• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention WIFI hackers! Beware of error code 20102!

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
http://www.mariokartwii.com/f7/solution-repairing-error-code-20102-hackers-ban-40450.html

Nintendo is starting to ban any hackers that go on wifi. Now, I do not know if this affects friend matches, but if it does, you should avoid playing Brawl+ with friends online. While some of you might think this is a good thing, this might also decrease the amount of target test/wifi training room matches you will find on With Anyone, which ultimately makes taunt parties a lot more boring.

If you get banned, try calling Nintendo to try and lift the ban. They will only give you one more chance. After that, you will be perma-banned.

If you don't want to call Nintendo, try formatting your Wii. This will assign it a new friend code. Then, use a different IP address. This will most likely fix the ban.

Here is the error code page on the official Nintendo website, for those non-believers.

Online hackers, HACK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
Well, since they ban your Wii FC, IP address, and MAC address, you would have to change both the IP and FC(by formatting the Wii). Although, there is always the chance that it may not work, in which case, you have to call Nintendo.

Oh, and the ban affects all wifi games. So if you are receiving the error code in Brawl, you will receive it in all of your other Wifi games.

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
Are you serious? I love melee so much I was serisouly thinking of hacking brawl to brawl+ and playing with friends... aw man

Ange

Smash Lord
That sucks. I had some thoughts to test hacks online. Ahwell.

But I do have one question. What number should you call if you get banned in Europe?

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Are you serious? I love melee so much I was serisouly thinking of hacking brawl to brawl+ and playing with friends... aw man
this ban is only intended for wifi hackers. So if you were planning to install HBC for brawl+ with your friends offline it would be very unlikely you'd get banned.

From what i have read this ban is primarily aimed at MKwii hackers, I'm not sure if anyone has been banned for brawl hacking alone. As far as that goes you can hack your face off so long as your offline. To date just having homebrew on your system does not mean you'll be banned (hasn't for me anyway).

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
The hackers will probably just find a way to avoid the ban. LOL.
Just take the WAD of HBC and change the ticket. Simple.
Aww, that sucks. Brawl hacks are virtually harmless, and are meant to be fun. Why, Nintendo, why T_T
I think it's to stop all the Giga Bowsers. There's been a lot more sightings lately.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
This ban mainly pertains to Mario Kart Wii because of all the complaints they got. They only care about you hacking online, not that you have the homebrew channel installed or any of that. The way they detect you hacking is by viewing the actual race/match on screen. It's very unlikely they view brawl matches since there's little to no real hacking like there is on MKWii, and isn't detectable like it is on MKWii.

Any of your long replay hacks and music and stage hacks and whatever else are next to impossible to pin point by viewing. You should only worry if you use giga bowser or warioman hacks. Also, getting banned in one games makes you banned in all games.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
At first I was scared I got banned, but it was just error code 20100. :p

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
Wasn't this all because there was a certain player who was ROYALLY messing up MKWii? I think I remember hearing about it, it wasn't overall hackers, just this ONE person seemed to ruin EVERYTHING.

I forget the specifics, but that's what comes to mind.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Hacking on MKWii was a huge problem. Brawl is different; hackers generally only desynch the game (in which case the non-hackers see themselves winning the game handily) or play on a weird stage (which isn't a real problem).

It would be really annoying if a simple brawl+ friend match caused a ban. Can anyone confirm?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
No more Mario Kart Wii hackers!?! I can play online on that game again. =D

It's weird that people wanted others to leave with anyone by doing hacking cheats, now they can't do it or they will get banned, lol.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
about **** time - I'm sick of logging into a With Anyone, me and 2 others wanna fight, and someone is super Wario/giga bowser/completely invincible and just gets in the **** way

If you just wanna show off, then just stand there and taunt, don't get in the middle of the fight and slaughter anyone you can reach. :mad:

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
God Dammit!

...I really want to use those codes for taunt parties. :(
Eh, whatever. I'll take the risk once.:chuckle:
Tell me how that goes. I found a Wario-man/Giga Bowser (switched one battle) but we randomly got DC'ed when he started attacking this annoying guy (though he deserved it). By he I mean the annoying guy.

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
Tell me how that goes. I found a Wario-man/Giga Bowser (switched one battle) but we randomly got DC'ed when he started attacking this annoying guy (though he deserved it). By he I mean the annoying guy.
Eh...I always end up desynching.

Ironically, right after I disabled the code, I was put in a match with Warioman. Luckily, he had the same purpose as I did, to be a taunt party guard. It was fun, but it did end up randomly disconnecting on target test.:dizzy:

I'll give it a go one more time.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Eh...I always end up desynching.

Ironically, right after I disabled the code, I was put in a match with Warioman. Luckily, he had the same purpose as I did, to be a taunt party guard. It was fun, but it did end up randomly disconnecting on target test.:dizzy:

I'll give it a go one more time.
Eh, since so many people are taking the risk I'll do too. Every single hacked character seems to have been a guard during a taunt party. It's not like I'm gonna fight so Nintendo won't have a reason to ban me for cheating. I'm also trying to see if the code can be modified so button activators can activate/deactivate it.
Do you think we'll get banned if we turn others into Giga Bowser? It would be hilarious if I turned someone else into Giga Bowser, Nintendo thinks that guy is the hacker and ban him.

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
Eh, since so many people are taking the risk I'll do too. Every single hacked character seems to have been a guard during a taunt party. It's not like I'm gonna fight so Nintendo won't have a reason to ban me for cheating. I'm also trying to see if the code can be modified so button activators can activate/deactivate it.
Do you think we'll get banned if we turn others into Giga Bowser? It would be hilarious if I turned someone else into Giga Bowser, Nintendo thinks that guy is the hacker and ban him.
I've had very little success with this code. Something tells me hetoan released these as a joke.(notice the date he released them on.)

And the button activator should work, but it doesnt work for me with the online music modifier...

And if the button modifier doesnt work, then there is a very good chance he was using a USB Gecko.

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally got it to work. This is too cool.XD

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I went on Wi-Fi as Wario-Man yesterday. We spent an hour waiting and when we finally found room, I was so bored I decided to beat everyone up. I spent the time beating everybody up but only racking up damage so my sister could get the kills. Oddly, I didn't get banned (yet?).

Vel

Smash Apprentice
I went on Wi-Fi as Wario-Man ... I decided to beat everyone up.
This. This is why I hope they ban hackers off Wifi. I don't care if you hack just so you can taunt and not be touched, but after doing something like this, you should be banned

Wiping the floor with scrubs because you're more skilled is one thing - using a cheat so you're invincible, can't possibly be touched, and you go around killing everyone - that's quite another.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Not all hackers are bad. A lot of us don't even use codes on WiFi! I am a hacker, and I spend my time making codes that are FUN *cough*diddy's nintendogs gun*cough*

Don't make a generalization of all hackers when you don't know all of them. For example, Phantom Wings, Igglyboo, Spunit, and Jose Gallardo are awesome. They make hacking great!

Edit: Diddy's Kyogre gun is so BROKEN!!! It makes Metaknight look bad!!! OMG Diddy for top tier!!!

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I don't see how they would be able to pinpoint textures. You're the only one that can see them, the other player online just sees the normal costumes.

Top Bottom