• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Gamers: Stop Calling Yourselves Hardcore

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol at all the new guys posting here.

And I'd like to take this psot and say that I, am officially Advanced (Advanced- You are like the Proud gamer, but you aren't just satisfied with beat your game and going back. You spend your time and attempt to get everything the first time. You are into speed runs as well. At times, if you enjoy the game enough, you go out to break the game. You don't NEED a strategy guide because you're the guy everyone goes to for information. You might be that guy on GameFaqs that writes their own guide. You know how to have fun and be serious. You might even be that "Pro" gamer that everyone loves. You probably have a few old systems and still play the games. You know that it's not always graphics that make a game, but the quality of a game. You're also a fan of older games BECAUSE of how great a game's quality was. You'll find a game's emulator if you can't get it. At times, you may consider yourself hardcore.)

Here orig post lol

Hmm, Can't say I'm actually that amazing lol I'd say Competative at best. Hardcore makes us sound like it's all we do :(

lol, well according to the list...you'd probably fall under proud gamer. Maybe advanced. It means you're safe, xD. I wonder if we should start a thread discussion specifically for that...
Oh... Cool :) makes me Proud :D
haha I'd talk about it if there was such a thing

D

d74nv4

Lol at all the new guys posting here.
Hardcore is a beautiful word on it's own. And when you combine it with another it can make something seem even better or worse. Anyway, if you see the negative side of being called a dedicated smasher then you really aren't one IMO :p.

urfat

Smash Cadet
Hardcore is a beautiful word on it's own. And when you combine it with another it can make something seem even better or worse. Anyway, if you see the negative side of being called a dedicated smasher then you really aren't one IMO :p.
i like this, i find that i try not to be recognised as a "dedicated smasher" because not trying to pretend to be hella smooth with chicks but there is a stigma there, i love ssb 64-brawl and yet at the point where it becomes a definitive part of me i shy away... so if there is any classifier i prefer "advanced"

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
All in all...hardcore just doesn't describe what most people are. Especially for me, xD. Most people aren't THAT dedicated to the game. Hardcore still...all in all...is like obsessive. How many people would say they are obsessive...especially to a hardcore level?

Btw, in response to 1 lucky Pikachu...well in most cases...hardcore is used in replacement of die hard. I still haven't figured out which is worse nowadays. Since BOTH are used. Actually...I take that back. A "die hard" Poke'mon fan would just mean that you REALLY like poke'mon and know a HUGE amount about it. Whereas a "Hardcore" poke'mon fan would be obsessed with it. Like...Poke'mon is their life, xD.

Oh god...I really want to thank you for that. I almost forgot the term "Die hard" existed. I should probably insert it into the "list".

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
i WAS hardcore, then i got a gf, then i sold my game systems (all of them cept the wii/ds), but i studied everything from unreleased titles to specs of old ataris... it was like an addiction... I would get so competitive and even more mad when i'd face disappointment... originally, games were a way to calm myself down, but then it became something different... hardcore isnt a title, it's a lifestyle and a way that you live via videogames... dont get my wrong i still need my fixes every once in a while, but i'm nowhere near where i sued to be in the insanity department... oh yeah we didnt snort crushed NES controllers, that wouldve been a waste of a pefectly good controller (unless its 3rd party then crush away)...

highfive

Smash Lord
hmm. I'll believe you this time. I'm pretty sure that a video game can corrupt a person from doing other things. After a while I get tired of video games and just go out and do something with my friends. It's especially good to do that if you have a bad gaming day too. I guess you have to find your middle ground. I'm also sure that someone who is hardcore thinks about the game 23/7 (an hour to sleep) while someone who is die hard will continue playing the franchise even after introducing characters that no one has even heard of. Or have ever starred in their own games.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
as a whole, the entire Hardcore and Casual labelng was just some ******** thing made by some guys to seperate the new generation of gamers from those who have been playing since the SNES days(like myself.) I didn't really mind-even back when the terms were Old School gamers and Mainstream Gamers- but now the term for hardcore gaming is no longer"people who have played games since childhood" but now "people who play mature themed games". now apparently, a game is only hardcore if it you play Mature themed games. Bull****. Bull-****ing-****. Just because a game like TP has darker themes than WW doesn't mean it's more hardcore. just because Mario desn't have a mature storyline means that it's not for hardcore gamers anymore. these so called true gamers only made this definition because this generation is enamored with a videogame series no one gave two ****s about over 10 years ago, but since it's the new thing, they clung to it and said "if any game is not like this, it's not a hardcore game." so essentially, Hardcores are more like Mainstream gamers than they think.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
this thread...needs to stop NOW.
seriously, all it is now is a "OMGZ post count +1"
wicked stuff guys.

getting Azua

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
this thread...needs to stop NOW.
seriously, all it is now is a "OMGZ post count +1"
wicked stuff guys.

getting Azua
This thread just annoys me. It's like everytime I'm on the main page this is always the new post! I think the main subject matter of this thread has been reached haha. I don't get why this thread is so popular :ohwell:

And also Cherry: +1 for me :p (just for the lulz)

highfive

Smash Lord
Whatever.^^ Just give up and go back up to the norm right? Wrong. Hardcore I guess is people who decorate their rooms like the game or wear costumes while playing said game and diehards are those who play the game no matter which way it goes.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This thread just annoys me. It's like everytime I'm on the main page this is always the new post! I think the main subject matter of this thread has been reached haha. I don't get why this thread is so popular :ohwell:

And also Cherry: +1 for me :p (just for the lulz)
LOL, I remember first posting on this thread....on the first page! XD

Seriously, can't we just like organize a few constructive ideas/posts of people on the first post of different consensus & let it die?

Also, hardcore is confusing. Look at all the subgenres of music (especially punk & metal) & you get the point! XD

Also, the only thing that ever deserved the word "hardcore" to describe it is this!

+1 for me!
+1800 experience points for posting a Queen song.
Kokuna grew to level 9!
Kokuna used string shot!
It's super effective!
Kokuna got the foe pregnant! o_O *random*

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
What I'm confused with is why people keep changing the definition of "Hard core". It's always the media, the public, or gamers like ourselves that keep changing that definition. And it varies too much between people that maybe this thread DOES need to stop. It's sometimes better to let people have their own definitions of hardcore, instead of introducing them to different people and starting conflict. It's not like it is IMPORTANT to be hardcore anyway. So why are we making a big fuss about it. And the reason why people keep making this thread popular, is because people have such a vast defintition of hardcore that people are talking about their different definitions.

And I totally agree with the auther that people need to stop calling us hardcore.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I have more than enough credentials to call myself a hardcore gamer. Finding and clearing Special Zone at 5 years of age was only a start. Clearing Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels at 7 was another.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
What I'm confused with is why people keep changing the definition of "Hard core". It's always the media, the public, or gamers like ourselves that keep changing that definition. And it varies too much between people that maybe this thread DOES need to stop. It's sometimes better to let people have their own definitions of hardcore, instead of introducing them to different people and starting conflict. It's not like it is IMPORTANT to be hardcore anyway. So why are we making a big fuss about it. And the reason why people keep making this thread popular, is because people have such a vast defintition of hardcore that people are talking about their different definitions.

And I totally agree with the auther that people need to stop calling us hardcore.
I agree with you all the way.
But why did you have to bump it in the first place?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Let.This.Die.

Azua decided not to vent anger and close this thread which is quiet sad really.

this doesn't need to be bumped by anyone, Please QuuenKilljoy (Azua) Kill this ****ing thread.

Top Bottom