• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Doom Marine or Doomguy

Classic Doom Marine Design from the original DOOM

Who's the Doomguy?

The Doomguy's face in DOOM and DOOM 2.

The Doomguy is a space marine who survived a demon attack. His goal is to stop the invasion of demons by destroying them. Not much is known about his past, since he's supposed to represent the player in the DOOM games. However, depending on the continuities involved with DOOM and Wolfenstein 3D, he may be a descendant of the Wolfenstein 3D protagonist, William "B.J" Blazkowicz. Regardless of known identity, he's helped made DOOM a well-known game of history.
What can this Doomguy do?
The Doomguy is capable of punches and holding a variety of gun weapons, ranging from a lowly pistol to a big plasma gun called the BFG 9000. The Doomguy has been known use the variety of weapons to escape or destroy his enemies. His use of plasma guns and a rocket launcher could be useful for an interesting moveset.
Doomguy's Third-Party, from Id Software. Has he been on Nintendo platforms?

The Doom Marine as the Doom Slayer in Doom (2016)
The Doomguy has many appearances on Nintendo platforms. The original DOOM from 1993 and it's sequel DOOM II have been on Nintendo platforms. The original DOOM has been on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and both DOOM and DOOM II had releases for the Game Boy Advance. There has been a Doom game released for the Nintendo 64 called Doom 64. Doom (2016) is on the Nintendo Switch and so will be Doom Eternal. This does help him qualify for Super Smash Bros.

Moveset Ideas
Doomguy's arsenal, sans realistic guns and a chainsaw, seem like perfect tools for coming up for a moveset. He could also borrow not so realistic weapons and gear from later games like DOOM 3's Soul Cube and Ionized Plasma Levitator (easier referred to as the Grabber) or the 2016 DOOM's Static Rifle and Lateral Thrusters. Doom Eternal's additional weapons and suit upgrades are also considerable.

The tactics of run and gun FPS can be reflected on a tactical offensive projectile game. A playstyle idea can manifest this way in keeping pressure or an all out offensive designed to back opponents off. To balance this out, he may end being a little lacking in the defense department outside of a keep away game. The Static Rifle, if used, could make the run and gun game feel turn into his gimmick. Feel free to offer your own ideas, I may end up including them in the OP, if you wish.

Pro's and Con's
There are arguments for and against the Doomguy's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Can't really look past either side of the arguments.

Pro's
  • Has good relevancy within gaming as of now.
  • Has a historical impact making game appearances.
  • Is likely to have more of an edge on his competition in his company, id Software.
  • Western IPs are considerable.
Con's
  • First Party has higher priority.
  • Music having gray area copyright issues in DOOM (1993) and DOOM II could be a legal hurdle.
  • Bethesda, id Software's sister company, may present itself as competition in Skyrim's cast.
Middle Ground
  • We don't know how id Software or parent company Zenimax would respond to a request for Smash representation.
  • An odd choice for a character.
  • A character from the classic run-and-gun FPS games from the DOS era.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Long time Doom fan here, so I can support. The 2nd reboot was one of my favorite games from last year, but I loved even the iterations of Doom 3 which was a black sheep for some. Of course, hard to compare to classic Doom.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I know there'll be complaints about gun violence but there's a simple and lore friendly way around that. Give him the Chainsaw. It was such a waste that Corrin only used the Yato's chainsawiness in one attack.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I know there'll be complaints about gun violence but there's a simple and lore friendly way around that. Give him the Chainsaw. It was such a waste that Corrin only used the Yato's chainsawiness in one attack.
The plasma guns are somewhat like Fox's blaster. It's not as complaint spawning as the more realistic guns. As for my thoughts on a moveset, I avoided the chainsaw so I could think of other weapons and equipment while still being lore friendly. I thought the chainsaw would be a issue in of itself unlike the chainsaw sword that both Corrins have. Grenades and rocket launchers have been seen with Solid Snake with no apparent issue and the Doom Marine has used the same. As for my thoughts with grenades and rocket launchers, I would rather let Solid Snake have those.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Would be interesting and kinda funny if he had melee attacks/skills for Smash in a similar vein to that of the glory kills introduced in Doom 2016, minus the maiming and stuff of course. Other things like the BFG could work as a final smash similar to Samus's that blows away anyone within range, but I'd also be fine with more niche items like the Soul Cube.

Aside from having it on PC back in the day, I played the hell (heh) out of the first Doom on GBA, though I noticed that port was strangely missing the Cyberdemon level, Tower of Babel. I wish I had first experienced Doom II similarly (first tradionally and then portably), but had to wait till it was available on later platforms I had. Likewise, I bought the original Doom 3, but my older computer at the time sadly could not run/play it, so had to wait till the Doom 3 BFG Edition was a thing.

There's also Doom 64 which was made by different people which I never played all the way through. Mostly remember it being too dark and hard to see where I was going, but it had some interesting stuff. More of an off-brand game, but okay for what it was I guess.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I we somehow ever got Doomguy, a stage with this track is a necessity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw

I'll be the first to admit that my experience with the Doom series is extremely limited though. I borrowed Doom 3 from a friend, and I still haven't gotten around to it. Other than that I've seen snippets of gameplay for the classic titles and a couple of episodes from the SGB's playthrough of the new one.

Still it's a character and series that I've always been intrigued by nonetheless.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The DOOM series is ****ing awesome and DOOM 2016 was easily one of the best games released last year with a fantastic soundtrack from Mick Gordon.
Doomguy needs to Rip and Tear the Smash cast a new one.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Secretly my most wanted third-party character after Banjo-Kazooie. That said, if Doomguy/Marine/Slayer ever got into Smash, there would have to be some sort of button combination that, when held after selecting a stage (like starting as ZZS and Sheik in previous games), it would change Doomguy's in-game portrait to the classic animated head from the original games. Could you imagine how SICK that would be?!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Only really got into Doom last year through the 2016 game, but Doomguy is definitely up there for me as far as third parties go, no matter how unlikely he may seem (Bethesda's presence on the Switch, and Doom having a history on Nintendo consoles, definitely helps). Given that first person shooters aren't as popular in Japan, I don't know how likely he is to be up for consideration, but much like Ryu, he popularized an entire genre, and he would be a ton of fun to play as even if he's just limited to energy weapons, rockets, chainsaws, and his own fists.

Count me in as a supporter!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Doomguy "RIP AND TEAR" his way to Smash!

grammatical error intended.

Also you forgot to mention DOOM 64. A completely new game made for the N64. (Based on a mod but it wasn't just a port of the first two)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would prefer 2016 doom on switch...

but,
RIP AND TEARRRRR!!!!
I remember seeing a mock-up for Doom (2016) on the Switch, back before the Switch came out. Bethesda working with Nintendo certainly makes it seem possible; I already bought the game on PC, but I would gladly double-dip if it came out on the Switch.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Really appreciate how they recently made the season pass content free for Doom 2016 (guess they had to eventually when the multiplayer community had been so small and divided between those who did and didn't have the DLC's) which I've gone back to playing ever since and am almost done with the prestige/level grinding for unlocking every armor piece. Currently using one of the templar knight sets until I unlock more of the cyberdemonic body parts. The playable demons when you find a demon rune are overpowered af, but that's part of the fun.

Rip and tear until it is done.

Oddball

Smash Lord
If Rip and Tear isn't one of his taunts, I'll be super disappointed.

I also wouldn't mind a move where he powers up and yells "Now I'm radioactive!"

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Screw it, Doomguy for Smash. Cyberdemon as an assist trophy or some other form of NPC.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Yes.

YES.

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSS.

Not only do I get to play 2016 GOTY on the go, but now Doomguy has more ammo (heh) for a potential Smash inclusion!

Rip. And. Tear.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm excited that Doom got the Switch library all warmed up, Doomguy would be awesome and a welcoming addition to the Smash roster for the next game! HE IS MY Third Party character priority for the next Smash. I MUST RIP...AND..TEAR!!!! "At Doom's Gate plays"

Man imagine if Pit fights against the demons, especially Hellknights and Revenants. It'll be Angel vs. Demons.
Oh and maybe Samus could join the action.

My dream team of hunting down demons: Doomguy, Pit, & Samus. I'm calling it right now! Yeah call me crazy.

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I am glad everyone's excited (and yes I am glad for this as well) for DOOM 2016 is getting a Switch release and same with new Wolfenstein game as well. The direct made me think along the lines "Now I really want these games more than I do now."

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I would absolutely love to see Doom Slayer in the new Smash Bros! He has my support! I've even thought of a moveset for him:

Unique mechanic #1: Glory Kills: Whenever a character is dizzy or in a helpless state, as well as over 100% damage, Doom Slayer can grab them and instantly kill them. Each character has a unique animation that while, having no blood or gore and being silly looking to appease Smash Bros, the animations would still have that brutal nature of the new Doom, such as shoving Charizard's tail down its throat until it becomes a soot pile, draining Pikachu's energy into his Praetor Suit and closing Kirby's mouth as he's inhaling and pops him like a balloon. (Thanks to ryuu seika for the ideas for both the gimmick and the animations for it!)

Unique mechanic #2: Rip and Tear: Doom Slayer has the ability to use his attacks while walking, just like he does in the original Doom games.

Jab: A single hook punch. This is from if Doom Slayer is under the effects of the Berserk power-up.

Side- and Up-tilts: Doom Slayer fires a weapon he has out at the moment. All directions within the range of the side-tilt and up-tilt change his aim while he’s moving. Using side-tilt can also allow Doom Slayer to move while he’s firing.

• Pistol is the weakest in terms of actual damage, but fires real fast, similarly to Fox’s Blaster. You can also hold the A button to charge a more powerful shot similar to Falco’s Blaster.

• The Combat Shotgun is the next weapon up. It works like a normal shotgun would: does loads more damage at close range. There is some time in between shots to fire, however, so be careful.

• The Heavy Assault Rifle is number three. This has a fire rate of 500 rounds a minute, and does some decent damage per shot. This can be held for a continuous fire.

• The final weapon is the Chaingun, which is the most powerful. It needs time to spin, but its max fire rate of 15 rounds per second, as well as the damage output, make this gun a force to be reckoned with.
Down-tilt: Doom Slayer swaps between his weapons in a fixed order, hitting opponents in the process with the weapon. The pistol does the least damage, and the chaingun does the most damage.

Dash attack: Doom Slayer either pistol whips or buttstrokes the opponent based on whether he has the pistol, shotgun, HAR or chaingun.

N-air: Doom Slayer swings his chainsaw around him. The chainsaw hits multiple times and does decent damage and knockback.

F-air: Doom Slayer stabs in front of him with the chainsaw.

D-air: Doom Slayer kicks underneath him with the Jump Boots, giving him some decent recovery as well as dealing fire damage.

B-air: Doom Slayer slashes behind him with the chainsaw.

U-air: Doom Slayer throws one of two grenades upwards based on how long the player presses the button. A light tap throws a frag grenade, which has as much power as a Steel Diver missile. A long hold throws a siphon grenade, which deals a vampiric damage-over-time effect on any opponents caught in the blast.

Edge Attack: Doom Slayer sweeps with the chainsaw.

Smash attack: Instead of having three Smash attacks like the other characters, Doom Slayer only has one Smash attack that has 360 degree aim and still allows Doom Slayer to move while charging. If the player uses the down smash input, Doom Slayer will jump halfway through the charge. In this, he uses the Super Shotgun, which does loads of damage and knockback. The only downside in this is that this move has the longest end lag of any attack in any Smash Bros iteration ever, as he needs to reload after doing this.

Grab: Doom Slayer violently grabs the sides of the opponent.

Pummel: Doom Slayer slams his fist into the opponent’s face.

F-throw: A blast to the gut with the shotgun.

D-throw: Doom Slayer slams the opponent onto their stomach and glides his chainsaw along their back.

B-throw: Doom Slayer buttstrokes the back of their head with the Super Shotgun.

U-throw: Doom Slayer lands a brutal uppercut to the chin.

Neutral B: Plasma Gun: Doom Slayer will fire a plasma gun that shoots at a high rate of fire and deals electrical damage to the opponent it hits. The player can change the trajectory of the gun by tilting the joystick, as well as hold the button to aim before firing, or lightly tap the button to apply one of two Weapon Mods that are in a fixed order and are on a timer:

• Heat Blast: Over time, the Plasma Gun will build up excess heat from firing. When it develops enough heat, the player can double tap B to release a wave of heat that is short range, but does loads of damage and knockback.

• Stun Bomb: If the player double taps the B button, Doom Slayer will fire a round that stuns the opponent hit. After firing however, the Stun Bomb must recharge before being used again.
Side B: Rocket Launcher: Doom Slayer will fire a rocket launcher that explodes with the force of a Bombchu. The player can change the trajectory of the gun by tilting the joystick, as well as hold the button to aim before firing, or lightly tap the button to apply one of two Weapon Mods that are in a fixed order and are on a timer:

• Remote Detonation: Doom Slayer can detonate the bomb early by pressing B after firing. This can be helpful, as he can destroy any traps that may be in his way (Like Motion-Sensor Bombs and Gooey Bombs.)

• Lock-on Burst: All while the player is holding the B button, the rocket launcher will lock onto the closest target in its field of view. When it fires, however, it will shoot three rockets at once instead of just one.
Up B: Lateral Thrusters: Doom Slayer will propel himself upwards with the Lateral Thrusters, making him dodge in the air quicker and ‘fly’ for a bit. Using this one time in midair will not make him helpless, but the second time will. The second mid-air use must charge before it can be used again, however. In the meantime, all mid-air Lateral Thruster uses will make him helpless.

Down B: Gauss Cannon: Doom Slayer will fire a giant cannon that magnetically propels metal spikes, dealing some decent knockback. The player can hold down the B button to make Doom Slayer aim this monster of a gun, and can jump while aiming. The shots themselves have recoil, making this move a good recovery tool. The player can change the trajectory of the gun by tilting the joystick, as well as hold the button to aim before firing, or lightly tap the button to apply one of two Weapon Mods that are in a fixed order and are on a timer:

• Precision Bolt: With this Weapon Mod active, holding the B button after double tapping will make the Gauss Cannon increase in range and power, giving this gun a sort of sniper-like feel. Precision Bolts are powerful and can kill an opponent from long distances. This reduces his movement speed while holding the B button, however.

• Siege Mode: With this Weapon Mod active, holding the B button after double tapping will give the Gauss Cannon the ability to charge shots the penetrate opponents, damaging all opponents behind the first hit. This completely plants Doom Slayer to the ground when using this, however.
Final Smash: BFG9000: Doom Slayer takes out his oh-so-famous Big F---ing Gun 9000 and primes himself with it. In this state, he will fire a slow-moving green ball of plasma that will zap-fry anybody near it that isn’t covered by the environment in mid-flight, and will create a vast explosion that will completely obliterate any opponents in a radius. If Doom Slayer directly hits someone with a BFG shot, that opponent will be instantly KO’d, no matter what health they are at. Doom Slayer can fire up to three shots before the Final Smash ends.

Final Overview: Fast as all hell and hitting with the force of a meteor, Doom Slayer is brutality incarnate. His weapons can rack up some serious damage and his Super Shotgun can be used as an amazing finisher, not to mention his Weapon Mods can give him new advantages and disadvantages. A Glory Kill can score an easy knock-out if Doom Slayer manages to grab them while they're dizzy and above 100% damage. His grab game is also slightly decent, the only exception being his pummel, which is both fast and damaging. The Siphon Grenade in his U-air can be used as a great way to heal himself if he is high in damage. His Final Smash is also extremely powerful, living up to its name as a force to be reckoned with. As for disadvantages, he's not without his faults: players can easily avoid the line of fire of his guns and he has obscene end lag on more than half of his moves, especially his Smash attack. As mentioned before, Doom Slayer's Weapon Mods have both its advantages and disadvantages. For example, the Siege Mode Gauss Cannon can completely plant him to the ground, leaving him open to attacks from anywhere that isn't in his line of fire. His grenades can also be avoided easily, making it difficult for his Siphon Grenade to hit anybody. His Lateral Thrusters also don't cover much distance vertically, so it is recommended to use the recoil of his D-air and Gauss Cannon before using his Up-B.

Notes: As I was writing this, I wasn't really sure what people would think of the Glory Kill mechanic, as well as his moveset, so if anyone has alternative functions or improvements, please let me know.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
GolisoPower GolisoPower That is way too many gimmicks and too much of an RNG element.

Instead of gimmick one, the random chance for a dizzy state, consider letting his grab perform the instakill if used on a helpless opponent who is over the 100% kill threshold. Then give him hitstun on several moves that scales with the opponent's percent, helping set up the "helpless" state while keeping numbers above a hundred at least somewhat relevant.
Note that shield breaking is also a great setup for these fatalities.

Gimmick 2, the ability to walk while firing, removes the inherent vulnerability of attacks by preventing him from committing to a single location, making it very, very powerful. It also seems to contradict the effects of the weight of some of his weapons.

Gimmick 3, the ability to swap weapons to alternate between multiple similar moveset, highly complicates the character and seems like it alone would be more than enough for one character. I haven't played Doom, though, so I don't know how integral the ability to perform the same move with different weapons is to his character or whether he could feel game accurate without it.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Doom has played a big role in my life, but I never considered him for Smash before... Ever since Bayonetta opened up a can of worms (guns, sexyness, etc), and Cloud basically spat on the range of support a 3rd party must have... I've been a lot less strict on wild ideas of characters popping up in Smash.

So yeah. Doomguy! Or as I knew him because of the novel, Flynn Taggart (Aka: Fly).

Don't forget the still exclusive Doom 64!

I definitely support this character.
I imagine he could use Fists, Chainsaw, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Gun, and BFG.
Maybe Even incorporate the explosive barrels somehow!

I have only played up to Doom 3. Excluding 64 which I played a bit.

Love this suggestion! I support it!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
To keep the suggested fatalities silly, I feel like they should be as cartoon as possible. So, for example, if Charizard's tail does get shoved down his throat, he does that classic turning to soot and falling away until only blinking eyes are left thing.

Other ideas are Pikachu being drained of all energy to power the suit, Kirby's mouth being held closed as he tries to inhale, popping him like a balloon and Mario being kicked in the crotch so hard his tanooki tail pops out.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
GolisoPower GolisoPower That is way too many gimmicks and too much of an RNG element.

Instead of gimmick one, the random chance for a dizzy state, consider letting his grab perform the instakill if used on a helpless opponent who is over the 100% kill threshold. Then give him hitstun on several moves that scales with the opponent's percent, helping set up the "helpless" state while keeping numbers above a hundred at least somewhat relevant.
Note that shield breaking is also a great setup for these fatalities.

Gimmick 2, the ability to walk while firing, removes the inherent vulnerability of attacks by preventing him from committing to a single location, making it very, very powerful. It also seems to contradict the effects of the weight of some of his weapons.

Gimmick 3, the ability to swap weapons to alternate between multiple similar moveset, highly complicates the character and seems like it alone would be more than enough for one character. I haven't played Doom, though, so I don't know how integral the ability to perform the same move with different weapons is to his character or whether he could feel game accurate without it.
Thanks for your feedback! I had a feeling someone would point out the gimmicks. :)

When making Doom Slayer's moveset, I was looking back at past Smash characters: people who played Ryu felt like they were playing Street Fighter and Villager players felt like they were playing Animal Crossing in a sense, so with those in mind, I wanted to make hypothetical Doom Slayer players feel like they were playing Doom.

For the Glory Kill system, that actually sounds like a great idea for it!

With Gimmick #2, every time I've seen gameplay of Doom, I've always seen the character running while firing and again, I wanted to make hypothetical DS players feel like they're playing Doom, so I thought to myself 'Hey, if they can move while attacking, they might feel like they're playing a Doom game!'

Now onto Gimmick #3, the swapping-between weapons in his moveset thing, and I'll just assume you're also talking about the Weapon Mods. Doom was fun because players can swap weapons on the fly while attacking, mixing up in different ways to kill enemies in the game, and obviously, I didn't want to include all his weapons in his tilt attacks, so I mainly stuck to the pistol, shotgun, assault rifle and chaingun. I could remove one of those weapons for you to make it more manageable if you want.

The Weapon Mods in the new Doom really fascinated me in the sense that they gave Doom Slayer's weapons variety in functions, and was thinking that they could be implemented in Smash to give him advantages and disadvantages, similarly to Shulk's Monado Arts. I knew I wasn't going to put them in every gun in his arsenal, so I just limited it all to his specials, and since there were only two for each (except the Super Shotgun, which only has one), I thought that they'd contribute to the uniqueness (or gimmicky nature, whichever you prefer) of him as a fighter.

Also, I like the ideas for the silly nature of the Glory Kills! 'Nuff said!

Again, thanks for your feedback, man! :)

EDIT: Implemented your Glory Kill idea into the moveset and gave you the credit for it!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I unironically want to make Rip and Tear a reality in Smash.

So I support Doomguy.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Doom is coming out November 10th, which is much sooner than I thought. (I was expecting early December)

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386

Doom is coming out November 10th, which is much sooner than I thought. (I was expecting early December)
That's a good release date. I would like the classic Doom and Doom 2 to come on the Switch as well and hopefully it would be the PC version of the classic games. I would wish the same for the Wolfenstein games too.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's a good release date. I would like the classic Doom and Doom 2 to come on the Switch as well and hopefully it would be the PC version of the classic games. I would wish the same for the Wolfenstein games too.
My main concern is that it's really close to Mario Odyssey and Sonic Forces. I want all three of those games, but in Canada, games cost about $90 with tax, so that's a lot of money to put down in a short time frame.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
My main concern is that it's really close to Mario Odyssey and Sonic Forces. I want all three of those games, but in Canada, games cost about $90 with tax, so that's a lot of money to put down in a short time frame.
Shoot, I didn't think of that. Canada paying $90 with tax for a game? I can't convert the U.S and Canadian dollar values off the bat, but that sounds like a lot. And yes, there are a good bit of games coming out around late October and all of November, so it's tough for people on a budget to get them.

As for Doom (2016), I hope it doesn't go higher than $49.99 (plus tax) in U.S Dollars on the Switch.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Shoot, I didn't think of that. Canada paying $90 with tax for a game? I can't convert the U.S and Canadian dollar values off the bat, but that sounds like a lot. And yes, there are a good bit of games coming out around late October and all of November, so it's tough for people on a budget to get them.

As for Doom (2016), I hope it doesn't go higher than $49.99 (plus tax) in U.S Dollars on the Switch.
Yeah, it's $80 without tax ($90 once tax is included), but that's still a big leap up considering that games were $60 until the Wii U era. (and the prices never seem to go back down to something more reasonable)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hard to believe it's less than a week until the Switch version of Doom comes out! Depending on how the controls are, I might wait and get Wolfenstein 2 for the Switch as well. (though I'll probably be waiting a bit before getting that one regardless; there are enough games in my backlog as is)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just found this, and these two things go together surprisingly well!

It helps that whoever edited this has excellent timing when it comes to throwing in specific Glory Kills.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Pioneer of the the FPS? Check. History with Nintendo? Check. Mature while still being able to tone it down? Check. Support!
And still at the very least, relevant to the gaming industry. I've been wondering something; B.J from Wolfenstien could be an alt costume for Doomguy if possible, but that's just a silly guess.

Top Bottom