• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assist Trophy Character Idea

The Big Shirtz Man

Smash Rookie
so as many of yall know some characters have a sealed fate as an assist trophy or stage hazard. but i have a weird idea for some of our most wanted trophies to become fighters. y'know the pokemon trainer dude who you have to roll the dice of which pokemon you play as every time you fight him? and how you do nearly the same things for assist trophies? well, why now smush em' together to make an assist trophy fighter that does the same thing but with assist trophies? in my eyes, the assist trophy characters would be weak but attack strong and have a bit of its moveset shaved off such as no multiple air moves or grabbing attacks. you could include assist trophies that have been wanted character such as knuckles or bomberman or even mr. wah himself. it would be a unique inclusion to the roster and expand on what the pokemon trainer has already done.
that is all.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
My boi Billy Hatcher! Let's be real. I am gonna need a miracle for him to get in as a character.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
One AT I've been wanting to see is Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus. I don't know how he is in Uprising but the NES game he was a nightmare. Lobbing eggplants at you and if you got hit it would turn your upper body into an eggplant. You can run and jump once but you couldn't attack or anything (Its like grabbing the fake hammer).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I’ve become facinated with the idea of Cooking Mama being an Assist Trophy.

She’s from a best selling series on the DS, she’s well-known by casuals, and her owner (Square-Enix) is already invoked in Smash so by all means, make it happen Sakurai!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Mumbo Jumbo:

Non- combative assist trophy.

When Mumbo enters the battle, all players lose control of their characters who start to levitate at the exact spot they were when Mumbo enters.

Cue the transformation jingle from Banjo-Kazooie complete with the chanting from Mumbo Jumbo.

All the characters in play transform into another random selected character from the playable roster for a brief period of time.

After 30 seconds more or less, the same sequence occurs and all players transform back to their original character

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
John Raimi from Geist will never be a playable character in Smash, and I've accepted that. Furthermore, I'm certain Nintendo is done with Geist in general.

That being said, if Raimi's ghost could possess other characters as an Assist Trophy and have them act erratically a la Luigi's "negative zone" Final Smash, well, that would be fitting and quite awesome.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
While not an assist trophy, I think it would be cool if there were core crystals from Xenoblade that give you a random blade to assist you in battle, in a similar manner to the pokeballs.

Some Paper Mario assist trophies would be cool too. Maybe Count Bleck, Shadow Queen or Rawk Hawk would work. The Mani Mani statue from Earthbound could be a cool assist as well.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I want an Endless Ocean assist, preferably Katherine or Jean-Eric.

Katherine can run around the stage shoving fighters out of the way to reach an ocean creature, like a penguin.

Jean-Eric can drive his boat into the battlefield causing massive waves that players need to avoid.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
This guy would make a great Assist Trophy:

He could stun enemies with the Wall Staples, put them to sleep with the Hypno Pendulum, spin them around with the Siren Beetle and create a cloud of smoke with the Smoke Bomb. Additonally, he could deliver a mean kick!
I really feel Duster has loads of things that could make him a really unique AT.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Considering how many Fire Emblem characters there are, its weird that Lyn is still the only AT. Maybe Tiki who transforms into a dragon then attacks with fire breath. An Armor Knight like Arden or Draug who marches slowly but wrecks whatever gets close. Takumi because ATs can now be punched in the face. The possibilities are endless.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
This guy would make a great Assist Trophy:

He could stun enemies with the Wall Staples, put them to sleep with the Hypno Pendulum, spin them around with the Siren Beetle and create a cloud of smoke with the Smoke Bomb. Additonally, he could deliver a mean kick!
I really feel Duster has loads of things that could make him a really unique AT.
I really like this guy. He had some really unique moves in Smash. I actually made a Mii of him though its based more on his sprite animation.

HNI_0068.JPG

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Yea, I too would like to see Duster as an assist trophy. As much as I love Lucas's updated final smash, it was sad not to see Duster there with Kumatora and Boney. I assume Jeff didn't show up in Ness's because he's already an assist trophy, so I'm holding out hope that Duster is too. He's my favorite character from Mother 3 so I hope he shows up in some capacity. It'd be cool to also see Porky or Masked Man as an assist trophy, but I won't push my luck haha.

I also want to see some Street Fighter and Final Fantasy assist trophies since there weren't any in the last game with Ryu and Cloud being DLC. Don't really care who they'd pick for FF, but for Street Fighter I'd kinda like to see Guile, Chun Li, or M. Bison.

Just a random one, but maybe the Angry Sun from SMB3? It could be funny and also scary.

Top Bottom