• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 16, 2014] Carroll Fest 5 - Ft. Mang0, Wife, Husband, Juggleguy, VaNz,... (Bridgeville, PA)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master

Back again for the 5th time! PGH Carroll the ****ING GOAT bringing back Pittsburghs hypest tournament series to the Pittsburgh area. I little short notice but had to squeze it in before school starts back up. Come battle it out with PGH and NEOH's Standard Foxes and Talentless Hacks! You wont wanna miss this! Melee only this time around because Brawl is dead and PM sucks NUTZZZ.

Also I know Smashboards is dead. (RIP) most talk will be done here
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/508665692613112/
PGH/NEOH Regional FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NEOHBURGH/
Venue:
Perters Place Restaurant
1199 Washington Pike
Bridgeville, PA 15017

SCHEDULE: (as of now.. subject to change)
10am Doors open (Doubles Reg)
11am 4v4 Crew battle PGH MEan Foxes vs Team Ben
12pm Melee Doubles Brackets
3pm Registation for singles
4pm Melee singles pools
6pm PGH vs MI (5v5)
6:30pm Melee singles Bracket
7pm Melee AM Bracket
10pm Venue closes
Traditional EatNPark run afterward! If you dont stick around for this youre basic AF.

FOOD
Food/Drink will be AT THE VENUE included in your venue fee. Chicken tenders, Burgers, Pasta, mad other ****. Pepsi products (free refills) & a full bar for MaNg0 ;)

RULES AND ENTRY:
Venue/Door fee - $10 (includes free food and drink.)
Singles fee - $10
Doubles fee - $10 each ($20per team)

General Rules:

MELEE
[COLLAPSE="Melee Ruleset"]Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
WOBBLING IS BANNED[/COLLAPSE]

Payouts/Prizes:
Singles/Teams Payouts
*1st = 45% + CF5 1st place trophy!
*2nd = 25%
*3rd = 15%
*4th = 10%
*5th = 2.5%
*5th = 2.5%

LAST TOURNEY INFO:
[COLLAPSE="Carroll Fest 1 Results"]Results:
Melee Singles
1st Lon
2nd Silent Swag
3rd Tyler Wilps

Melee Doubles
1st Lon & Boon
2nd Stanley & Silent Swag
3rd Murk & Aj Campbell

Brawl Singles
1st SMD
2nd Boon
3rd Tyler Wilps

Brawl Doubles
1st Boon & Aj Campbell
2nd Tyler Wilps & Silent Swag
3rd D-White & borra

Pictures: (taken by the lovely emily ♥ some hoe that broke my heart</3) PICS[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Carroll Fest 2 Results"]http://www.smashboards.com/threads/smash-nation-2-aka-carroll-fest-results-shoutouts-thread.304441/[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Carroll Fest 3 Results"]http://www.smashboards.com/threads/carroll-fest-3-results-green-rangers-so-huge.329639/[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Carroll Fest 4 Results"]http://smashboards.com/threads/carr...ll-results-and-s-os-thread.339876/[/COLLAPSE]

Any Questions. Pm or text my cell
412 583 5180
See all you *** nogs there.

Last edited:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
This is three hours away from me, and Melee isn't my main game...

But I hear Carroll puts on a hell of good a tournament.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Yeah no one talks about this stuff on SB anymore LOL but I'll update this thread when I get to a computer. A lot of hype stuff going down this year!
Not true. It's just that there are so many big tournaments this year that you have to try something to stand out. Because if not, it's just another tournament.

Wife

Smash Lord
Team Ben is taking a car to this, and we have an extra spot. Anyone looking for a ride/hotel room?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
UPDATEEEEEEE

First off heres the FB event page. its public so invite anyone you think would wanna come. (FB was weird with manual invites this time)

Also for those of you that remember the Carroll Fest 4 custom character badges, WERE BRINGING THEM BACK WITH A DIFFERENT TWIST. Last year was the characters of SSBM and this year we made the characters of PGH/NEOH region!

A little sneak peek here
Lanyards and badge holders

Last years

super secret leak of this years!

Also nice little write up here on MIOM about CF5 can be seen here! http://meleeiton.me/2014/07/31/august-2014-preview/

And last but not least the trophies from CF1 are back and bigger and its up for grabs!

Hope to see you all out here in a week!

PGH Carroll

Dos_Equis

Smash Cadet
I need 10 posts to post a link in threads so I'm putting comments in places that aren't completely random but kind of random so yeah.

Getting hype for this tourney tho

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Last update!

Gonna raise the venue fee to 10 but with the raise you'll get free water and pop all day and Peters Place is gonna have a buffet of food starting at 12:30 with Chicken Fingers, Pasta, Sandwiches (turkey, Ham, ect) mashed potatoes and dessert foods!

So if you come and are playing everything 30 will cover your singles, doubles, food and drink all day!

Also

Fitting in 2 mini crew battles during the tournament!

First up at 11am before doubles we'll have

PGH Mean Foxes (PGH Carroll, S1 the God, Taki & Mach)
VS
Team Ben (Wife, Husband, Vist, Oro!? [Silence] )

And the main event to get everyone in the mood for bracket, a 5V5

Pittsburgh (Taki, Green Ranger, Nakamaru, TheLake, PGH Carroll)
VS
Michigan (KJH, Duck, Kzhu, Juggleguy, TREMOR)

Top Bottom