• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attack! Imperial Floral Assault Group! Sakura Shinguji for Smash Ultimate! (The Curtain Closes This Time, But the Taisho Era Continues...)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I had problems unzipping the files and I couldn't find a full emulation of the original to apply the patch to.
Do you have 7zip or winrar to open up the zip? If its organization problem just make a ROM folder in the emulator so you have all your Roms in the right place and extract in there.

Also you dont need to do any of the patching

Its already been done lol:
https://replayers.org/sega_saturn_isos/sakura-wars-english-patched/

just download SakuraWars_EnglishPatched_v1_0.7z, extract it and just drag the CUE file into Mednafen.exe or run it on Mednafen.exe and BOOM you can play sakura wars

This is assuming you already set up Mednafen which isnt to difficult, there are tons of guides that tell you step by step.

2020-01-10.png

2020-01-10 (1).png

If you need configure controls: Alt + Shift +1
If you want to go full screen: Alt + Enter

Heads up when the game ask you to swap disc rename your Disc 1 save to that of the filename of Disc 2. Make a backup copy of the Disc 1 save to be safe. Open the Disc 2 cue file with Mednafen and everything should work

Usually you'd make a MU3 file for disc swapping but its weirder here

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Do you have 7zip or winrar to open up the zip? If its organization problem just make a ROM folder in the emulator so you have all your Roms in the right place and extract in there.

Also you dont need to do any of the patching

Its already been done lol:
https://replayers.org/sega_saturn_isos/sakura-wars-english-patched/

just download SakuraWars_EnglishPatched_v1_0.7z, extract it and just drag the CUE file into Mednafen.exe or run it on Mednafen.exe and BOOM you can play sakura wars

This is assuming you already set up Mednafen which isnt to difficult, there are tons of guides that tell you step by step.

View attachment 256641
View attachment 256642

If you need configure controls: Alt + Shift +1
If you want to go full screen: Alt + Enter

Heads up when the game ask you to swap disc rename your Disc 1 save to that of the filename of Disc 2. Make a backup copy of the Disc 1 save to be safe. Open the Disc 2 cue file with Mednafen and everything should work

Usually you'd make a MU3 file for disc swapping but its weirder here
Oh okay, this makes a lot more sense then.

I’ll try setting it up later when I get the chance.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
So did any of you actually play the translations for first game?

Surprise to see no discussion
My PC's dead right now (Long story) so I can't currently play it. It's not looking like I'll be able to have enough money to rebuild it until May-June. I'll definitely post on here about it when the day comes but I'm not sure if I want to wait until I finish it to start talking about it or to give my impressions as I work my way through it.

Game Boy Blue

Smash Cadet
I believe their is a narrative in the Smash community that is incorrect when assessing Spyro the Dragon. He is not only extremely relevant to the topic of characters for Smash, there is a devaluation of his potential in comparison to Crash. I've changed the minds of Spyro fans that have unfortunately fallen into this thought subscription, and while I'd be happy with a Crash/Spyro simultaneous reveal, it's worth bearing in mind that while both are enjoying new interest from their trilogy remakes, Crash has been dead since 2010, while Spyro continued to make games, crossover with Skylanders, and have his own Netflix show. Crash is a classic but Spyro has been moving money since 1998.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I believe their is a narrative in the Smash community that is incorrect when assessing Spyro the Dragon. He is not only extremely relevant to the topic of characters for Smash, there is a devaluation of his potential in comparison to Crash. I've changed the minds of Spyro fans that have unfortunately fallen into this thought subscription, and while I'd be happy with a Crash/Spyro simultaneous reveal, it's worth bearing in mind that while both are enjoying new interest from their trilogy remakes, Crash has been dead since 2010, while Spyro continued to make games, crossover with Skylanders, and have his own Netflix show. Crash is a classic but Spyro has been moving money since 1998.
I'm really confused what this has to do with Sakura Shinguji.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Game did not perform as sega expected sadly

My only hope is that sega ports the game onto more consoles for the western release for a larger audience

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Anime OP and ED revealed
There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Anime airs on April 3

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I hope to see a lot of thirsty Bleach fans jumping head first on this new anime.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Scanning book with drawings of Koubus by designer Mika Akitaka rn
Enjoy Sakura's SW4 Koubu in its HQ quality glory

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
For those interested in watching the OVA's

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Game is out in 2 days

SEGA seems to have released it to die in the west which is the usual curse with their franchises that arent sonic, football manager or yakuza.
Cant really blame them this time though with the virus and all.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Game is out in 2 days

SEGA seems to have released it to die in the west which is the usual curse with their franchises that arent sonic, football manager or yakuza.
Cant really blame them this time though with the virus and all.
Guess I'm gonna have to buy it digital since I can't get Amazon cards right now.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Heya guys Ninty here.

So I just got the game (I got the Deluxe Edition which comes with the extra themes and outfits) and my thoughts so far are HIGHLY positive, I’ve just completed Chapter 1 and so far the game is breathtaking.

-Beautiful visuals curtesy of Hedgehog Engine 2
-Incredible OST as expected by the legendary Kohei Tanaka
-Wonderfully written characters that all shine with their personalities and are voiced with so much emotion
-Great combat system that, while a significant departure from the series’ roots, actually feels really good to play

As far as first impressions go this game is checking off all my boxes and I also love how each chapter ends like an anime episode would.

Also on a side-note I’m happy to see it was number one on purchases on Amazon for PS4 games, while this game didn’t really get a great marketing push in the West until AFTER release it was still something that was plesantly surprising.

Can’t wait to play more! It’s everything I would’ve wanted from a revival of the series so far!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So the game seems to be performing above expectations, it's currently in the top 10 best-selling games on Amazon and a lot more people have been discussing it as a whole, I even talked with someone from SEGA and they were even surprised it was doing this well.

I think releasing it during a time where most people are at home and on a week with very little competition outside of digital software was actually something that worked in the game's favor despite the small amount of marketing it got pre-launch.

So far it's off to a strong start but let's see how things go from here!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So the game seems to be performing above expectations, it's currently in the top 10 best-selling games on Amazon and a lot more people have been discussing it as a whole, I even talked with someone from SEGA and they were even surprised it was doing this well.

I think releasing it during a time where most people are at home and on a week with very little competition outside of digital software was actually something that worked in the game's favor despite the small amount of marketing it got pre-launch.

So far it's off to a strong start but let's see how things go from here!
Sega releasing a niche game when nobody has anything else to do:

STONKS

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I do want to get the game but I'm gonna hold off until a price drop. About £30 for me.

Although with Ghost of Tsushima now out in July and unless The Outer Worlds get to £25 or the Switch Version gets a great port, this might fill the void.

And yes Kohei Tanaka is such an amazing composer from hearing what I can off YouTube. Really wish he did more games.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I do want to get the game but I'm gonna hold off until a price drop. About £30 for me.

Although with Ghost of Tsushima now out in July and unless The Outer Worlds get to £25 or the Switch Version gets a great port, this might fill the void.

And yes Kohei Tanaka is such an amazing composer from hearing what I can off YouTube. Really wish he did more games.
I love his work in GaoGaiGar

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Hello! Just coming in here to give my support for Sakura. Not sure why I hadn't before. Admittedly, I knew her (and the series) at first because of that one Segata Sanshiro commercial, and later on through Project X Zone 1 and 2, but I think she's a pretty nice character and it'd be pretty cool to see her in Smash. I know the first game got a translation recently, so I mean to try that when I have the time. Also, I know it's really unlikely, but it'd be great if they got the opening songs in Smash as well. Anyhow, best of luck with support!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Hello! Just coming in here to give my support for Sakura. Not sure why I hadn't before. Admittedly, I knew her (and the series) at first because of that one Segata Sanshiro commercial, and later on through Project X Zone 1 and 2, but I think she's a pretty nice character and it'd be pretty cool to see her in Smash. I know the first game got a translation recently, so I mean to try that when I have the time. Also, I know it's really unlikely, but it'd be great if they got the opening songs in Smash as well. Anyhow, best of luck with support!
Would you like me to add you to the support list?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It occurs to me that Sakura wars 6 probably did wWell enough that Sakura wars 5 will probably go up in value, being the only other localized game in the franchise, heck some people didn't even know that game WAS localized 10 years ago.

Top Bottom