• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 15, 2015] Cincinnati Smash Classic III @Arcade Legacy (Cincinnati, OH)

Doctor X

Smash Lord

After some delay due to Evo and other huge events in July, it's once again time for Cincinnati's premeir Melee/PM series at Arcade Legacy this August! This time will be experimenting a bit with the format to try to make it more conducive to finishing within one day. From this point forward we will be holding only one doubles event at a time to reduce collision. So that the other game isn't left out completely-- and also because HYPE-- we will be holding 5-man state (or city, if need be) crew battles. I always hear big talk from out of town, so if you're coming from far away, make sure to bring your best players so we can settle this ****.

For this particular event we will be holing Project M for the Doubles event and Melee for the crews event. This was determined by pool. The two games will alternate positions from this point forward.

Fees and Preregistration
For logistical reasons, entry to this event will be by pre-registration only. You can sign up here. Money will be collected at the door. If you made a mistake signing up, or you need to withdraw for whatever reason, please contact me by private message.

If you register, I *will* expect you to be present. If you are not, and you haven't contacted me, I *will* bar you from signing up for my future events. Yes, I am serious. Running these events is a huge amount of work. The least you guys can do is let us know what to expect. :)

Registration will close on Wednesday, August 12th, so be sure to sign up by then!

Fees will include:
  • $10 Venue Fee. A $5 discount will be provided to each person who brings a full setup on the day of the event. This venue fee also includes unlimited play on all of the arcade cabinets in the arcade itself, so you can have yourself a good old time between waves of pools.
  • $10 per event for singles.
  • $10 per player, per team, for doubles.

Pools and Waves
In order to make it easier for players to know where they're supposed to be at any given time, while also ensuring that we use as many setups as possible, all events will be divided into two waves, which will play at specific times and eliminate down to small final brackets. All players will be handed a schedule upon checkin, letting them know where they need to be and exactly what time. These schedules will be rigidly enforced. If your wave starts, and you're not present for it, you *will* be disqualified. With this many events in one day, we don't have any time for nonsense. :O

Schedule
10 AM Doors Open
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Project M Doubles
1:00 PM - 2:15 PM Crews
2:15 PM - 5:00 PM Melee/Project M Singles RR
—2:15 PM - 3:40 PM Wave 1
—3:40 PM - 5:00 PM Wave 2
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM Melee/Project M Bracket Pools
—5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Bracket Pools Wave 1
— 6:00 - 7:00 PM Bracket Pools Wave 2
7:00 PM - 10:30 PM Melee, Project M Finals

Payouts
<32 Entrants:
  • 1st-- 50%
  • 2nd-- 30%
  • 3rd-- 20%
>=32:
  • 1st-- 50%
  • 2nd -- 25%
  • 3rd -- 15%
  • 4th -- 10%
>=48:
  • 1st-- 50%
  • 2nd-- 25%
  • 3rd-- 13%
  • 4th-- 6%
  • 5th-- 3%
  • 5th-- 3%
>=64:
  • 1st-- 45%
  • 2nd-- 25%
  • 3rd-- 15%
  • 4th-- 6%
  • 5th-- 3%
  • 5th-- 3%
  • 7th-- 2%
  • 7th-- 2%
Melee Rules
  • 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
  • Items OFF.
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
  • Master Hand is banned.
  • Wobbling is legal.
  • Modified DSR: You cannot counterpick any stage you won on in the set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
  • In all best of 5 sets there will be no stage bans
  • All finals sets are best out of 5
  • Ties in round-robins will be resolved first by set wins between tied players, then by overall game win/loss.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
  1. First player strikes one stage.
  2. Second player strikes two stages.
  3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist: 1 Ban
Singles -
Starters: Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story, Dream Land, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium

Doubles -
Starters: Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story, Dream Land, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
Counterpick: DonkeyKong 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Project M Rules
  • All setups must use Project M v3.6b, with no texture mods. Music mods are ok.
  • 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
  • Items OFF
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
  • Modified DSR: You cannot counterpick any stage you won on in the set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
  • Giga Bowser is banned for tournament play
  • Simultaneous suicides from moves like Ganondorf's Side-B or Kirby's Neutral B will results in the user winning
  • In all best of 5 sets there is one stage ban
  • Winners Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals sets are best out of 5
  • Ties in round-robins will be resolved first by set wins between tied players, then by overall game win/loss.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
  1. First player strikes one stage.
  2. Second player strikes two stages.
  3. First player strikes one stage

Stagelist: 2 Bans
Starters:
Battlefield, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Dreamland, Green Hill Zone
Counterpicks:
Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story (Melee), Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Wario Ware

After each match:
  1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
  2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
  3. Winner chooses their character
  4. Loser chooses their character

Last edited:

Doctor X

Smash Lord
There will be no Smash 4, except maybe a casual setup inside the arcade itself separated from the tournament. We can't divide space or time well enough to accommodate every game.

Smash 4 has it's own event at this venue that you should keep an eye out for. I'll post a link here when it comes up next.

Last edited:

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Schedule is up, for those wanting it. I apologize for the delay.

Bear in mind, doubles starts at 11, so if you're in doubles, be there *before* 11 so you can check in.

Top Bottom