• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tomorrow's the day that the final fighter of this pass gets revealed. Here's to hoping its our favorite demon slayer!

Even if he's not there's still hope for post-Pass DLC.

dolke

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately I won't be able to catch the presentation live. But you best believe if its our boy i'll be stopping by here

Senator Phillips

Smash Cadet
Here's holding out hope that we get a nice surprise tomorrow, and if nothing else, that we're not out of the running for the post Fighter Pack spots. No matter what, these are exciting times and I'm looking forward to this.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Sharing this from Geno Thread. Looks like DMC3 info is completely unrelated to Smash.
So it turns out that the big DMC news that would fall on the same day as the Smash announcement (And everyone was certain this meant Dante would join the fight) turned out to be Style Mode Change being added to DMC3

So, there goes a potential competitor. I'm putting all my chips on Doomslayer right now bringing our boy home

View attachment 257863

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
Sharing this from Geno Thread. Looks like DMC3 info is completely unrelated to Smash.
Either way, I'm more than happy. Dante seemed to be the biggest roadblock with regards to the Slayer's more obvious competitors. So unless Sakurai pulls the rug out from under us, the only ones left standing would be Arle and (maybe) Kos-mos.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I won't be able to react live, as I'll be picking someone up from the airport at the time the stream happens; but I should be able to catch it on my phone at least

I'm putting my chips on Doomslayer because of Poster/Crop/Artifact theory. You can call it a reach if you wish, I'll admit it's a wild one; but I'm the one who made it popular and brought it into the conversation for both Team Geno and Team Slayer, so I'm making it the hill I'll die on

A captain must go down with his ship.

See you guys tomorrow

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Let’s keep our expectations in check. Not expecting Doomguy at all, but I would be extremely happy if it was him. Probably the best case scenario too imo, since it would lead to a non insider controller speculation scene. But we’ll see.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Doom Slayer is my want for FP5.
Dante is my guess, though.

Who's up for a double reveal?!
But seriously, the color fits Doom Slayer to a tee.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm not expecting Doomguy tomorrow... But he's my next most wanted right now.
So best of luck to all of us!

Imagine... if he did get in. How much music would they be willing to allow in the game? What if it's an SNK situation!?
Worst-best case scenario, what if we get the Cloud treatment? What 2 songs would you choose? And why is one of them E1M1?

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, with how close we're to an announcement I will watch it after waking up before preparing to go to work. Chances are I'll have the presentation in my mind all of day so that'll be something.

Honestly, I think it's going to be someone we don't expect, in a sense, rather than someone that has been shared by lots of people while remaining meaningful towards the Smash series or videogames as a whole (like :ulthero: or :ult_terry:).

But I will say that u would like the reveal to be of course our beloved Slayer. Hoping for the best and preparing for anything, of course.

We're so close to knowing, so let's wait and see~

:bowser::starman:.

defintlynotreal

Smash Rookie
Hey all. I'm new to this thread, and I wish I could've dropped in sooner, but hey, better late than never. I wanna wish you all the best of luck from someone who also really, really wants Doom Slayer in Smash. I'll be streaming my reaction, so if he gets in, my thoughts and opinions will definitely be documented, but that's not the point. We're all in this together, and if all else fails, there's always post-Pass!

Edit: Added some extra words

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Out of the characters that I want, I think Doomguy's the most likely at this point for the fifth fighter's pass character. I'm not putting much stock into overanalyzing the pixels surrounding Sakurai in the video's preview image, but I predicted him being the fifth FP character back in October, and I'm sticking to my guns on this one. (pun unintended)

Toucan_Man

Smash Cadet
Currently trying to dampen my expectations for our Doom-Guy so that if this is actually the moment, it will be as sweet as possible. Even if it isn’t, there’s still post-pass afterall. I haven’t really been active on this thread much, but I’m wishing you all luck! :bee:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Drats

Byleth so verge and sabi are alive
EDIT: WAIT NO THEY ARE NOT THEY SAID NO FIRST PARTY REP!

That’s the three houses version of robin essentially

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oh well.

I mean, Three Houses did do well enough, and they use more than just a sword.

Also, there's still more DLC slots afterwards, so let's not let up.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
Byleth...

A literal who, but more so in the sense of "Literally, who asked for this character?!"

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Byleth...

A literal who, but more so in the sense of "Literally, who asked for this character?!"
People did ask for Byleth (we have a support thread that shows that), and it's a definite improvement over what happened with Corrin, whose game hadn't even been released outside of Japan when he was announced for Smash.

Last edited:

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
He's definitely trolling. I just hope we get some info about the next fighters. FP2 confirmation please...
EDIT: YESS! FIGHTER PASS VOL 2 WITH 6 FIGHTERS!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
About the only bright side of such a baffling choice, but hey, I'll take it.
We also got a Cuphead Mii costume with music, which is a plus in my eyes.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a solid game, and definitely worth trying, but I can see why people are annoyed by an eighth Fire Emblem character. Still, we're getting six characters post-pass, which is MUCH more than what I was expecting. (I figured it would be three, four tops)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am quite pleased with this. Been watching a lets play of Three Houses and I actually saw the reveal on that lets players livestream, so it was quite hype. I understand the disappointment, but I also understand why Byleth is here.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well Doom Slayer ain't #5 but he also didn't get Mii Costume'd so I'll take what I can get.

This next pass is supposed to end by December 2021 so if he's in, hopefully we don't have to wait too long. We'll at least have Eternal coming out rather soon!

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
uh on the bright side I guess we didn't get deconfirmed
Not to dampen spirits (heheh), but Byleth has effectively enabled 1st-party characters as DLC characters.

Now it's just muddied the pool with additional characters from already-represented franchises.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I didn't hope for much but damn what an underwhelming choice for a character. I guess it makes sense for Nintendo to have their own character in the pass too but they really should've picked a new IP, Fire Emblem is already in Smash with abundance. 6 more chances is great but I'm disappointed we didn't see who the next one is.

I'll admit I was a little worried when Altair popped up as a Mii costume.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I didn't hope for much but damn what an underwhelming choice for a character. I guess it makes sense for Nintendo to have their own character in the pass too but they really should've picked a new IP, Fire Emblem is already in Smash with abundance. 6 more chances is great but I'm disappointed we didn't see who the next one is.

I'll admit I was a little worried when Altair popped up as a Mii costume.
I felt my heart stop and flutter at the same time with that. It was "Wow, Assassin's Creed and they can't show the logo? Neat!" and "Oh sweet lord in heaven don't show something by Bethesda."

D

Deleted member

Personally I am extremely excited for Byleth, but don't lose hope! There are 6 more characters and there is a chance Doom Slayer is one of them! It can still happen!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
positive point is that likely sakurai knows that there is a push for doomguy, and the year where pass2 was fixed was a great year for doom.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh just for fun

As we can see the artifact theory was true just not on it being doomguy

The green was part of the background of byleth

Pretty much expected there no way to identify who it is from very very minor cutouts

Last edited:
Top Bottom