• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ATTENTION* all University of Maryland College Park Students.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
A friend of mine who is a part of the SGA(Brian Lentz) is starting "The Video Gamer's Club" at the University. This club will allow for monthly tournaments to take place on campus.

These tournaments will include the following games:

-Super Smash Brothers Brawl

-Super Smash Brothers Melee

-Street Fighter IV

-Street Fighter HD Remix

-Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Cash prizes will be handed out to the top 3 players for each game.

What Brian needs from you:

-Your first and last name

-Your Uid Number

-Your student email address.

send your information to BDL.Lentz@gmail.com

DON'T POST ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD

We need at least 30 people to get the ball rolling so every person counts.

TOURNAMETS WILL BE OPEN TO ALL; STUDENTS AND NON-STUDENTS

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
How would these(the melee tournaments at least) be different from the Shell Shocked tourneys we already run? Ie would we be getting a better venue?

I'm all for it being recognized by the school, but I'm just curious how it would be any different than what we already do.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Wait the tourney is open to everyone right?

What does this mean:

What Brian needs from you:

-Your first and last name

-Your Uid Number

-Your student email address.

????

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
No, we need the students to start the club. But when we run tournaments anyone can enter.

Also, Chred we're gonna be getting some the good rooms that umcp has, and also possible funding to get equipment(maybe), that's how it'll be different. so get all of your friends to join! :D

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
The Commons in general are amazing. But it's possible to get bigger rooms than the Commons (Cambridge Community Center, Stamp Union, CSPAC)

GL with this, GIMR. You go to UMCP?

EDIT: On a side note, TGIF. Any Brawl players on campus want to meet up somewhere?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
The Commons in general are amazing. But it's possible to get bigger rooms than the Commons (Cambridge Community Center, Stamp Union, CSPAC)

EDIT: On a side note, TGIF. Any Brawl players on campus want to meet up somewhere?
nah I wish I went to UMCP lol. A good friend of mine is on the SGA and is pretty big in the student government.

also, we were thinking about using the Cabridge community Center( I think that was the one) to hold a huge event. Details for that will be up when we plan it if we plan it.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
nah I wish I went to UMCP lol. A good friend of mine is on the SGA and is pretty big in the student government.

also, we were thinking about using the Cabridge community Center( I think that was the one) to hold a huge event. Details for that will be up when we plan it if we plan it.
Yeah I got invited to the Peach Bowl on October 16. I am probably going to go and bring a set up. It's open to everyone because it's charity. 5 bucks only.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master

I mean, shell shocked doesn't happen in my apartment XD.

La Plata basement my friend. If it's a question of size that's easily large enough for anything short of pound, it's more of a question of convenience, as la plata basement requires a swipe to get into the building. Community center would be more easily accessable.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
So does chivalruse lol, that's why we use it, but we still have to let all the people coming to the tournament in, which means we CANT miss phone calls and such.

Novamero

Smash Rookie
I'm a freshman here at UMD-CP so i'm in.
I'm not that great but I want to find more melee players here at Maryland.
If anybody on or near campus wants to meet up with me PM me

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
I get done with classes between noon and 3 depending on the day.
I commute, so you'd have to catch me before I leave, but I'm always down to Melee if you've got a setup.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm a freshman here at UMD-CP so i'm in.
I'm not that great but I want to find more melee players here at Maryland.
If anybody on or near campus wants to meet up with me PM me
I get done with classes between noon and 3 depending on the day.
I commute, so you'd have to catch me before I leave, but I'm always down to Melee if you've got a setup.
I gots setup. I will call you.
send those emails!!!

(If you haven't already)

Top Bottom