• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN fox players

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
STOP ASKING ABOUT THE CHAIN GRAB PERCENT AND FOLLOWS IN THE QNA THREAD

Just post here with your stuff / questions / suggestions / cool **** that might be worth using or trying

Percents
Fox: 0 - 50
Falco: 0 - 55

This assumes no DI / slight DI

If they DI away it works up to like 80 for both of them

What do you do to finish CG?
Short answer is, U-tilt combo.

At 50ish you can U-tilt --> U-tilt --> U-tilt --> aerial

What M2K sometimes does is U-tilt --> U-tilt --> SHFFL Uair (1st hit only) --> move

You can also go for something like U-tilt --> Uair --> Uair if you just want to rack damage; Bair can replace the second Uair, as can most aerials

U-smashing at 50 is a waste unless you're facing the edge and are relatively close to it (or similar situations) and U-tilt is better in every way

U-tilt is good at 50-65 (not exact percents) because if they DI it away you can combo regrab or (if you're really technical) you can dash --> dash cancel --> U-tilt. So you have an easy, obvious counter for their DI away. You can sometimes SHFFL Uair on the DI away from U-tilt, which is also good. You CANNOT do that if they DI away from your U-smash. After about 55 you have to start delaying the U-tilt somewhat after the throw

You can obviously do more like try to U-tilt --> weak Bair --> F-smash or whatever and it sometimes will work but these are just the EASY things you can do

And none of it has changed in like 3 years

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i wanna see fox's start using fair at some point arund 55-80ish when the actual chaingrab stops working.

but nobody has balls so its up to meeeeee

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
whats so great about f-air? you just kick them and lcancel i think thats a little to intense bro!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
more like 50 for fox and 55 for falco

and its up tilt once or twice (i forget) then shuffle Uair first hit only, then something else... you said regrab how the **** do you do that you can't noob

if they keep DIing fully you can CG to about 80 though, bit less for fox bit more for falco

Vincent46

Smash Cadet
Are you sure it starts from 0%? I spent some time in training mode and I seem to have problems regrabbing Falco (dunno about Fox) if he DIs away below like 20%, mainly because dashing backwards and then grabbing seems slower than dashing forward and then grabbing, for some reason.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
For these combos, does it matter if they DI away/in front of your versus DI'ing behind you?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
U-tilt is good at 50-65 (not exact percents) because if they DI it away you can combo regrab or (if you're really technical) you can dash --> dash cancel --> U-tilt. So you have an easy, obvious counter for their DI away. You can sometimes SHFFL Uair on the DI away from U-tilt, which is also good. You CANNOT do that if they DI away from your U-smash. After about 55 you have to start delaying the U-tilt somewhat after the throw

I will thank you for reading the OP

4 Aces

Smash Ace
*sigh* No, you misread my post. When you say DI away, does it matter if they DI forward or behind you? You never specified, so I wasn't sure of what exactly you meant.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :/

Top Bottom