• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attack! Imperial Floral Assault Group! Sakura Shinguji for Smash Ultimate! (The Curtain Closes This Time, But the Taisho Era Continues...)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh, that reminds me! I recently saw the Nendoroid for new Sakura and it comes with the dialogue tree as an accessory.

I just think having the UI as a feature of the figurine is really cute...
I like it when Nendoroids do this.

The Professor Layton I own brought a puzzle and the puzzle solved screen as accesspries

amageish

Smash Master
First of all, I've been wanting to say thank you. I've used the bottom image as a background for the Spirit Board I made, and here it is in two parts:
Template: https://imgur.com/a/ixR0YJ2
Really good spirit board! From what I know, that looks like a good variety of characters from across the franchise.

Only one question: Do you think the ace spirit would be a singular character, or would we get something like Hero's Party or the Phantom Thieves repping a group of characters at once? That strikes me as an easy way to toss in a bunch of characters at once, be it as a Flower Division spirit, a Fleur Division Spirit, a Star Division Spirit, or some sort of super-general Imperial Combat Revue spirit...

Also, random question: Has anyone seen the anime sequel(?) to New Sakura Wars and is it worth watching?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Really good spirit board! From what I know, that looks like a good variety of characters from across the franchise.

Only one question: Do you think the ace spirit would be a singular character, or would we get something like Hero's Party or the Phantom Thieves repping a group of characters at once? That strikes me as an easy way to toss in a bunch of characters at once, be it as a Flower Division spirit, a Fleur Division Spirit, a Star Division Spirit, or some sort of super-general Imperial Combat Revue spirit...
IDK. I didn't give it much thought because I wanted to focus on the entire Flower Division throughout the Board (I considered a Koubu Spirit, but I couldn't find any artwork.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Apparently there was a SEGA Blast Heroes Mobile game? it never released.

We ended up with SEGA Heroes which looks 100x worse somehow. Weird.
Can I live in the universe where we got this instead of SEGA Heroes garbage where it took almost two years to get to Yakuza and then the game just closed when it was picking up steam?

amageish

Smash Master
So, we're getting a new Puyo Puyo Tetris! This is exciting...

As they continue to add in characters/art from the mobile game, some small part of me is curious if they'll ever import any of the crossover art into the game in some form - not as playable characters, but as avatars and other such cosmetics... I mean, they have Puyoified versions of a lot of Sakura Wars characters just sitting around...

amageish

Smash Master
Project BLACK and the Delightworks project are both being announced at the same time on sept 2nd

Going to be a weird coincidence if they aren't related.
Is there going to be a livestream or something for us to watch the announcements?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Teikoku Kagekidan Aogashima vs. the Dai Teikoku Kagekidan
There was a problem fetching the tweet

23 minute anime episode:

Nothing is fully translated at the moment so i have no idea whats going on.
Game is called Sakura Kakumei(Revolution) like in the copyright from earlier this year.

amageish

Smash Master
Check out this cool costume of Sakura's Mugen!
Holy moly; that is one impressive cosplay! I wonder how they avoid overheating in it... I'd love to do a Sakura Wars cosplay one day, but I'd definitely be sticking with one of the human characters wearing normal-ish clothing haha.

Teikoku Kagekidan Aogashima vs. the Dai Teikoku Kagekidan
Mobile game with a new 2011-era cast sounds nice! Hopefully it gets localized, though I'm unsure what the odds of that happening pragmatically is...

The new character designs are fun, though the half-dress-things replacing the mugens is... a thing. I guess if it's a gacha game, then they want you to be able to see the waifus you collect and not just their mugen? Still kind of a weird choice IMO...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
u know The last time Sega made a game called Revolution it didn't exactly end well for them.
Valkyria_Azure_Revolution.png

Come to think of it both are spin offs set in a time period far removed from the rest of the main series casts.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
u know The last time Sega made a game called Revolution it didn't exactly end well for them.
View attachment 284243
Come to think of it both are spin offs set in a time period far removed from the rest of the main series casts.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We don't talk about that anymore. There was a 7-year gap between VCIII and VC4 where nothing happened. Nothing.

still annoyed Revolution got localized and III didn't

amageish

Smash Master
I'm now half-way through the New Sakura Wars anime and I'm... honestly pretty impressed? Lots of great character moments and looks at new dynamics within the squad. I don't know how they'd make it work with the relationship mechanics, but it'd be cool if we could play from the girls' PoVs in the games themselves from time to time, as it has really opened a lot of possibilities for both drama and comedy when not stuck to one viewpoint... Definitely excited to see how the second half goes.

Also here's some loosely-game-spoiler-y art!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I decided to tweak Sakura’s moveset a little (taking some inspiration from P-Fritz on DeviantArt):

Intro: Cherry blossom petals blow around Sakura as she performs her signature pre-battle pose.

Stance/Idle 1: Her idle animation from the Project X Zone series.
Idle 2: Sakura slightly pushes back her hair.
Idle 3: Sakura takes out her blade for a second, then sheathes it again.

Notable Palette Swaps:
-Her pink kimono (default)
-Combat outfit (alternate costume)
-Ogami’s combat outfit (white)
-Sumire’s combat outfit (purple)
-Maria’s combat outfit (black)
-Iris’s combat outfit (yellow)
-Kohran’s combat outfit (green)
-Kanna’s combat outfit (red)

Walk: Sakura walks gracefully.
Dash: Sakura sprints with her sword in hand.
Damage: Sakura covers her face with her right hand.
Jump: Sakura jumps as if she’s falling down a chute.
Crouch: Sakura sits upright with both knees on the ground.

Weapon of Choice: Reiken-Arataka, Sakura’s katana handed down to her, with which she can slice single water droplets with ease. She’s a master of the Hokushin Itto Ryu sword technique.

Normal Attacks
Jab: Sakura performs three standard jabs to the middle, and then the left and right (8%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Sakura slashes down in front of her (7%, small knockback; 10% at the tip, OK knockback)
Down+A: Sakura sweep kicks below a target’s legs, tripping them (6%, small knockback)
Up+A: Sakura swipes her katana above herself to the left (8%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Sakura slices around herself, similar to Ike’s N-Air (11%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Sakura slices downward (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Sakura turns around as she slices backward (14%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Sakura spins a mop above herself (13%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Sakura swings a mop downwards (16% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Sakura speeds past the target as she slashes them (12%, OK knockback). If the target is above 100%, there is a chance they’ll be K.O.’d instantly.
Edge Attack: Sakura gets back up and slashes straight down (7%, small knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Sakura quickly sweep kicks the floor (5%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Sakura steps forward and slashes with her sword in flames (22%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Sakura slashes several cherry blossom petals around her in half (15%, OK knockback), which then swirl around her (9%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Sakura takes out a mop and sweeps the floor, which pushes nearby opponents away (13% per hit, OK-medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Sakura grabs the target with both hands.
Pummel: Sakura slaps the target with her right hand (1%)
Forwards+Throw: Sakura pushes the target forward (12%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Sakura jumps over the target and trips them without dealing any damage.
Back+Throw: Sakura strafes around the target and slashes them (13%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Sakura spins once and launches the target diagonally upwards (8%, medium knockback)

Special Moves
B : Ouka Hoshin
; Sakura sends out a large pink blade projectile. It goes about the same length as Cloud’s Blade Beam, but is much faster and can hit multiple opponents at once (7% per hit, OK knockback). It also has priority over other projectiles, but getting hit by one causes it to slow down and disappear after hitting anything else (6%, small knockback)
B + Forwards : Hyakka Ryoran; Sakura dashes forward a short distance, surrounded in flame (14%, OK knockback); you can tilt the control stick in the opposite direction for a second dash (9%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Rising Sakura; Sakura slices upward as she jumps upward and forward a small distance (11%, OK knockback)
B + Down : Makiwara Kiri; A makiwara board sprouts from the ground in front of Sakura. If the target is there, Sakura will unleash a fury of slashes at the board and the opponent (20%, medium knockback)

Final Smash: Koubu Strike; Sakura speeds forward and slashes the target(s) (11%). The targets are then taken into a cutscene where Sakura gets into her Koubu and performs an extremely powerful Ouka Hoshin (59%, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: At certain moments, Sakura can have her attacks do 3% more damage and have slightly more knockback for 5 seconds (getting hit causes her to lose this buff). She gets this when the crowd starts cheering her name

Taunts
1: Sakura bows towards the camera.
2: Sakura performs her signature pre-battle pose.
1+2: Sakura brushes her kimono.

Winposes
1: Sakura performs her victory pose from her very first battle in the first game.
2: Sakura pushes back her hair as cherry blossom petals blow in the wind.
3: Sakura mimics her pose from the first frame of the first game’s opening.

Applause: Sakura claps quickly and happily.

Icon: One of the flowers on Sakura’s kimono.

Boxing Ring Title: Imperial Floral Hero

Star K.O.: “Oooogamiii…!”

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/Vr14LlDeLDo

Kirby Hat: Sakura’s hair and katana.

Top Bottom