• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attack! Imperial Floral Assault Group! Sakura Shinguji for Smash Ultimate! (The Curtain Closes This Time, But the Taisho Era Continues...)

D

Deleted member

I have two really cool things to share.

First of all, thanks to the help of Discord user @Norbert011#0113 we finally have the first Sakura Wars PS4 Minecraft skin available online:

I really love the final result and the effort behind it, and I'm looking forward to using it when I get Minecraft Java Edition again.
The skin will be posted on Planet Minecraft later today under the tag Sakura Wars, for anyone interested in using it.

And on the topic of Minecraft, I also made a mod from the main Steve Smashcord server want Sakura Amamiya in Smash Bros:

Really glad to see that slowly but surely we are getting more people interested about the series in one way or another.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Some of the replies to that thread are frustratingly ignorant lol

There’s a lot of misinformation likely stemming from people just skimming the series Wikipedia page, and a lot of people are seeming to downplay the overall impact Sakura Wars had on other genres where in it’s case it transcends it being Japan-exclusive, series like Persona and Mass Effect probably wouldn’t have even existed or been in their current forms if not for Sakura Wars

I would engage more in that thread about this matter but honestly I’ve kind grown tired with Smash arguments and knowing some of the people in there it may not end well, some people just need to do better research lol

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Figure I bring the news that whoever is wanting Sakura, she now has less competition in terms of Sega reps.

Flik

Smash Journeyman

Figure I bring the news that whoever is wanting Sakura, she now has less competition in terms of Sega reps.
I'm always afraid of resenting the characters that get in Smash over my favorites, but Kiryu was one of the few I wouldn't mind if he joined instead of Sakura. So if we do get a Sega character, it HAS to be Sakura or else... :dizzy:

With that said, this guy's way of thinking is very flawed considering a certain game Kiryu (and Majima) appears along with Sakura (and Ryu, Ken, Chrom and Lucina) where he can beat the crap out of many women.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tbh I love Kuzama Kiryu and Yakuza but I was never really crazy about the idea of him being in a game like Smash for a lot of reasons, I would rather he be in a game like Tekken or Dead or Alive since he fits the style of those better than a game like Smash which is less focused on realism (Outside of Snake who sticks out like a sore thumb lmao)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is one of those characters that makes me happy I'm in Smash speculation- I didn't know the series prior, and as someone very into Magical Girls, I'm told she would work as a semi fill in regarding that genre.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Thought you might like this video.
Play with sound.
This guy also implemented the LIPS system into a moveset he made (as far as I can tell, anyways), which is sort of a tag team between Sakura and Ogami.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
This chick's got my support. Classic 90's anime stuff is my jam, and I had the chance to play Project X Zone 2 -- she and Gemini were a really strong duo unit in my playthrough. Sure she may be another "anime sword user" but she uses a katana so it doesn't count :cool:
I also liked Erica's Black Cat Waltz. Don't judge me.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh yeah her being with Ogami was kind of an idea I had, but I wonder if it would be like the Pokémon Trainer since he (for the most part) doesn’t really do the fighting but moreso the commanding.

Ogami is technically the main character (although he’s more of a blank slate meant as a way to get another perspective on the other characters from a first-person omniscient perspective) so having both he and Sakura would be appropriate (although I also imagine he’d come with a model swap for Kamiyama)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Forgot about this thread.
If you missed out here are some of the new members in sakura kakumei

1606249967500.png

1606249978503.png

1606249988309.png

1606250002908.png

1606250013500.png

1606250024435.png

1606250037343.png

1606250047553.png

1606250061376.png

1606250075585.png

1606250093482.png

they're doing the Xenoblade 2 approach with different character designers designing each member(one above is by capcom artist, kinu nishimura). This isn't all of them of course.

There's a sega saturn masked girl that hasn't been properly introduced yet:
1606250299297.png

(See if you can catch all the SEGA references in here)

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

There's the saturn girl. Summons a dreamcast menu.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The Sakura Wars stage show that was originally postponed due to COVID is gonna move along next March

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know something I've been wondering...

Would the Korean release of Ultimate hypothetically affect anything about Sakura? I'm asking because the Taisho era is very controversial there and I'm wondering if anything would have to be altered for it to release in Korea, just a thought though I'm sure there's an easy workaround for it. (Besides it's not like any of the characters resemble Imperialists but it's still a sensitive issue which is why I wanted to ask)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
You know something I've been wondering...

Would the Korean release of Ultimate hypothetically affect anything about Sakura? I'm asking because the Taisho era is very controversial there and I'm wondering if anything would have to be altered for it to release in Korea, just a thought though I'm sure there's an easy workaround for it. (Besides it's not like any of the characters resemble Imperialists but it's still a sensitive issue which is why I wanted to ask)
I think its the japanese imperial references that bother them everything else should be fine

The series has never had issues being sold in other countries in Asia

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I guess Cloud getting a different Final Smash between his alts on top of Byleth‘s alts having different animations means Sakura Shinguji and Amamiya really could just be alts of each other, there’s now practically no issues standing in the way of that seeing as how they’ve seemed to have figured out how to make alts more distinct from each other, but yeah I thought that was interesting to note

Also on a different note, the Lloyd costume is still missing, I think that’s one we should keep an eye on because I have a feeling that would come with Sakura if she were to be included (After all it’s the same character designer and whatnot so it’d make sense)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
So I guess Cloud getting a different Final Smash between his alts on top of Byleth‘s alts having different animations means Sakura Shinguji and Amamiya really could just be alts of each other, there’s now practically no issues standing in the way of that seeing as how they’ve seemed to have figured out how to make alts more distinct from each other, but yeah I thought that was interesting to note
…I still say the two’s fighting styles are too different to justify alts, but whatever.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
…I still say the two’s fighting styles are too different to justify alts, but whatever.
I mean initially I thought that as well, that there were a few differences with the characters that justified them being separated. But tbh they seem to be finding ways to make alts more distinct from one another and the two are notably similar in appearance, fighting styles and mannerisms, which is why them just going the alt route wouldn’t surprise me at this rate, unless they do decide the two are genuinely too similar to be alternates of each other but I think at this rate they could make it work now

Like up until now I didn’t think alts having different Final Smashes was a possibility but I was proven wrong

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I always thought it was possible (in theory) to make different cinematic Final smashes for alts because, after the first hit, every cinematic Final Smash works the same. To see it done with a non-cinematic FS is suprisingly, though.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey Sakura Wars fans! I have been playing the PS4 game recently and I have been really enjoying it. I want to ask you all a question which I could Google but I wanted to get the opinions of fans. After finishing Sakura Wars on PS4, would I be able to play the 5th game without playing any of the previous games? I ask because my computer is crappy so it might not even run the older games and aside from the PS4 game, the 5th game is the only one that got localized.

So do I have to understand what happened in the previous games to understand what goes on in So Long, My Love? And is it a good representation of the series? I'm already aware of how different the PS4 game is and how controversial it is in the fanbase. And to clarify I did watch some videos of the original Sakura Wars so I am aware of the gameplay and style of it. Also, is there a difference between the PS2 and Wii versions?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about supporting Sakura Shinguji but I wanted to play one of the classic games before I fully go on board on the Sakura ship.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Hey Sakura Wars fans! I have been playing the PS4 game recently and I have been really enjoying it. I want to ask you all a question which I could Google but I wanted to get the opinions of fans. After finishing Sakura Wars on PS4, would I be able to play the 5th game without playing any of the previous games? I ask because my computer is crappy so it might not even run the older games and aside from the PS4 game, the 5th game is the only one that got localized.

So do I have to understand what happened in the previous games to understand what goes on in So Long, My Love? And is it a good representation of the series? I'm already aware of how different the PS4 game is and how controversial it is in the fanbase. And to clarify I did watch some videos of the original Sakura Wars so I am aware of the gameplay and style of it. Also, is there a difference between the PS2 and Wii versions?

I'm asking because I'm thinking about supporting Sakura Shinguji but I wanted to play one of the classic games before I fully go on board on the Sakura ship.
To keep it simple: You don’t need context from any of the previous 4 games to understand So Long, My Love. From what I’ve seen on a YouTube playthrough, Ogami and Sakura only appear in the beginning.

Marakatu

Smash Ace

The newest Sakura Wars game gives you more context than you'd ever need tbh.
The PS2 version has a separate disc for the Japanese voices, while the Wii version only has English voices. While the English dub is great, I HIGHLY recommend you to play the version with Japanese voices, as the soundtracks of the game become even enjoyable if you know the voices beforehand.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hmm seems there's been a dryspell of news outside of Sakura Revolution which recently launched in Japan I believe (I wonder how it's doing so far since the Fate Grand Order devs are behind it? I've seen a few Japanese social media pages talking about the game)

Anyways in other news, there was a big SEGA concert I think yesterday for their anniversary 60th anniversary, Kohei Tanaka and Chisa Yokoyama were both there and did some renditions of songs from the series.

Take a look if you would:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Hmm seems there's been a dryspell of news outside of Sakura Revolution which recently launched in Japan I believe (I wonder how it's doing so far since the Fate Grand Order devs are behind it? I've seen a few Japanese social media pages talking about the game)

Anyways in other news, there was a big SEGA concert I think yesterday for their anniversary 60th anniversary, Kohei Tanaka and Chisa Yokoyama were both there and did some renditions of songs from the series.

Take a look if you would:
I can't watch this for some reason, it says the video is not available. Anybody else having this trouble?

Top Bottom