• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Audio Request

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
If you can find this song in a non-extended version I'll try and get it done today. I can't promise the looping is going to be 100% perfect, though.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I've been working on this for a couple days now when I get the chance but I've been running into problems. I've gotten it to work but it comes out very quiet and crackly. The last couple of songs I did were a while ago so I must have forgotten some step.

If I can get this one to come out right I'd be glad to do another request.

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
I've been working on this for a couple days now when I get the chance but I've been running into problems. I've gotten it to work but it comes out very quiet and crackly. The last couple of songs I did were a while ago so I must have forgotten some step.

If I can get this one to come out right I'd be glad to do another request.
Ah ok its ok no rush, if there's any problem with the video that I linked whether it be the length or anything let me know and I'll find another one

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Cool. Well for the 20XX pack, I'd like to replace the normal menu music with The Comfy Room by InternetExplorer. I think it's really great.
I was actually planning on adding in all of IE's music at some point but if my memory serves correct some of the downloads were either never posted or lost.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I was actually planning on adding in all of IE's music at some point but if my memory serves correct some of the downloads were either never posted or lost.
More than a few of them have been lost thanks to the Great Host Extinction. But I'm sure we can find a copy or two floating in the abyss that is a file index. Maybe.

Also, I really need to learn how to do music. I'm not comfortable with requesting others to do my work for me. So one of these days, would you be able to give me brief walkthrough/explanation/hold my hand and show me how to do it?

I got so lost so quickly...it was discouraging.

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
this would be some awesome menu music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsY3wZIafc8

I would really appreciate it if someone has the time and leizure to convert it :)
Doing music in melee is so hugely complicated.
Wham, bamn, you're welcome sir/mam. I actually use it on my custom 20XX Melee.
http://www.reddit.com/r/BRSTM/comments/299eoj/submission_juicy_fruit_huw_williams/
Once last question though is how do I add it to the iso using GCRebuilder, it says the file size is too large and I can't import it to the iso. Am I doing something the wrong way or what?
Export out your root in GCRebuilder into a folder like Melee Custom. Prepare your .iso for music hacks by deleting MvOmake15.mth and MvHowto.mth then replacing each of those with a renamed MvEndGanon.mth to reduce file size. You should then be able to replace the file in your Melee Custom folder and rebuild with GCRebuilder.

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776

Export out your root in GCRebuilder into a folder like Melee Custom. Prepare your .iso for music hacks by deleting MvOmake15.mth and MvHowto.mth then replacing each of those with a renamed MvEndGanon.mth to reduce file size. You should then be able to replace the file in your Melee Custom folder and rebuild with GCRebuilder.
That's a big help. I realized that after I posted that it worked that it froze every time it tried to loop, but I bet this is the reason why, so thanks

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice

you sir are godlike!
thank you very much :*

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776

I'm still having the problem where every time the song attemps to loop at around one minute and 29 seconds into it, the game freezes. I deleted the files that you said and replaced them with MvEndGanon.mth, and I know because I was able to check in game. Is there something I'm still doing wrong? Any help is appreciated

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
I'm still having the problem where every time the song attemps to loop at around one minute and 29 seconds into it, the game freezes. I deleted the files that you said and replaced them with MvEndGanon.mth, and I know because I was able to check in game. Is there something I'm still doing wrong? Any help is appreciated
I tested it in Dolphin and saw no problems. Did you replace the .hps file normally or through the import function of GCRebuilder?

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
I tested it in Dolphin and saw no problems. Did you replace the .hps file normally or through the import function of GCRebuilder?
I assume that's where the problem was. I'm using this on my 20xx hack pack, and when my friend let me copy and use his since his was a newer version, I noticed that dios mios didn't load the melee iso when it booted up, it just read the root folder (as in on the sd card, in the games folder, instead of it being GALE01 -> iso, it was GALE01-> root, so all the files were there, just not in iso format). When dios mios reads it, it says Super Smash bros melee (fst), instead of (iso), but It works completely fine, so I don't know if its a problem or not, so I just copied the new .hps file and pasted in the root folder, then made the changes you told me to, then just booted it back up, is that not something I should have done?

Last edited:

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
I assume that's where the problem was. I'm using this on my 20xx hack pack, and when my friend let me copy and use his since his was a newer version, I noticed that dios mios didn't load the melee iso when it booted up, it just read the root folder (as in on the sd card, in the games folder, instead of it being GALE01 -> iso, it was GALE01-> root, so all the files were there, just not in iso format). When dios mios reads it, it says Super Smash bros melee (fst), instead of (iso), but It works completely fine, so I don't know if its a problem or not, so I just copied the new .hps file and pasted in the root folder, then made the changes you told me to, then just booted it back up, is that not something I should have done?
I would try rebuilding as an .iso instead. If you proceed to have problems I'll PM you something to assist.

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
Oops didn't mean to post here

Last edited:
Top Bottom