• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attack! Imperial Floral Assault Group! Sakura Shinguji for Smash Ultimate! (The Curtain Closes This Time, But the Taisho Era Continues...)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I compiled a list of most frequent SEGA characters in crossovers

Guess where Sakura is?

1) Sonic
2) Joker
3) Sakura
4) Ulala
5) Akira
6) Bayo
7) Selvaria
8) Kiryu
9) Nights
10) Aiai

She's in the top 3 right behind Sonic and Joker, it's pretty insane honestly for a character such as herself. (Was shocked Puyo Puyo characters weren't even in the top 10 honestly)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Guess where Sakura is?

1) Sonic
2) Joker
3) Sakura
4) Ulala
5) Akira
6) Bayo
7) Selvaria
8) Kiryu
9) Nights
10) Aiai

She's in the top 3 right behind Sonic and Joker, it's pretty insane honestly for a character such as herself. (Was shocked Puyo Puyo characters weren't even in the top 10 honestly)
How is Joker so high up if he's the most recent guy here?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Throw me onto the list man.

I've always wanted to play Sakura Wars and have liked the character since playing Project X Zone 1 way back in 2013. Plus her design and namesake heavily influenced my deuteragonist of my story.

I'm getting the PS4 game eventually.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium

Guess where Sakura is?

1) Sonic
2) Joker
3) Sakura
4) Ulala
5) Akira
6) Bayo
7) Selvaria
8) Kiryu
9) Nights
10) Aiai

This gives me some hope that Sakura will actually be the next SEGA rep on the roster. :)

Throw me onto the list man.

I've always wanted to play Sakura Wars and have liked the character since playing Project X Zone 1 way back in 2013. Plus her design and namesake heavily influenced my deuteragonist of my story.

I'm getting the PS4 game eventually.
Added both you and P.Kat P.Kat

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Something else I just found out is that RED is actually involved with Smash and has been since Smash 4.

They were responsible for the assets from Fossil Fighters and Satoru from Project Hacker appears as a spirit. They own the characters and assets alongside SEGA from Sakura Wars 1-5 so the fact that they've already worked with both SEGA and RED previously would make things significantly easier in terms of negotiations.

A couple of other things I'm wondering is what Mii Costumes would Sakura come with? Obviously she'd come with ones based on Sakura Wars (Then I can finally make the joke Ichiro OgaMii) but what else would she come with? Other SEGA franchises such as fellow RPGs Skies of Arcadia and Valkiryia Chronicles? Maybe the Lloyd outfit since Kosuke Fujishima designed him? Some costumes from RED like the Fossil Fighters, Gungrave and Bonk? Curious to know...

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Something else I just found out is that RED is actually involved with Smash and has been since Smash 4.

They were responsible for the assets from Fossil Fighters and Satoru from Project Hacker appears as a spirit. They own the characters and assets alongside SEGA from Sakura Wars 1-5 so the fact that they've already worked with both SEGA and RED previously would make things significantly easier in terms of negotiations.

A couple of other things I'm wondering is what Mii Costumes would Sakura come with? Obviously she'd come with ones based on Sakura Wars (Then I can finally make the joke Ichiro OgaMii) but what else would she come with? Other SEGA franchises such as fellow RPGs Skies of Arcadia and Valkiryia Chronicles? Maybe the Lloyd outfit since Kosuke Fujishima designed him? Some costumes from RED like the Fossil Fighters, Gungrave and Bonk? Curious to know...
Bruh, a Vyse mii swordfighter would be hype.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium

Let's get some more SEGA love. Give me a Vyse, Kiryu, and Selvaria Mii costumes. Obviously one for Ichiro as well. Maybe Erica and Gemini could work as a Gunner and Swordfighter respectively?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've been playing Sakura wars 5 while I wait for my copy of 6 to arrive.

I'm simping so hard for Gemini

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I’ve been beginning to wonder...

Anyone think the music may run into potential licensing issues if Sakura gets in? Cause I know they might have to consult the actresses to use their vocals and the series is mostly known for it’s lyrical tracks.

Also I’ve been wondering if the music would be kept the same or if there’d be any new arrangements because Japanese audiences can be sensitive about music preservation but I wanna hear thoughts.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I’ve been beginning to wonder...

Anyone think the music may run into potential licensing issues if Sakura gets in? Cause I know they might have to consult the actresses to use their vocals and the series is mostly known for it’s lyrical tracks.

Also I’ve been wondering if the music would be kept the same or if there’d be any new arrangements because Japanese audiences can be sensitive about music preservation but I wanna hear thoughts.
Whenever you get a series with iconic vocal tracks this is a concern. It just so happens Lyn and Crush 40 are probably pretty easy to negotiate royalties with.

Besides, there are plenty of tracks without lyrics, and they can always go instrumental on the main themes if needed, like Snake Eater and Mysterious Destiny got.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Whenever you get a series with iconic vocal tracks this is a concern. It just so happens Lyn and Crush 40 are probably pretty easy to negotiate royalties with.

Besides, there are plenty of tracks without lyrics, and they can always go instrumental on the main themes if needed, like Snake Eater and Mysterious Destiny got.
As long as we don’t get another Dragon Quest situation I’m good lol (But hey I hear Tanaka is actually a pretty nice person unlike Sugiyama so maybe it won’t be an issue after all!)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I imagine the music selection would include mostly tracks from Sakura wars 6 since that's the most recent and they could cut back on remixes since it's all recent.

But I also imagine we'd get both classic and modern versions of "Manifest! Imperial assault force!", "The earth warriors" and the theme from Sakura wars 3 as well as the medley from Sakura wars 4 which has both themes from 1 and 3.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I imagine the music selection would include mostly tracks from Sakura wars 6 since that's the most recent and they could cut back on remixes since it's all recent.

But I also imagine we'd get both classic and modern versions of "Manifest! Imperial assault force!", "The earth warriors" and the theme from Sakura wars 3 as well as the medley from Sakura wars 4 which has both themes from 1 and 3.
If it’s going to be both Sakuras getting in as alts of each other like a ton of people are speculating, then I could see there being a remix of Amamiya’s theme since they’d get Ayane Sakura to voice her it would make sense to get her for a remix.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Imagine a new remix of the main theme the actresses for both Sakura's sing it.
I was thinking of a remix of Geki that would be an algamation of both versions of it.

You know now that I think about it if she’s actually in what if production on her trailer finished? I’d assume since Sanzigen did the cutscenes for the new game and they came back for Byleth’s reveal trailer (Although you could really tell it was kind of a rush job in certain areas), what if they simultaneously were working on the trailer for Sakura?

Just kinda something that’s been on the back of my mind, and usually animation production has to be done far in advance before the reveals are ready so I do wonder.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I imagine this trailer having them doing a show on stage, the curtain opening in a way that makes people think we're getting another Mario character, like Paper Mario or something.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I just finished Shin Sakura Wars.

I thought it was REALLY good, the visuals, music, characters, charm, and overall feel of the game made it feel like a nice return-to-form for the series, it overall felt like kind of a passing of the torch to a new generation which I really liked honestly.

I hope we see further entries in the series that can carry the legacy of the other games!

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
That last one gives me the impression of a game set in the Meiji era.

Wasn't that a scrapped concept for Sakura wars 6 back when 5 originally came out?
Feudal Japan Sakura Wars was part of the "Sakura Taisen World Project" line up but was cancelled after SW5 underperformed

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
I never played Sakura Wars, but she would be cool in Smash. Along with Kiryu.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Someone brought up the bizarre size of the Koubu and Mugen cockpits lol

1590006872850.jpg

Koubu, Jinbu, Tenbu, Koubu Kai, Eisen Kleid from left to right.
1590021253253.jpg

embed0116.jpg

Regardless I dont think anyone should worry about it being to big for smash.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I think we might get at least 1 or 2 spirits from Sakura Wars (2019/2020)/Shin Sakura Taisen, and they might most likely be Sakura Amamiya and Seijuro Amamiya. Come to think of it, I think they might also put in Geki Teikoku Kagekidan (Shinsou), considering that it’s different from most versions of Kagekidan.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I may support Axel Stone more, but I’d be alright if a Sakura Wars Rep got in! So…you can sorta count me in. Here’s the Classic Mode I made for Sakura:

Classic Mode: Attack! Imperial Floral Assault Group (Fights against characters who are well-known warriors, normally with a higher authority present)
Round 1: :ultchrom::ultrobin::ultlucina:on :castlesiege: (Prelude (Ablaze))
Round 2: :ultridley:x15 on (Sakura’s home stage) (Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan!)
Round 3: :ultpalutena::ultpit:on :skyworld: (Overworld - Kid Icarus)
Round 4: :ultsamus:on Brinstar Ω (Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior)
Round 5: :ultfox::ultfalco:(team battle w/:ultzss:) on Corneria (Main Theme - Star Fox)
Round 6: :ultbyleth:and :ultswordfighter:x3 on Garreg Mach Monastery (Advance)
Final Round: Galleom

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
SEGA shared a video of their 60th anniversary, and there were snippets of Sakura Wars 2019 in it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I was thinking about it, and I’m not sure if the Sakuras could be alts of each other. While their appearances and mannerisms are similar they have a couple key differences involving how some attacks are used (Shinguji for example has Cherry Blossom Smite for example while Amamiya has Cherry Blossom Blizzard both as their special attacks) so I’m wondering if they would be Echo Fighters of each other instead included in the same fighter pack. Either way I can’t see one getting in without the other because one is extremely iconic and has a legacy, and the other they’re gonna want to include to promote the new game and they’re also sort of pushing her as a new mascot of sorts for the series (She's been in tons of collabs recently and was the only other SW character in the SEGA UFO contest besides Shinguji herself).

D

Deleted member

I am currently having the best time of this whole quarantine with the new game on PS4.

Top Bottom