• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

attack or smash c-stick for pit?

Reth92

Smash Cadet
I've been picking up pit for about a while now but I still can't decide myself on wich to choose. I play with the wii u fightpad, so from what I've seen, I don't experience the aerial momentum loss when using an aerial with the smash c-stick. I like having the option of smashing quickly on instinct to punish and the easier run up up-smashes that the smash c-stick provides, but attck c-stick helps a lot for spacing with d-tilts and ftilts.
What are your opinions on it? tell me your personnal preference

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Attack definitely, though largely for optimal walking jabs then aerial momentum or tilts/smashes. Basically if you press a diagonal with attack then you'll do a jab without slowing down, and this is important because Pit can slide while using jab 1 which helps to cover more options and mask the start-up. Also being able to easily Uair from a jump without accidentally jump-cancel-Usmashing is pretty handy.

Though, you may not notice it, but your aerial momentum is indeed being effected by the smash stick. Actually even with attack or special it effects momentum, but the difference is that it only happens for one frame. With smash it slows you down as long as it's held. So if you absent-mindedly hold a direction for some time that could make a match go bad very fast.

With attack, I recommend using a jump-cancelled-Usmash instead of just pressing up and A because it's more consistent when you have tap jump off. If you really want to save frames then you can use grab instead of A and you'll never get charge frames. Very consistent either way. Just hold up, press jump, and press A or grab. Similarly you can press down and grab to do a chargeless Dsmash but it's finicky... Any other advantage the smash stick could have like holding a direction and smashing the same way is easily replicated with A+B smash, like a crouching Dsmash.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I set tilts to C-stick because, if nothing else, tilts are harder to pull off in the heat of a match than smash attacks. Smash attacks are pretty easy to execute.

But I still use manual inputs to execute aerials.

Last edited:

komugi

Smash Rookie
I've been picking up pit for about a while now but I still can't decide myself on wich to choose. I play with the wii u fightpad, so from what I've seen, I don't experience the aerial momentum loss when using an aerial with the smash c-stick. I like having the option of smashing quickly on instinct to punish and the easier run up up-smashes that the smash c-stick provides, but attck c-stick helps a lot for spacing with d-tilts and ftilts.
What are your opinions on it? tell me your personnal preference

earth uses smash...which says a lot for you. theoretically, tilt is better than smash though.

Top Bottom