• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention:Calling Out All Florida Brawlers! 1/22/2011 through 1/23/2011

chino0814

Smash Cadet
HI! WELCOME TO MY FIRST THREAD MADE EVER!
WE'RE OUT LOOKING FOR ALL THE BEST BRAWLERS OUT IN CENTRAL FLORIDA TO FIND OUT WHICH PLAYER RISES TO THE TOP . ANY OTHER COAST IS MORE THAN WELCOME. ONLY THE TOP 3 WILL WIN PRIZES (IF WE HAVE MORE THAN 30 PEOPLE ATTENDING, ANY LESS THAN THAT, ONLY 1ST PLAYER WILL WIN THE WHOLE POT PRIZE).

DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO REACH THE TOP OF ALL FLORIDA SMASHERS?

PLACE- INet Gamerz 2244 West Columbia Avenue Kissimmee ,FL 34741

WHEN- 1/22/2011 thru 1/23/2011

TIME-
-Singles 1/22/2011 11:00 a.m to ?
-Doubles 1/22/2011 Doubles will start immediately after Singles is Over.

NOTE: You can come in early for Friendlies!

Prizes:
If there are less than or equal to ten teams in the bracket:

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

If there are more than ten teams in the bracket:

1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

SINGLES PAYOUTS

If there are less than or equal to thirty two people entering singles:

1st 50%
2nd 35%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

If there are more than thirty two people entering singles:

1st 48%
2nd 22%
3rd 14%
4th 8%
5th 4%
5th 4%

1V1 Brawl
NAMES ON THE LIST WILL BE 10 DOLLARS -PER PERSON.
5 dollar fee at the door.

2v2 Brawl
Group Names on the list will be 20 dollars- per Group
At the door, it will be 15 dollars per person.

Note:I suggest whoever is coming to brawl out to write down their names on the list so it would be cheaper to Enter.

Rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, higher seeded players have the choice of controller port. If there is a question of who is the higher seed, let the TO decide.

* Like APEX, players will be permitted to have 1 coach that sits with them during the match and may assist them. Between games, players may individually take up to 3 minutes to consult players but must make a counterpick or ban choice with in 3 minutes of the previous match ending. If you do not make a CP or Ban choice within 3 minutes of the first game ending, you will lose that game. The lone exception to this is if there was a ruling question that required a TO's attention. If there is any dispute on this, please find a TO right away. This rule will not be strictly enforced but the idea is to keep you from stalling a match looking for a coach. Please don't test my patience on this.

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well. You may also use the G&W Judgment hammer method as well to decide this.

* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color.

* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned. Extending it via the air is acceptable.

* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. The opposing party has EVERY RIGHT TO CALL A JUDGE TO DQ YOU FOR PAUSING MID MATCH TO FIX THIS. I recommend x+y+starting before each match.

* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. We do not care what the reasoning is. If you pause, you lose a stock. Unless there is a fire or the tv loses power there shouldn't be any pausing of the game period.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* If there is an action that causes a freeze that doesn't require a game reset, you must hit that player out of stun immediately. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the team that initiated the freeze glitch. (See the diddy teams freeze glitch as an example)

* Matches and Pools will be called. Do not play matches on your own. If players play a match out of order in the tournament bracket, Both players will be disqualified and the person that was skipped over will advance past both of them.

* Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results of this happening is whatever the game says. Even if the Ganon/DeDeDe/Kirby dies first. If the game reports sudden death, please refer to sudden death procedures (see below.)

* Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

*"Continuous Sharking" is banned. This can be denoted as flying under the stage repeatedly with any character that can glide, just to fly back to the other side again without approaching the opponent. First offense will be a warning, 2nd will be a stock, and 3rd will be the game.

* There will be a 50 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 50 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 50 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

* There will be a combined 110 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 110 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both teams have over 110 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

*Wiimotes and classic controllers are allowed but we would prefer if you used gamecube. You are responsible for your controller. Take any necessary actions to prevent interference such as removing batteries. If we find your wiimote has interrupted or impededed a tourney set, you will be disqualified from the event.

Stage Lists--

Starter Stages: (Top seed strikes 2 stages first, then the other player strikes 3 stages, then the top seed picks between the final 2 remaining stages)

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick stages: (each player receives 1 ban per set)

Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.

Singles List-
1.Timmy
2.Alex
3.Chad
4.Oscar
5.Chino
6.Richard
7.Jazz
8.Radix

FOR WHATEVER EXCUSE THAT YOU CANNOT MAKE IT--- POST IT UP AND WE WILL ALL FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HOPE TO SEE MANY OF YOU FL BRAWLERS SOON! Invite your friends!

dskank

Smash Journeyman
yes. cash is the prize. 1st player takes 65% 2nd 30% 3rd 10%
Doubles is on there. read carefully
doubles is on there
Yes its up there
Tourney Is Updated!
um.. cool story bro, congrats on the quintuple post lol

This seems kinda Fishy
i agree with viper. anyone who goes to this is sure to wake up in a bath-tub filled with ice and missing a couple kidneys lol jk

15 at door; is the door fee 15$ or 10 for tourney and five at the door?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Yeah Chino

Your OP is all over the place. We already know who the best Brawlers in Florida are.

And to note, no one will go to this if door fee is anything above $5. Most won't go unless door fee is like $3.

chino0814

Smash Cadet
Ay yo CHINO

Wassup man, it's been forever. You playing this game again? Did you ever stop? LOL last time I saw you was at Winterfest.
yeah i stop playing for a whole year lol. i just got back into the game because me and my friends were talking about doing a tournament. here it is.

chino0814

Smash Cadet
um.. cool story bro, congrats on the quintuple post lol

i agree with viper. anyone who goes to this is sure to wake up in a bath-tub filled with ice and missing a couple kidneys lol jk

15 at door; is the door fee 15$ or 10 for tourney and five at the door?

i put my address as the place but across my house there is INet Gamerz Store, Im gonna change it tomorrow when i get the address from there. if you put your name on the List is 10 dollars, at the door is a 5 dollar fee. which is makes 15. i hope you guys don't think its a fraud or whatever you think it is. Im really doing this to have fun and meet new brawlers so i hope you guys can make it and tell your friends about it.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I was trying to see if I could host tournies there. I sent an email to the site (since I don't have a way to get there normally) but they didn't respond.

How did you set this up?

chino0814

Smash Cadet
I was trying to see if I could host tournies there. I sent an email to the site (since I don't have a way to get there normally) but they didn't respond.

How did you set this up?
I live a minute away from the store. I talked to the owner and we simply agreed on making a brawl tourney happen. It would only work out with the more people we put on the list so spread the word for me bro. thanks

DFEAR

Smash Hero
FOR WHATEVER EXCUSE THAT YOU CANNOT MAKE IT--- POST IT UP AND WE WILL ALL FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HOPE TO SEE MANY OF YOU FL BRAWLERS SOON! Invite your friends!
i live in the southern part of the bahamas? can u help?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Chino, I'ma help you out with the details.

I'll do it later today, I'm too tired now.

Edit: Why are doubles and singles different days? They should be on the same day.

I think we should use this payout system

[collapse="Payouts"]
clowsui][B]DOUBLES PAYOUTS[/B] If there are less than or equal to ten teams in the bracket: 1st 60% 2nd 30% 3rd 10% If there are more than ten teams in the bracket: 1st 50% 2nd 25% 3rd 15% 4th 10% [B]SINGLES PAYOUTS[/B] If there are less than or equal to thirty two people entering singles: 1st 50% 2nd 35% 3rd 15% 4th 10% If there are more than thirty two people entering singles: 1st 48% 2nd 22% 3rd 14% 4th 8% 5th 4% 5th 4%[/quote][/collapse] I also think we should use these rules [collapse="Pound V Ruleset said:
Might make this look better later.

*POUND* 5 RULESET

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, higher seeded players have the choice of controller port. If there is a question of who is the higher seed, let the TO decide.

* Like APEX, players will be permitted to have 1 coach that sits with them during the match and may assist them. Between games, players may individually take up to 3 minutes to consult players but must make a counterpick or ban choice with in 3 minutes of the previous match ending. If you do not make a CP or Ban choice within 3 minutes of the first game ending, you will lose that game. The lone exception to this is if there was a ruling question that required a TO's attention. If there is any dispute on this, please find a TO right away. This rule will not be strictly enforced but the idea is to keep you from stalling a match looking for a coach. Please don't test my patience on this.

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well. You may also use the G&W Judgment hammer method as well to decide this.

* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color.

* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned. Extending it via the air is acceptable.

* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. The opposing party has EVERY RIGHT TO CALL A JUDGE TO DQ YOU FOR PAUSING MID MATCH TO FIX THIS. I recommend x+y+starting before each match.

* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. We do not care what the reasoning is. If you pause, you lose a stock. Unless there is a fire or the tv loses power there shouldn't be any pausing of the game period.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* If there is an action that causes a freeze that doesn't require a game reset, you must hit that player out of stun immediately. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the team that initiated the freeze glitch. (See the diddy teams freeze glitch as an example)

* Matches and Pools will be called. Do not play matches on your own. If players play a match out of order in the tournament bracket, Both players will be disqualified and the person that was skipped over will advance past both of them.

* Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results of this happening is whatever the game says. Even if the Ganon/DeDeDe/Kirby dies first. If the game reports sudden death, please refer to sudden death procedures (see below.)

* Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 3 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 3 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie via suicide kill, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set. Basically a "triple overtime" is the limit.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

*"Continuous Sharking" is banned. This can be denoted as flying under the stage repeatedly with any character that can glide, just to fly back to the other side again without approaching the opponent. First offense will be a warning, 2nd will be a stock, and 3rd will be the game.

* There will be a 50 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 50 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 50 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

* There will be a combined 110 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 110 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both teams have over 110 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

*Wiimotes and classic controllers are allowed but we would prefer if you used gamecube. You are responsible for your controller. Take any necessary actions to prevent interference such as removing batteries. If we find your wiimote has interrupted or impededed a tourney set, you will be disqualified from the event.

Stage Lists--

Starter Stages: (Top seed strikes 2 stages first, then the other player strikes 3 stages, then the top seed picks between the final 2 remaining stages)

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick stages: (each player receives 1 ban per set)

Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.

Please let me know if I missed anything obvious as this is quite a comprehensive set so there is a chance I could have missed something. But for the most part, this is what you'll be playing with at Pound 5.
[/collapse]

Two-Ell

Smash Master
posting in here for subscription. I wanna see how this goes and if you guys can make this into a series.

You might want to come up with a name though lol. I don't know what to title this when I update the FL thread.

:rosalina:

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
would love to go but i haven't worked in 2 weeks and need that weekend to rack up some hours.

Top Bottom