• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attack! Imperial Floral Assault Group! Sakura Shinguji for Smash Ultimate! (The Curtain Closes This Time, But the Taisho Era Continues...)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Funny to think that guy who created Sakura Wars designed Bonk off friend he knew in college

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Funny to think that guy who created Sakura Wars designed Bonk off friend he knew in college
Oh that's right I forgot Bonk was developed by Red Company

What a small world

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I was in the shower and I just had a brilliant idea come to mind.

What if Sakura came with a version of the Codecs and Palutena's Guidance themed after the banter that goes on in the series during combat. Basically where Sakura and members of the Flower Division (Or New Flower Division depending on which one you're playing as) reflect on characters in the battle where each one triggers a special conversation.

I think it'd be a really great way to represent the series' visual novel aspect.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
So I was in the shower and I just had a brilliant idea come to mind.

What if Sakura came with a version of the Codecs and Palutena's Guidance themed after the banter that goes on in the series during combat. Basically where Sakura and members of the Flower Division (Or New Flower Division depending on which one you're playing as) reflect on characters in the battle where each one triggers a special conversation.

I think it'd be a really great way to represent the series' visual novel aspect.
I just want them to use the voice actresses for ANYTHING. I thought of having the curtains of the stage close and open from time to time to reveal a scene from a play, but it would probably be too weird if the girls continued to act with a fight happening right in front of them. Even Sumire is not THAT GOOD of an actress.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just want them to use the voice actresses for ANYTHING. I thought of having the curtains of the stage close and open from time to time to reveal a scene from a play, but it would probably be too weird if the girls continued to act with a fight happening right in front of them. Even Sumire is not THAT GOOD of an actress.
I imagine since the voice actresses play such a big part in each of the games that they'd likely voice their respective stage cameos like the Phantom Thieves do. If they want to go a step further with that idea the one I have with the LIPS system where they banter about the battle seems like a good way to display it.

Now this is a hypothetical, but I kind of wonder if in the event Sakura is on of the Fighers Pass characters, if a reason why it's taken awhile for her to be announced has to do largely with the voice acting due to logistical problems stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, since all of that would likely either need to be done remotely or when conditions are better to record audio or ADR. Although it was probably recorded long in advance I imagine, this is just a hypothetical.

Then there's the matter of a dub, I've been conflicted on whether the characters would speak in Japanese in all regions of the game, because while the Japanese actresses are a big part of the series' history, all of them minus the 2019 cast have official English voice actors from Studiopolis, and there was noticable complaints from users about the 2019 game not being dubbed when it came out indicating there's interest in English audio, so it makes me wonder what Nintendo and SEGA would do with that... (Though I also think that would be affected by the pandemic)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
If a PPT2 rumor I'm hearing right now is true, ooh boy don't expect good news for Sakura Wars future.

And maybe Sonic

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
What is this rumor that you speak of? And, more importantly, where does it come from?

" >Amamiya Sakura was supposed to appear in the final DLC wave but she got swapped out by Ulala due to various SW projects underperforming "

Source is unknown, but I found it on /v/ so it may be fake

SharkLord

Smash Hero

" >Amamiya Sakura was supposed to appear in the final DLC wave but she got swapped out by Ulala due to various SW projects underperforming "

4chan leak
Doubt.png

amageish

Smash Master

What makes me iffy on this is that Rafisol and Possessed Klug leaked already via datamining, when Fei hasn't? Why would July characters be dataminable when an April character isn't? I get that this themed the April pack around Puyo Puyo Quest, so they added a third Quest OC, but it's still odd to me. Otherwise it is just the datamined characters plus 7 others...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah tbh considering that they’re allegedly using fanart of the characters as placeholders (Which is pretty unprofessional for game development), the fact this also doesn’t align with other datamines previously documented, and the origins of where this came from, I think we can pass this off as nothing more than a bunch of guesses. And I’m not sold on them including a Bandori character as a guest especially. (Kind of makes me inclined to believe they picked random characters from Quest out of a bag ngl)

Also... If the projects are underperforming then wouldn’t that give them all the more reason to want to promote the series? Like I’m sorry but I really don’t understand the logic here lmao (although I guess it being nonsensical is in-character for SEGA but I digress)

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
An English dub cast has been announced for Sakura Wars 2019:

Michelle Ruff is reprising her role as Sumire and Sakura is voiced by Cherami Leigh!
Yay! That's good! Solid cast too.

It coming out, uh, tomorrow is quick. So, he game doesn't get a dub, but the anime gets a dub casually announced 24 hours before it is out? Okay? Sure... I mean, I'll take it; I'm just a bit confused.

amageish

Smash Master
If anyone was curious, that Puyo "leak" is already dead. Wave 2 has been announced with no Ragnus or Harpy (though both will be coming later based on datamining).

It doesn't mean anything for if Sakura were to come to Puyo later (she hasn't been datamined, so I kind of doubt it at this point, but it's possible); however, it does show that that particular post was a troll.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Made a challenger pack for Sakura!
View attachment 301935
Obviously I could've included more songs but I just wanted to cover the bases!
NintenZ NintenZ And I were discussing a Classic Mode on Twitter, and he suggested one for the different Combat Revues around the world. That was the general idea, so lemme just expand on it:
Round 1: Metal Sakura x6 (horde battle) on Grand Imperial Theater (Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group)
Round 2: :ultrobin: (team battle w/:ultpeach: (Color 3)) on Prism Tower (Under the Imperial Flag)
Round 3: :ultganondorf: (team battle w/:ultdaisy: (Color 5)) on New Donk City (Warriors of the Earth)
Round 4: :ultken: (Color 5) on Suzaku Castle (Beyond the Rainbow)
Round 5: :ultlucina:(Color 8) and :ultcloud: (Color 4) on Coliseum (Round Table Knight)
Round 6: :ultzss: (Color 6) and :ultwendy: on :shadowmoses: (Iron Star)
Final Round: Galleom (Final Battle - Sakura Wars 2: Beloved, You Must Not Die)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
NintenZ NintenZ And I were discussing a Classic Mode on Twitter, and he suggested one for the different Combat Revues around the world. That was the general idea, so lemme just expand on it:
Round 1: Metal Sakura x6 (horde battle) on Grand Imperial Theater (Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group)
Round 2: :ultrobin: (team battle w/:ultpeach: (Color 3)) on Prism Tower (Under the Imperial Flag)
Round 3: :ultganondorf: (team battle w/:ultdaisy: (Color 5)) on New Donk City (Warriors of the Earth)
Round 4: :ultken: (Color 5) on Suzaku Castle (Beyond the Rainbow)
Round 5: :ultlucina: (Color 8) and :ultcloud: (Color 4) on Coliseum (Round Table Knight)
Round 6: :ultzss: (Color 6) and :ultwendy: on :shadowmoses: (Iron Star)
Final Round: Galleom (Final Battle - Sakura Wars 2: Beloved, You Must Not Die)
Ooh this is a great classic route! I think it’s honestly pretty good overall and Sakura Wars 2’s Final Boss theme is perfect for Galleom.

The song choices are great too, if I included more in mine I’d probably have included individual character themes from the plays and CDs as well as the 2019 game honestly.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just something neat I'd like to share with fellow Sakura Wars fans.
In Sakura Wars V, if you play through Gemini's route, you get this as a Christmas present:
Now I just got one of these irl!

This is seriously the nicest thing I ever bought.
Gemini is the best Sakura Wars girl. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I was wondering something.
Since Xenoblade 2 sold out in Japan thanks to Pyra/Mythra's announcement, you think something similar could happen with Sakura Wars-related stuff?

amageish

Smash Master
I was wondering something.
Since Xenoblade 2 sold out in Japan thanks to Pyra/Mythra's announcement, you think something similar could happen with Sakura Wars-related stuff?
I mean, is it possible for a character to get into Smash without a bunch of people going back and buying their game? Or people who liked the game going "Oh, ****, I should buy merch now before it sells out"?

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I really wish Sega would localize and release the Sakura Wars games that were on the Saturn & Dreamcast. Sakura Wars deserves more recognition, I've played an english-patched version of the first one and it was a lot of fun. So I definitely support Sakura as Smash character and the series as a whole getting a boost. I haven't played the PS4 remake but it's a start.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There's a new mobile game collab
Houchi Shoujo Smartphone Game Adds Sumire Kanzaki As Guest Character

Sumiere is in a Japanese SRPG game called Houchi Shoujo (This collab also uses the classic series' branding rather than the new one which is interesting to note)

Damn... they really made her about twenty times cuter.

Never was a big fan of Sumire until New Sakura Wars but hoo boy, whoever did this art really accentuated her design. I like.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I swear Sakura Wars has more collabs than Persona 5 at this point
Actually that’s funny you mention that because according to statistics it’s the second most-prominent SEGA franchise in collaborations with only Sonic the Hedgehog coming out first.

It’s basically their queen collaboration franchise, they put it in everything they can.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'd put it off far too long, but I've been playing Sakura Wars (2020) and...

First, the game is fantastic. The combat's a little basic, and I miss the option of having every character playable in a chapter, but I love love love the story and the characters, especially... Hatsuho. No seriously, she's made this game for me. I love characters with spunk and personality, and she's got those in spades (along with imo the best design AND best theme). I'm getting close to the end of the game, and I will ensure she's my girl (though I SHOULD have a high enough trust to get anyone except Anastasia.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Honestly when I played, the characters were honestly what made me love the game as much as I did, I really loved every single one and thought they were all so interesting and had a lot of depth to them, I wanted to see more of them and all of them be happy as well. I don’t think there’s a single one of the main girls I didn’t end up not liking but my favorite is definitely Sakura (call me vanilla but I really like how far she comes in the story and her character development overall). Although I think Hatsuho and Anastasia are also great and I definitely see why people like them a lot. But yeah the cast in the 2019 game is great and they’re all really nice honestly.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Honestly when I played, the characters were honestly what made me love the game as much as I did, I really loved every single one and thought they were all so interesting and had a lot of depth to them, I wanted to see more of them and all of them be happy as well. I don’t think there’s a single one of the main girls I didn’t end up not liking but my favorite is definitely Sakura (call me vanilla but I really like how far she comes in the story and her character development overall). Although I think Hatsuho and Anastasia are also great and I definitely see why people like them a lot. But yeah the cast in the 2019 game is great and they’re all really nice honestly.
Anastasia tbh doesn't really do anything for me. I don't like the direction they took with her character in her chapter; this might change once I'm done with the game but for now she's by far my least favorite of the main team.

Azami is adorbs and deserves all the headpats and manju.

Claris reminds me a lot of Diana from Sakura Wars 5, which isn't a bad thing because I liked her quite a bit.

Sakura is the vanilla girl. I like her in the same vein as I like characters like Ochaco Uraraka and Nami - fun characters that are fine as they are, I just find other characters more interesting. Nothing wrong with her. Her friendship with Hatsuho is also very charming and believable, and I think that's part of why I like Hatsuho so much too - she'd give anything for her best friend. It's very cute.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Cute fanart.
Awwwww, that's adorable!

So, I finished up SST, and yeah, I'm still out here simping for stanning Hatsuho. She's taken over as my favorite Sakura Taisen girl, heck, even my favorite waifu as a whole. Otherwise, I'd say it goes Hatsuho > Azami > Claris > Sakura > Anastasia; in terms of likability (not necessarily romanticly inclined).

Also, the anime gave me what I wanted - proper development for my girl, which I was a little annoyed that her chapter kinda got stolen by Sakura.

That said, the anime's dub cast is... a little on the eh side. Though, the voice actress of Nico Robin in One Piece's dub as Anastasia sounds perfect. Whereas the voice actor of Makoto Niijima/Michiru Kagemori as Sakura Amamiya? I'm not a fan.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Tomino the creator of Gundam hates Sakura Wars because he's jealous of Oji Hiroi (creator of Sakura Wars) had childhood experiences hanging in theater dressing rooms due to his aunt being a SKD Dancer. Sakura Wars maybe a fictional story but alot of it comes from real life experience by Hiroi when he was younger. That means Hiroi can make a story that only he can make and attract a certain audience with which makes Tomino jealous.
its a pretty interesting topic to look into.

"So the world of Sakura Wars is exactly what he experienced"

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Tomino the creator of Gundam hates Sakura Wars because he's jealous of Oji Hiroi (creator of Sakura Wars) had childhood experiences hanging in theater dressing rooms due to his aunt being a SKD Dancer. Sakura Wars maybe a fictional story but alot of it comes from real life experience by Hiroi when he was younger. That means Hiroi can make a story that only he can make and attract a certain audience with which makes Tomino jealous.
its a pretty interesting topic to look into.

"So the world of Sakura Wars is exactly what he experienced"
The Chad Oji Hiroi

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Awwwww, that's adorable!

So, I finished up SST, and yeah, I'm still out here simping for stanning Hatsuho. She's taken over as my favorite Sakura Taisen girl, heck, even my favorite waifu as a whole. Otherwise, I'd say it goes Hatsuho > Azami > Claris > Sakura > Anastasia; in terms of likability (not necessarily romanticly inclined).

Also, the anime gave me what I wanted - proper development for my girl, which I was a little annoyed that her chapter kinda got stolen by Sakura.

That said, the anime's dub cast is... a little on the eh side. Though, the voice actress of Nico Robin in One Piece's dub as Anastasia sounds perfect. Whereas the voice actor of Makoto Niijima/Michiru Kagemori as Sakura Amamiya? I'm not a fan.
Wait the anime has a dub?

Top Bottom