• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assist Trophy to Fighter (Art Project)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Hey guys this is my first official submission to a little project I want to do. I always wondered what it would be like if every Assist Trophy got upgraded to playable fighter in Smash. So I'm going to make these. Of course I had to start with Waluigi. These pictures will showcase four special attacks of the fighter, their home stage, and eight alternate costumes. I hope to cover almost every Assist Trophy, ommiting things that are just objects or floating heads/ hands.

Anyway here's a description of his Specials:

Neutral Special: Serve
Press the button to toss a tennis ball into the air, hit the button again to smack it. Depending your timing will determine how fast it will travel, if you hit it perfectly causing the ball to be engulfed with flames.

Side Special: Waluigi Kart
Run over your opponents with the iconic kart. Much like Wario, Waluigi can use this to recover and even leap out of the kart for height. Unlike Wario, he can't pick up the kart or eat it. Once he leaves the kart it disappears.

Up Special: Dice Hit
Waluigi tosses a six sided die from Mario Party up into the air above him and then leaps up to hit it. You can smack people above you when tossing the die, this is good way to prevent opponents from spiking you or performing a meteor smash. But that's not all! Waluigi will get a slight attack stat boost if he hits a 5 or a 6. Be warned, your opponent can knock the die out of the air while Waluigi is leaping after it.

Down Special: Putt

Putt a golf ball across the ground. It's a slow attack but the ball can trip your enemies and disrupt attacks. You can even do this off a ledge to edge guard! When the ball stops rolling you can pick it up and throw it, but so can your opponent.

What do you think? I wanted each Special to come from a different Mario spin-off game. Waluigi should really represent those games and series. Next I'll be doing Isaac! I might need help with that because I've never played Golden Sun.

Attachments

Koopaul

Smash Champion

Isaac from Golden Sun is here! I actually never played any Golden Sun games so I had to do a lot of research for what Isaac's specials might be. It was pretty hard to pick because he has so many different Psynergy abilities at his disposal. Not to mention djinn. A friend of mine who has played the games told me to just use his most iconic abilities and not do anything fancy. I chose these one's for his specials but I figured Ragnarok, Growth, Thorn could be his Smash attacks. As usual, here's a description of his Specials:

Neutral Special: Move
This famous utility Psynergy will push anything in front of him away. It doesn't do any damage so it can be great to use as an edgeguard. It can also shield Isaac from projectiles.

Side Special: Spire
Summon a stone spire from above and drop it in front of you. The longer you hold the button the the farther in front of you it will go. You can also use this to edgegaurd and it can ever meteor smash your opponent.

Up Special: Retreat
This is a well known ability Isaac has. But it's just a teleport. I wanted to do something else but this is the most suitable recovery for Isaac.

Down Special: Quake
Stone pillars burst from below, launching anyone nearby upwards. This move can only be performed on the ground (obviously) but also need sufficient space. If Isaac is near the edge of a stage it will result in only half of the rocks rising (the ones that are away from the edge).

Did you notice Matthew is Isaac's alternate costume? Can you guess what all those colors are a reference to? Next I'll be doing... Hammer Bro? Yes it is!

OnePerson

Smash Rookie
Your work is very cool!!! I'm also doing something but is just a Shadow the Hedgehog moveset, I will update it tho, but here it is if you would like to see it: https://www.instagram.com/chan.karlos/

Also, are you interested in joining the assist alliance? we are a twitter movement only dedicated to show our support to our beloved characters that are assist trophies, it's not about harassing neither annoying a developer, it's just to show our support!! there are Shadow fans, Isaac fans, Waluigi fans among others!! If you are interested please join our discord!
https://discord.gg/CA8SgGH

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Your work is very cool!!! I'm also doing something but is just a Shadow the Hedgehog moveset, I will update it tho, but here it is if you would like to see it: https://www.instagram.com/chan.karlos/

Also, are you interested in joining the assist alliance? we are a twitter movement only dedicated to show our support to our beloved characters that are assist trophies, it's not about harassing neither annoying a developer, it's just to show our support!! there are Shadow fans, Isaac fans, Waluigi fans among others!! If you are interested please join our discord!
https://discord.gg/AukQ4F
Someone else on Twitter told me about the Assist Aliance. I wasn't exactly sure what it is about.

Anyway here's Hammer Bro.
smash_hammerbro_final.png

Neutral Special: Hammer
What else? Hammer Bro throws his hammer at an arc into the air. It's similar to Simon's axe but Hammer Bro's is faster and it bounces a little when it hits the ground. However, it doesn't travel as far or high as Simon's axe.

Side Special: Boomerang
For Smash Hammer Bro learns how to use moves from his fellow bros. He tosses a boomerang that can be angled. It's very similar to Toon Link's boomerang.

Up Special: Amazing Flyin' Bro
From Super Mario World, Hammer Bro summons his floating platform. The platform doesn't gain much vertical height but you can jump off off of it. The platform itself acts like an invincible barrier, so anyone attacking from below won't get through. Try to mess with someone's recovery this way!

Down Special: Sledge Slam
Hammer Bro slams down to the ground causing damage if he lands on anyone. The are tons of ground pound moves in Smash but this one is unique. If Hammer Bro performs this move while standing on the ground, instead of leaping in the air, he'll do a short quick hop and slam. The slam creates a large shockwave that trips anyone caught in it. Hammer Bro can quickly react out of it and attack. This move is far more effective at tripping people than stomping them.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
smash_skullkid_final.png

Neutral Special: Dart
Skull Kid blows a dart at your foe. You can shoot three at a rapid rate by pressing the button fast. If you wait a long enough time before shooting again, the dart will have a sleep effect. Skull Kid's eyes will flash when it's ready.

Side Special: Puppet
Skull Kid calls forth a puppet that drops from above. If the puppet lands on someone it will do damage but it also attacks on it's own. The puppet will stay on the field and chase foes for a few seconds. However, the puppet is fairly weak and will break easily.

Up Special: Fairy Flight
Launch into the air with Tatl and Tael swirling around you. The fairies has a slight windbox and will push opponents away, they also absorb energy based projectile. This is an effective recovery against edgeguarding.

Down Special: Curse
A unique counter attack. Skull Kid thrusts his face forward. If the mask is hit he'll inflict a status condition on who hit him. Depending on how much damage the attack did will determine the curse. Weak attacks will get a Flower on their head. Stronger attacks will Stun them. And the strongest attacks will actually Shrink your opponent for a short time!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
smash_starfy_final.png

Neutral Special: Star Spin
Starfy does a quick spin attack forward with the press of the button. If you mash the button Starfy will keep spinning and you can steer him left and right. However, using too much will cause Starfy to get dizzy.

Forward Special: Moe Spin
In the 4th Starfy game, you learn the ability to spin his friend Moe around. As your forward special you do one powerful spin swinging Moe like a hammer. It's much slower than than the regular Star Spin but have kill potential. It can also reflect projectiles. Thanks Moe!

Up Special: Ultra Star Spin
Starfy spins like a drill up into the air. This move can be steered and angled.

Down Special: Shooting Star
Starfy shoots down with amazing speed extending his head into a sharp point. This attack can meteor opponents.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
smash_ashley_final.png

The popular witch from WarioWare is ready and she brought along Red! Ashley can transform Red into a Wand, a Broom and even a Pumpkin. Ashley's Special attacks will be different depending on Red's form. As a result I had a hard time squeezing everything in. Sorry about that.

Neutral Special 1: Red Poke (Red stabs several times with his poker)
Neutral Special 2: Wand Whack (A slow powerful thrust with a Wand)
Neutral Special 3: Broom Bash (A long reaching smack with the Broom)
Neutral Special 4: Jack-O-Drop (Drop a pumpkin down in front of you)

Side Special 1: Red Toss (Red tosses his poker as a quick attack)
Side Special 2: Wand Crash (A flaming purple meteor crashes in front of you)
Side Special 3: Broom Sweep (Sweep a gust of dust and wind at your foe)
Side Special 4: Jack-O-Fire (The Jack-O-Lantern spits a fireball)

Up Special 1: Red Rise (Red lifts Ashley for good vertical height)
Up Special 2: Wand Rocket (Shoot electricity down and blast up)
Up Special 3: Broom Fly (Ride your broom for good horizontal distance)
Up Spacial 4: Jack-O-Copter (Jack-O-Lantern spins it leaves like a helicopter)

Down Special: Transform
This is where all the magic happens. Use this move to cycle through Red's various forms. You might be left vulnerable when doing this.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Do Poochy next! he could use the Poochy Pups as his down special!
I'm only doing assist trophies. Poochy is not one of them I'm afraid.

Anyway, I'm back with the next character Dr. Wright from SimCity! Dr. Wright constructs buildings, roads, and power plants to damage opponents and obstruct the battlefield. Did you know that Dr. Wright made cameo appearances throughout the Zelda series?

smash_drwright_final.png

Neutral Special: Building
Dr. Wright summons a building in front of him. It shoots up from the ground, launching foes. The longer you hold the button down the bigger the building. The building will stay on the battlefield acting as an obstacle. You or your opponent can knock the building down with a strong attack and do massive damage to whoever it lands on.

Forward Special: Road
A steam roller will drive forward paving a road on the stage. Little cars will occasionally drive along that road causing damage to anyone except Dr. Wright. Opponents can destroy the road by attacking it.

Up Special: Helicopter
Dr. Wright will ride a girder being lifted by a helicopter. Press the button to drop you and the girder down on someone.

Down Special: Power Plant
Construct a power plant and super charge Dr. Wright. As long as that power plant is standing, his speed and attack power will be higher. If someone destroys the power plant, not only will Dr. Wright lose his boost but he will also get electrocuted and take damage.

Those last two alternate colors are based on Mr. Write from Link's Awakening. One is the color scheme from his official artwork, and the other is the good old monochrome Gameboy colors.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm only doing assist trophies. Poochy is not one of them I'm afraid.

Anyway, I'm back with the next character Dr. Wright from SimCity! Dr. Wright constructs buildings, roads, and power plants to damage opponents and obstruct the battlefield. Did you know that Dr. Wright made cameo appearances throughout the Zelda series?

View attachment 201570

Neutral Special: Building
Dr. Wright summons a building in front of him. It shoots up from the ground, launching foes. The longer you hold the button down the bigger the building. The building will stay on the battlefield acting as an obstacle. You or your opponent can knock the building down with a strong attack and do massive damage to whoever it lands on.

Forward Special: Road
A steam roller will drive forward paving a road on the stage. Little cars will occasionally drive along that road causing damage to anyone except Dr. Wright. Opponents can destroy the road by attacking it.

Up Special: Helicopter
Dr. Wright will ride a girder being lifted by a helicopter. Press the button to drop you and the girder down on someone.

Down Special: Power Plant
Construct a power plant and super charge Dr. Wright. As long as that power plant is standing, his speed and attack power will be higher. If someone destroys the power plant, not only will Dr. Wright lose his boost but he will also get electrocuted and take damage.

Those last two alternate colors are based on Mr. Write from Link's Awakening. One is the color scheme from his official artwork, and the other is the good old monochrome Gameboy colors.
Oh sorry about that

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's "The Bouncer", Spring Man! And he brings his stretchy arms into battle. The longer you hold the button for any attack the longer his attack stretches, giving him the greatest range out of all fighters! However, the longer you stretch your arms, the greater the end lag so keep that in mind.

smash_springman_final.png

Neutral Special: Charge Punch
Charge Spring Man's Toasters for a flaming punch. A fully charged punch can be angled up and down.

Side Special: Spring Grab
A long reaching grab that can be angled up or down. However, unlike most tether grabs you don't pull your opponent to you, Spring man pulls himself to the opponent and performs an uppercut. You can also use this to grab the ledge and recover.

Up Special: Spring Jump
Spring Man punches at the ground and launches himself into the air. You can only launch yourself up if you are on the ground. If you are in the air, Spring Man sends a punch down below him attacking from above.

Down Special: Shockwave
Send a shockwave from Spring Man's body. This can reflect projectiles and push away nearby opponents.

D

Deleted member

Someone else on Twitter told me about the Assist Aliance. I wasn't exactly sure what it is about.
Assist Alliance is a hashtag on twitter, that is used by people who are delusional enough to think that their character, who is deconfirmed, still has a chance.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Assist Alliance is a hashtag on twitter, that is used by people who are delusional enough to think that their character, who is deconfirmed, still has a chance.
While anything is possible, I do think it's foolhardy to make a hashtag movement in hopes of getting Sakurai to make them DLC. However, Ridley and K. Rool got into the game because of the dedicated fans. It just took a while. There's no hope for Assist Trophies in Ultimate, but if the fans keep supporting those characters there may be hope for the next game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hah, I've been pushing Lyn for a decade and a half, and I don't expect her to happen in Ultimate, or maybe even ever.

I'll still hold out hope though, but I'm not holding my breath.

Azcorban

Smash Cadet
Do Rodin please (or is he to similar to Bayonetta?). You could look at the scenes from Bayo 2, where he fights by your side or the secret Boss fight against him.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I plan on doing as many Assist as I can, so Rodin would be one of them. Not sure about Chain Chomp.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I made a list of Assist Trophies to do. I randomized them so the order would be unpredictable. Saki is in there. But up next I'll be doing Infantry and Tanks.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I made a list of Assist Trophies to do. I randomized them so the order would be unpredictable. Saki is in there. But up next I'll be doing Infantry and Tanks.
So like... Andy from Advance Wars? Because he's usually the guy that commands said infantry and tanks.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Unfortunately no. My series is desicated to the Assist Trophies. And as a rule, the fighter needs to be primarily about who was featured as the AT. So the focus needs to be on the Infantry and Tank. And adding Andy would take the focus away from them.

If I stray too far away from this rule people might want me to turn other Assist Trophies into other things in an attempt to get a character they want in.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Are you just doing Ultimate's assists? Seems a shame if you of all people don't get to do a Barbara the Bat one.
I'm doing all the Assist Trophies (with a few exceptions like Flies and Hand) from every game. I'll be tackling Infantry and Tank next and that AT wasn't in Ultimate.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Command the Infantry soldier and the tank at the same time, as well as other units. The infantry is a small light fighter so use the tank for protection.
smash_infantry_final.png

Neutral Special: Machine Gun
Hold the button to fire your machine gun. You can angle your shots by holding up or down. You'll run out of ammo and have to wait to get more.

Side Special: Tank
A tank drives forward and stops in the direction you tilted the stick to fire a single shot. The the tank will stay on the stage until it is destroyed. You can continue to use the tank for many things like:

-The tank will drive forward by holding the special button and left/right. Let go to stop and fire.
-You can stand behind the tank for protection. Your machine gun fire can pass through the tank but your foe's projectiles won't.
-You can stand on top of the tank for some extra height. You can even ride it while it's moving.
-You can drive the tank off the edge and land it on your opponent.

Up Special: T. Copter
This will carry the infantry into the air. It can be destroyed, so be careful.

Down Special: Rockets
Fire up to three rockets at an arch. It will only fire one at first. Press Down and the button again to fire each rocket. The vehicle will stay in position until all rockets are fired.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Well, I'm in to see where this will go.

Mostly because I'm a Kid Icarus sucker and I want to see what you'll do for Magnus and Phosphora.

D

Deleted member

Command the Infantry soldier and the tank at the same time, as well as other units. The infantry is a small light fighter so use the tank for protection.
View attachment 222165

Neutral Special: Machine Gun
Hold the button to fire your machine gun. You can angle your shots by holding up or down. You'll run out of ammo and have to wait to get more.

Side Special: Tank
A tank drives forward and stops in the direction you tilted the stick to fire a single shot. The the tank will stay on the stage until it is destroyed. You can continue to use the tank for many things like:

-The tank will drive forward by holding the special button and left/right. Let go to stop and fire.
-You can stand behind the tank for protection. Your machine gun fire can pass through the tank but your foe's projectiles won't.
-You can stand on top of the tank for some extra height. You can even ride it while it's moving.
-You can drive the tank off the edge and land it on your opponent.

Up Special: T. Copter
This will carry the infantry into the air. It can be destroyed, so be careful.

Down Special: Rockets
Fire up to three rockets at an arch. It will only fire one at first. Press Down and the button again to fire each rocket. The vehicle will stay in position until all rockets are fired.
Real talk, this actually looks pretty hype.

I appreciate everything about this project. Can't wait for you to do my boys, Bomberman and Ray MKIII.

Last edited by a moderator:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Hey I'm back!

The ultimate life form, Shadow the Hedgehog makes his way in! He shares some moves with Sonic but he's no faker. He has his own unique abilities as well, and even the ones he shares with Sonic have different properties.

smash_shadow_final.png

Neutral Special: Homing Attack
Just like Sonic, home into your foe. Unlike Sonic this one has greater kill power but can't be held for as long and doesn't rise up as high.

Side Special: Spin Dash
His side special behaves like Sonic's down special and does rapid damage. Shadow's Spin Dash does more damage but can't jump as high as Sonic's.

Up Special: Chaos Control
Shadow warps from one spot to another in an instant. Your average teleport move.

Down Special: Chaos Blast
A move similar to Wario's Waft oddly enough. Over time Shadow will build up enough energy to unleash an explosion from his body. He'll start to glow when it's fully charged. Be warned, this move will put Shadow into free fall so be careful when using off stage.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Time for something different. To thank all my new followers on Twitter I let them choose a Spirit from Smash Bros. Ultimate to be my next fighter for the project. They chose Orbulon from WarioWare! This guy was difficult to come up with moves for. But hopefully it turned out alright.

smash_orbulon_final.png

Neutral Special: Lifter Beam
Orbulon Rises up in his Oinker and projects a beam below. The beam can suck up foes and items into the ship. He can travel left or right while holding the button. If he sucks up an item it will restore health. If he sucks up a fighter the ship will malfunction and explode. Orbulon will leap out safely but the foe will take damage.

Side Special: Oinker Control
Freely control the Oinker remotely using the control stick. Ram it into your opponents and press the button to send out an electric shock. Be careful, Orbulon will be vulnerable when doing this.

Up Special: Oinker Cruise
Float into the air riding your ship. Hold the button to rise higher, let go to gently descend.

Down Special: Replicator
Use a special device to scan your opponent. Press down special again and a hologram of your opponent will perform their down special in front of you! You'll have to scan them again to use it again.

Is Orbulon's Replicator a Gameboy Camera?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Spirits are going to be rare otherwise I'll be getting tanked with Spirit requests. I only did Orbulon for reaching a milestone with my followers on Twitter. I might do another one in the future. Also people can commission me to do any character they want. So far I had one person ask for Klonoa but they never paid me so...

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Here is my first commissioned fighter! Yamato from an indie game called KAMIKO by Skipmore. It was commissioned by WeegeeLord9 who came up with the moveset and alts.

smash_yamato_final.png

You can read his full description of the fighter here.

Don't worry, I'll get back to doing more Asssist Trophies soon enough.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Dr. Wright: "ROAD ROLLER DA!! MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!!"

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
How about now?

smash_tingle_final.png

Hey Mr. Fairy! Tingle wants to fight too! I decided Tingle should be a Zelda rep since that's what Smash portrays him as. But I still used elements from his own series. Tingle has the ability to knock rupees out of opponents. The more Rupees he has the bigger and stronger his money sack Smash Attacks will be. His Neutral and Down Special also uses Rupees.

Neutral Special: Tingle Bomb
Tingle chucks a tiny bomb forward. However, holding the button down allows you to spend rupees and purchase a huge bomb!

Side Special: Tingle Tussle
A move inspired by Rosy Rupeeland. Tingle shoots forward, if he hits someone they'll get caught in a dirt cloud. Mash the button to do more damage. You'll also rapidly gain rupees this way.

Up Special: Tingle Balloon
Tingle takes to the air with his famous balloon. Functions like Villager's Up Special, so your balloon can be popped.

Down Special: Kooloo-Limpa
Say the magic words and something special happens! Depending on how many rupees you have you can heal 35%, get temporary super armor, surround yourself with bananas, or make a Hammer appear. There's a small chance nothing will happen at all even if you spend your rupees.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I did a Spirit as a special event. If another one occurs then maybe I will. Of course I let the people vote on it first.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's Bomberman! When he deals a strong hit, power ups fly out of his opponent. You can grab these to increase the range and power of your bombs. But be warned, if you get KO'd you'll lose all your power ups. Power ups can easily be destroyed on the battlefield too, so grab them quickly!

smash_bomberman_final.png

Neutral Special: Bomb Drop
Bomberman will drop a regular bomb, leapfrogging over it. These bombs will stay in their position and can even be placed in the air! They explode is their famous cross shape.

Side Special: Bomb Kick
Instead of placing a bomb on the stage, Bomberman will kick it. It will continue to slide forward until it hits something. If there is no floor to slide on it will drop straight down. Bomberman can also do this with bombs he already dropped on the stage.

Up Special: Rubber Bomb
Bounce off of a Rubber bomb and into the air. Rubber Bombs will bounce around on the stage and even off of the opponent instead of exploding on impact. They will explode in a few seconds.

Down Special: Remote Bomb
Just like Bomb Drop, Bomberman can place a Remote Bomb on the stage. These won't explode until you press down special again. You can only place down one at a time.

Top Bottom