01.gct, and /projectm/pf/system/common5.pac, on your sd card. Do make a back up just in case. Here are the screenshots.

These will probably change when either our stage list is changed and/or we upgrade to 3.6.
Until then enjoy and see you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, just a heads up that I’m going to be posting a few more announcements about ruleset changes and stuff like that.

Stay tuned!

--------------------

[7/31] Melee & Project M Update #1: Swiss VS Double Elimination

After discussion about potentially switching to Double Elimination on Sundays (replacing the Swiss format) began, there was a lot of debate on either side.

After reading everything, here's what I've decided we'll do on Sundays from here on out:
- Anytime a bracket has 15 or less entrants, it will be the usual Swiss style tournament with a cut to Top.
- If there are 16 or more entrants in a bracket, it will be ran as a single Double Elimination bracket.

Hey everyone, just a heads up that I’m going to be posting a few more announcements about ruleset changes and stuff like that.

Stay tuned!

--------------------

[7/31] Misc & TO Stuff Announcements
Alright, just a few last announcements.

First up, anyone who's interested in doing anything stream-based (whether it's just updating the stream or doing Commentary) needs to go read this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GZyAQ9MUCnq3Qh51Xeq8HNeJWU8gfnlTZhj-ZngNp8U/edit?usp=sharing

Second, I figured that I'd let people know but, at least for a while, I'm going to be give myself the TO privilege of not having to pay for the brackets I run. I've been having some financial issues lately, and at least for the time being, I won't be able to get enough money to enter my own tournaments.

Hopefully no one takes issue with this, but I figure that the time I put into running this (including work outside of tournaments: running logistics, uploading content, etc.) makes up for the $1 shortage in the pot.

Lastly, stay tuned for the PR update! It'll be releasing sometime today or tomorrow!

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend! We had an absolutely massive 44 entrants this Saturday, and a much more manageable number today with BHAM happening.

Before I get to the results from this week though, I have an announcement - due to building occupancy laws, starting next week we're going to have to start implementing a 40-person cap to our tournaments (this will effect Sunday as well; 40 people total, not per bracket!).
I'll be figuring out exactly how we're going to be handling that over the next week (currently thinking of some sort of online pre-registration, and anyone showing up at the door without than can take their chances...? Let me know if you have other ideas), so stay tuned for that.

Anyways, results!

Melee Singles:
1st) Nick
2nd) Urban Lion
3rd) Pug4God

Melee Doubles:
1st) Kawasaki Dirtbike (Urban Lion & KID)
2nd) The Cosmic Kings ( @ Jaxas Jaxas & @gmanownyou )

Project M Singles:
1st) Nick
2nd) @gmanownyou

As ever, you can find the full brackets here:

See you all next week!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
HEY GUYS, IT'S FINALLY TIME!

Sorry it's taken so long, but without further ado...
time for the July PR to be released!

Melee
2015-07 (July) Melee PR.png

1. @Magnum Dragon : Magnum, though MIA for the last few weeks, reliably takes first at any tournaments he shows up to. He’s known for his Fox, but he plays Falco, Sheik, and Marth solidly as well! He’s definitely the dominant force in the Salem Smashfest’s Melee scene, and only a few people can truly challenge the Dragon.

2. @Saucy Pirate : Saucy Pirate, Magnum Dragon’s brother, is another extremely strong player here in town. He mains the spacies, normally opting for Fox but pulling out Falco when he just wants to stomp on someone. Despite the occasional issues he has with self-destructing, few people (other than Magnum) reliably give him a run for his money. If you go up against him, it’ll take everything you have to keep from walking the plank!

3. Blake: Blake is our local Mr. Game & Watch main, and doesn’t let G&W’s tier placement hold him back. Despite having a backup Falco, he usually sticks to his main - and wins! His mastery of his character (and that dang Nair…), as well as the game in general, definitely takes him a long way. Gee!!! Dubs!!!

4. Nick: Despite being a Project: M player first, Nick also has a pretty impressive record in Melee as well! Generally playing Fox, but also pulling out a number of other characters at times, he’s definitely proficient in enough characters to counterpick his opponent’s character when needed! Victory and Nick… the just click.

5. War: War came back after a few month break a while ago, and his training in the mountains doesn’t seem to have slowed down at all! After switching to Sheik from Captain Falcon, his results have skyrocketed; whether this is actually due to the switch or a coincidence isn’t fully know, because his Falcon has gotten even scarier as well! War, what is it good for? How about for winning at Smash!

6. @ Jaxas Jaxas : LolFsmash.

7. Pineapple: Pineapple, sometimes also known as “Show Me the CarFax” (or some variation thereof), while not being our only local Fox main, is definitely our local Fox enthusiast. Well known for his multishines, he’s proven that he’s a force to be reckoned with - as long as he can stay on point. No where in the world will you find a man more dedicated to the idea of Fox McCloud. He lives Fox like and earthworm lives dirt.

8. G~Man, The Cosmic Destroyer (@gmanownyou ): G~Man, our local Luigi main (with a pocket Falco), has been going a lot of Zelda lately, and has taken Saucy Pirate to game 3 every time. If that doesn’t say anything, then I don’t know what does!

Project: M
2015-07 (July) Project M PR.png

Blake: Blake, as in Melee maining Mr. Game & Watch (with a secondary of Falco), shows just how scarily good he is especially when his main isn’t in the bottom 5 of the tier list. He’s dominated many of the tournaments he’s attended, but is starting to find some strong competition!

Nick: Nick has a massive arsenal of characters he can pull out at a moment’s notice, and never hesitates to do so. He’s well versed in Project: M, and definitely knows his characters extremely well. His tech-skill, especially with his Fox, is always on point - and that’s a scary thing indeed!

Bubbles: Our local Captain Falcon main in P:M, he’s taken down some big names with that Falcon style! He destroys his opponents with the overwhelming speed and power of both his playstyle and his character! When putting on a C. Falcon performance he makes sure to give the audience a little sugar, a little spice, and a whole lot of everything nice. (and the secret ingredient to his victories, Chemical X!) Also, be sure to give him a big thanks for donating the chairs we’ve been using for the past few weeks!

Buddy Boo: Buddy Boo, well known locally for his Ness, definitely shows the huge potential that his character has. Despite his weakness to gimping, Buddy Boo makes out playing his enemies with Ness look easy just before Back Throwing them to an early grave! You may also see him sporting the Phantasy Star Online Gamecube controller with a Keyboard, a rare sight indeed!

G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer (@gmanownyou ): G~Man has been pulling solid results from his Zelda, and despite her apparent matchup issues, still manages to be the ‘Destroyer’ of many of his opponents. He has a few other characters as well, so you can never be sure who you’ll go up against!

War: Instead of opting to play either his Melee Sheik or Captain Falcon, War has recently picked up Zero Suit Samus. He’s only just started pulling out the character in tournament, but he’s gotten solid results anyways - it should be interesting to see where he goes from here!

@Saucy Pirate : Playing Fox has carried over from Melee, Saucy is a very strong contender here as well. He plays a few other characters too such as Snake (specifically Big Boss), and always manages to make his matches look s̶a̶u̶c̶y̶ flashy.

@Charey : Charey is our local Ivysaur player in Project: M, and he makes the character look really solid. He’s good at using Razor Leaf to set up different kills and combos, and he’s no slouch with Ivysaur’s healing/seed moves either!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, as you probably know 2 weeks ago we had a massive 44-person tournament on Saturday. You may also remember that we found out that we need to cap entrants at 40 in the future due to Building Occupancy laws, and that's what we're going to do.

While this is unlikely to be the final way we do things, at least for now we're going to be doing a Pre-Registration type thing.

If you sign up here (and are within the first 40 people) you're guaranteed your spot. If you opt not to sign up, you can still show up on the day of the tournament and try your luck - if there are already 40 people entered, you won't be able to enter that week. If we have hit the 40 person limit, then right before the bracket begins anyone who was preregistered but has not shown up will be dropped in favor of anyone still hoping to get in that’s already there.
(Also, please note that this is 40 people total for the day, not per-game.)

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to handle this better, but while you're thinking be sure to go register!

Saturday (8/15/15): http://goo.gl/forms/upDCd1IEmF
Sunday (8/16/15) : http://goo.gl/forms/8Q8dNTs2NK

Last edited:

Starchild

Smash Rookie
Are you still using this schedule for your events? I found it on your facebook page but I just want to make sure since we'll be driving a long way for this. Btw if you need more 64 setups we could bring ours.

===== Daily Schedules =====
Saturday:
- 11:00am | Doors Open, Setup & Friendlies
- 11:30am | Smash 4 Doubles
- 1:00pm | Smash 4 Singles
- 5:00pm | Brawl Singles
- 7:00pm | Venue Closes

Sunday:
- 12:00pm | Doors Open, Setup & Friendlies
- 12:30pm | Melee Singles
- 12:45pm | Project: M Singles
- 3:00pm | Smash 64 Singles
- 6:00pm | Venue Closes

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Are you still using this schedule for your events? I found it on your facebook page but I just want to make sure since we'll be driving a long way for this. Btw if you need more 64 setups we could bring ours.

===== Daily Schedules =====
Saturday:
- 11:00am | Doors Open, Setup & Friendlies
- 11:30am | Smash 4 Doubles
- 1:00pm | Smash 4 Singles
- 5:00pm | Brawl Singles
- 7:00pm | Venue Closes

Sunday:
- 12:00pm | Doors Open, Setup & Friendlies
- 12:30pm | Melee Singles
- 12:45pm | Project: M Singles
- 3:00pm | Smash 64 Singles
- 6:00pm | Venue Closes
Yep, that schedule is correct! And we're always needing 64 setups (we don't actually have a single setup there most weeks...), so feel free to bring that!

Starchild

Smash Rookie
We'll be coming up for melee/PM then. If we bring our console, is there a good chance there will be a 64 tournament too?

Also I see that there were signups for last week but I don't see any for this week.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
We'll be coming up for melee/PM then. If we bring our console, is there a good chance there will be a 64 tournament too?

Also I see that there were signups for last week but I don't see any for this week.
There's a good chance; only way it won't happen is if there isn't enough interest (or time).
Oh, and speaking of pre-reg...

Hey guys, pre-registration forms for this weekend are now live!
Be sure to sign up to guarantee your spot!

Saturday: http://goo.gl/forms/Ny8sRxbwHd
Sunday: http://goo.gl/forms/zxgKcNHluv

Starchild

Smash Rookie
What time does it all usually end? (sorry for all the questions)

Last edited:

Cake.888

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys! Time for (I Think) the final announcement in this tidal wave of announcings.
Although I’ve only been regularly coming to Salem for a little over 2 months now I still haven’t probably met all of you but hopefully at least most of you know me. If not I’m 9Tales, a RosaLuma main with passable results who’s also just a cool dude, with a good sense of humor, charming features, and a humble ego.

So this announcement is for a special Campaign called The Salem Hype Up! This is a project I’m heading up along with Jaxas with the intent of upgrading the quality of the media Salem produces and the tournaments it throws. The ultimate end goal is to just grow the scene in Salem and in Oregon as a whole, getting more casuals and extra-regional’s interested in watching our tournaments and drawing in more players to increase the amount of overall hype!

This campaign is three fold.

1) We are looking to increase the quality of the commentary during tournaments and (pretty soon) while streaming. For this we are assembling an official Commentary Crew! Members of this crew will make sure that every match of the tournament is receiving quality commentary and will uphold themselves to a high standard with the intention of analyzing and improving upon the entertainment they provide alongside matches! Starting this upcoming weekend the match recording station will be manned only by members of this crew. To start we have a tiny base core of crew members however we can always use more hands to make sure we never run low on man power. If you are interested in joining this elite force of entertainers please check out this form and fill it out:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mY3LOz-BwclHS8q8DWDfg-Xx77vVcjRo0rzPKZYfKeA/viewform

2) We are going to being raising funds to improve the quality of the equipment we use to record and play matches. Don’t worry this is not a fee we will ever impose upon anyone. Jaxas and I have been making a list and budgeting to figure out what sorts of things we are hoping to provide for everyone. Types of equipment we’re hoping to get range form actual good quality microphones to things like a nice HD TV for the tournament’s main matches etc. There will be more on this in the future as we figure out exact fund goals and plan possible fundraising events. But for now we are going to officially open up to donations that will go into the Salem-Hype-Up Fund Pot. We’ll keep everyone in the loop on what we’re planning to get and how much we’ve raised so far and I’m sure we’ll find ways to gratify donors. Remember the end goal is to make all of this worth everyone’s while and no one has to feel obligated

3) The final fold of the three folds. In order to improve the quality of what we do we all need to Step Up Our Game! I’m sorry but this one is an obligation to everyone! We have a legit PR that updates monthly now so everyone should be motivated to climb the ranks and get their name out there. It’s on all of you to get good so that once everything is getting hyped up the matches we play are Seriously Really Hype! Find someone better than you and let them curb stomp you until your face is so numb you can stand up and hit them back! Practice your Tech skill and then show up and actually beat someone! It’s time we all moved our game to the next level!!
I would love to go but I need more information on when the next melee tournament happens. Plz help

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
Salem Smashfest throws a Melee tournament literally every Sunday... EXCEPT on weekends when a large smash regional is being held somewhere else in Oregon, which happens to be this weekend on the 29th: Fight or Flight 4. It will have a HUGE melee bracket and likely a very large Smash 4 bracket as well (and PM will be there too) the brackets are more expensive than Salem but there's no venue fee. So it's not bad over all if you have a way to get to it (down in Eugene Oregon)

here's a link to FoF4's event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/389885141207454/

Fight or Flight 4 would be an amazing tournament to go to.
Whether you make it out there or not this weekend, we'll still be looking forward to seeing you on any other weekend in Salem! Reigonals haven't been happening too often lately so you're generally safe to assume Salem is happening every week. I would recommend adding your self to competitive Smash groups for Oregon and the PNW on facebook if you wanna stay extra plugged in for when big events are happening.

PS: if you're ever unsure about whether or not reigonals or Salem are happening on any given weekend always feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Elisay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Elisay7
3DS FC
2552-2548-4286
Is there going to be a tournament tomorrow?
One in Salem, I mean.

Last edited:

Elisay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Elisay7
3DS FC
2552-2548-4286
So I can come today in Salem and people will be there. Do I still use the Google sign up thing in the first post to sign up for Melee.

Last edited:

Elisay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Elisay7
3DS FC
2552-2548-4286
It's literally the only wei could go to the weekly, and it's cancelled in favor for FoF4

Top Bottom