• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assist Trophy/Stage Boss for Punch-Out!! ?

D

Deleted member

Considering the antics of the antagonist boxers throughout the franchise's history, I was disappointed we didn't get Bald Bull as an Assist Trophy in Smash 4, and am still hopeful that he will be the AT choice this time around.

As for a Stage Boss for Spirits mode, I'm hoping we can battle Mr. Sandman, because that will be very epic to see him transition into a boss.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
King Hippo makes the most sense as a boss, due to his larger stature.

I had the idea of a Glass Joe assist trophy. Really weak, but when he's defeated, a bunch of croissants fly out in every direction.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
How about a Doc Louis assist trophy? Normally, he does virtually nothing aside from pulling out a chocolate bar and taking his sweet time eating it. But if he's attacked while eating? It gets knocked out of his hand and he goes on a rampage, dealing out swift and powerful punches, like Little Mac's Smash Attacks. So in a sense, he kind of works like the Cucco item, only except he's a much bigger target and more deadly.

As for a Punch-Out!! boss, I have to agree with the idea of King Hippo as one. He's a much more memorable character in my opinion, and the fact that you can't really damage him unless you hit his exposed spot is a good gimmick for a boss battle.

D

Deleted member

The reason why I suggested Mr. Sandman over King Hippo is that while King Hippo is more well known due to his gimmick, I feel like Mr. Sandman would be more epic of a battle. Although some bosses, such as Yellow Devil and Dracula, do have the same philosophy as a King Hippo battle where you have to wait for the opportunity to hit their weak point, I feel like it might be easier to program a boss where you can just attack if you feel comfortable that also plays aggressively.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I would choose King Hippo as a boss.

Speaking of Doc Louis, I kinda want to see him as a background character like Pokemon Trainer when Little Mac is on stage, at least on the boxing ring stage. He sometimes vocalizes taunts. Why not have him be on stage also?

Lyserdon

Smash Cadet
NNID
420BlitzIt
I can't be the only one who wants Mike Tyson as a stage boss.

Top Bottom