• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 15, 2014] [SBiB] SUPER Brawl in Berlin (12685 Berlin, Germany, Europe)

Felker

Smash Rookie
NNID
Felker
I still need a team-partner from you, guys!
Brawl Doubles:
• eleanorvonclere
• Felker
• V1CE
• Willz
I still don't have a mate, so if anyone want to do Brawl doubles with me, send me a PM !

Last edited:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Nope, youre fine!

Would be cool if you could tell me your partner, otherwise, if you do not tell me one in time (12. August) I will assign a teampartner to everyone that doesnt have one (I will try to take skill into account when doing that, even though its kinda hard for me to actually rank you specifically)

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
I probably misunderstood, you just referred to the remaining non-german speaking smashers.

I'm good. I'm teaming up with AE.
Looking forward to my first german tournament since Smack!

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yeah I only listed the foreign players here (Because I use the german Board for the german guys :p)

Alright, gonna put that down :)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Alright, so I raised the limit to 85 people. The 5 people who were on the list have already been informed that they can come. There won't be a waiting list anymore, as I only expect about ~5 deconfirms. Sry to everyone who still wanted to come, but there is just no more spots left. Hope to see you next time though! (Registration has ended, no more Registrations will be accepted)

Also more updates:

I added a BUNCH of Instructions on how to get to the venue! If you have been wondering how you should get to the Venue, just check out the first post, you can find instruction for 4 different starting-points. If you need some other Instruction just ask me, or check the link I posted in the Instructions area.

Also, the Brawl Ruleset has been updated. Due to many requests (And a poll in the german boards), Delfino, Halberd, Fregate & PS2 will be BANNED.

Last edited:

mmKALLL

Smash Cadet
WHAT?

I can not even begin to guess the reasoning behind suddenly doing major changes in the ruleset just a couple of weeks before the tournament - I also do not see why the German scene would suddenly want less stages? You have played on them for years and it probably hasn't been a problem at all until this point!

I mean, I guess I get Delfino and Halberd (MK being legal and all), but why on earth should PS2 be banned when literally nobody has ever in the years I've been active wanted to CP that stage? While the same can't be said for Frigate, it's still a very neutral stage and I can't fathom anyone except beginners having problems with it. Fairly neutral stages don't affect the outcome even close to that much. There's not even an argument for removing stages from a legitimate ruleset!

Last edited:

Loota

Smash Journeyman
While I respect the TO's decision and that large(?) request pool, this is a big disappointment, so to say. I've been fearing the movement to a Melee like stagelist for a long time and it's sad to see it happen here. I wonder what's the reasoning behind people's decisions on the matter but oh well...

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I have been thinking about it a lot, but the poll in the german boards were pretty onesided. In the end of the day the tournament is for the people, so when the majority prefers to play without them, then why not, I leave it up to the players to decide. And srsly I have been getting this request quite a lot! (I personally have voted for the "old" ruleset btw.)

Last edited:

mmKALLL

Smash Cadet
I can't understand people wanting to remove elements of competetiveness just because they don't want to spend time on learning them. Like come on, is playing on a different stage than Smashville once per year THAT horrible? As I said, there's not even an argument there - just because players don't like PS2 doesn't mean it should be banned, and just because it's legal doesn't even mean you have to play on that stage, like, ever.

I understand banning stages being hip and all, what with Japan clearly dominating the scene a couple of years ago and that must obviously be the resultant of playing on less stages blah blah blah, but I think people really should ask themselves whether or not banning stages in A.D. 2014 is really necessary before joining aboard the bandwagon.

Besides, tournament organizers have through the ages had the power, and even though there are a couple of people who legitimately have problems with the idea of playing on PS2 (and then proceed to not do a **** about it), the bandwagoners are a large majority. From since the beginnings of the Melee scene, there have been arguments about these things but often the most informed have been the TOs. If they've made a decision regarding the rules, people have followed - often some/most having something against it, but it has quickly settled to be a non-issue. This is a normal aspect in human psychology, and one that creates a unique mechanism in the favour of stage conservatists. All in all, I can't imagine anyone being extremely unhappy with the whole tournament afterwards due to having to play one match on PS2/Frigate while adding greatly to the depth of the game from a competetive perspective for those who like them. Especially when PS2 isn't even a starter!

Last edited:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
...a non-issue...
Thats actually not true. And that's the problem. I have been asked to change the ruleset quite often. So there is an issue, even if it's root is subjective preferation of one ruleset over the other. Even though the people would still enter, despite not liking the ruleset, they werent really happy about it. And the poll has been pretty clear too, about 75% of the people wanted the stages gone, and people even thanked me for doing so already, lol.

I know what youre trying to say, and as said, I am on "your" side too, so I fully understand (And kinda gree) your complains. But you should never forget what this tournament is about. It's about having a good time while playing some brawl with other people. And if most people prefer to play without the stages (Which has already been shown to be the case), then I dont see any reason to not changing it. Its easy as that to me.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Good news about the stages. I actually like them but facing a Metaknight in Delfino/Halberd/Frigate is just painful.

Was just going to say I wasn't going to enter Melee singles after thinking about it but I just saw that it starts 1 hour earlier than brawl so I won't have to play both games at the same time. Awesome!

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Hey guys, this will be my second major tournament (The first having 45 entries) and I'm really excited to play everyone. Leon and I will be sharing a hotel room and we may (50/50) open the room up for training on Thursday. If you're interested in coming over to warm up for the tournament, let me know via private message.

NOTE: We can't accept more than 3-4 people, so the first 3-4 that PMs me will get the cut.

Good luck!

b0kken

Smash Rookie
We all (spanish people) are staying in a flat on Jungfernheider since today.
We're interested on playing some Brawl before the tournament but the problem is that we got no TV.

If anyone lives in the sorroundings and is interested on playing us all just answer me back in this post

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
You may better try it in the german board: http://forum.germansmash.de/showthr...-Berlin-15-17-August-2014&p=769430#post769430
Its way more likely than here that people from the region will read it, as I am the only Berlin Smasher who is active here.

I would be interested in meeting you, but I cant invite all of you at the same time to my place, 5 people are too many, sry :/
If you are still interested let me know!

I could also possibly lend you a TV for the time, which you could simply bring to the tournament, if you want to and if its possible at the place where you are :) (Hotel?)

Last edited:

L!ver

Smash Cadet
NNID
Livastyle
as I am the only Berlin Smasher who is active here.
NO!
xD
Yea, actually i would host something, because there are so many smasher already in berlin, almost the half of all.
But today i have to do alot of things for the tourney and from tomorrow until the tournament i have so many people here, it would be to many. But, you don't have a TV? What a **** hotel :D

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Hi there, just wanted to say that I decided not to enter melee singles at the end, lol. I'll still enter the other melee events tho

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Guys, if possible bring consoles! We have loooots of TVs, but maybe not enough Consoles!!!

Bringing a console isnt hard! (It doesnt matter which kind of console, everything counts!)
Also multiple plugs if possible :)

L!ver

Smash Cadet
NNID
Livastyle
Berlin is awesome. Asked on facebook for some TV's 2 days ago, now i'll get > 20 for the tournament :D

and yes, we need MEHRFACHSTECKER!!!!

b0kken

Smash Rookie
Anyone who is interested on playing some brawl today could come to JungfernHeide.

I'll be checking this post for those who are on the mood on playing a little bit, you can add me via skype too! pablo_1994.15

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
The stream is off..., does anbody know something about this?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I will tell you, that we had some REALLY UNEXPECTED problem, unfortunaly.

It just so happens (This is the first time), that the Router for the internet says that we have reached the maximum of data transfer... which really sucks. We will try to somehow fix this problem today, but I cant garuantee it at all, I wish I could >,<

So far you can AT LEAST (I know this is a lot worse) follow the tournament advancements on challonge ---> http://challonge.com/users/AndyKuma

Top Bottom