• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] Resist the New World Order IV Results - Mobile, AL - December 17, 2011

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Resist the New World Order IV Results!

Keep an eye out HERE for all the Brawl singles bracket videos!

Brawl Singles
1. Kismet :falco: $125
2. Reflex :wario: $60
3. Ragnarok :diddy: :snake: :popo: $25
4. Spade :marth: $10
5. Cam :pikachu2:
5. Ryker :falco: :marth: :gw:
7. ShaSlam :dedede:
7. Popsofctown :dedede: :sheilda:
9. WumpusKing :dk2: :marth:
9. Ensane :diddy: :pikachu2:

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Brawl Doubles
1. Cam :pikachu2: and Spade :marth:
2. Ryker :falco: :marth: and ShaSlam :dedede: :wario:
3. Saint :falco: :popo: and Ragnarok :diddy: :snake: :popo:
4. Ensane :pikachu2: :diddy: and Popsofctown :dedede: :toonlink:

Melee Singles
1. Ragnarok :foxmelee:
2. Reflex :bowsermelee: :gwmelee:
3. Zone :falconmelee:
4. Rhan :younglinkmelee:
5. Mankosuki
5. Kismet :falcomelee:
7. Wafer :linkmelee:
7. Cam :sheikmelee:
9. Roboturner
9. ShaSlam :jigglypuffmelee:
9. Rashad :marthmelee:
9. Mikey
13. Travis
13. Spade :samusmelee: :falconmelee: :falcomelee:
13. WumpusKing :falconmelee:
13. Ryker :drmario:
17. Matt :falconmelee:

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Melee Doubles
1. Ragnarok and Mikey
2. Mankosuki and Zone
3. Reflex and Kismet
4. Ryker and Wafer
5. JD and Travis
5. Rhan and WumpusKing
7. Rashad and Roboturner

*Cam*

Smash Lord
You guys will have to help me fill in some of the characters from Melee singles.

Shoutouts:

1) Kismet: You always have a good attitude about giving smash advice. I appreciate it, and I'm sure others do too.

2) Reflex: Gosh, playing against you is always so entertaining. I love joking around while I play, both in making fun of quirky game mechanics and light-heartedly trash talking my opponent. Good games. Thanks for taking the drinks home with you too.

3) Ragnarok: First of all, thanks for letting us crash at your place. Your Diddy is really much better than the last time I played it. I got schooled, fair and square. I'm going to actually have to practice that matchup now.

4) Spade: Our bracket set was really competitive. I'm glad it was one of those rare occasions where I don't get my balls rocked versus your Marth. I found our matches highly enjoyable and I'll get you next time. Also, that was quite an intense discussion for the last hour and a half in the car. I'm glad you came with me.

5) Cam: Thanks for not getting super salty at this tournament.

5) Ryker: Face it, Link cannot stand up to Ganon. No more salty runbacks. It's over. Also, Filipe` is safe and sound.

7) ShaSlam: Close matches in brackets! I think in time you'll get used to the D3/Pikachu matchup. If not, I think you wouldn't have much trouble picking up a secondary for the rodent.

7) Popsofctown: You have the potential to compete with the best of them. I think you only lack practice and confidence. I'm glad I could drive your bed... I mean my car... home.

9) WumpusKing: I'm glad you rode with us in the car. You are just an upbeat guy to be around. If we go to more tournaments, you are welcome to hitch a ride.

9) Ensane: Glad you got to come with us. I watched your Pikachu versus ShaSlam's D3. You know a lot of Pikachu strategies, but I think you need more tournament experience before you'll start winning. I got my butt kicked the first several tournaments I attended. Everyone does, no joke. It takes awhile before you can really adapt quickly to opponents and figure out the best strategy to apply.

kismet2

Smash Ace
thanks i'm always willing to help out, just not to charities though :awesome:

and rag did you grab a silver controller? it should look pretty new and have a scratch on the back

*Cam*

Smash Lord

and rag did you grab a silver controller? it should look pretty new and have a scratch on the back
Good luck finding your controller. I would help, but that sounds like charity work.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
@opening post: I did not play Toon Link at all this tournament. I only played Shelda/D3.

@kismet: I think I saw Ryker take that controller home

I don't feel like writing shoutouts right now, guess I'm in a lazy or unexpressive mood. I enjoyed this tournament more than AUSOM or HASL mostly because I got legitimate opportunities to play my favorite character since the first day I ever played Brawl. Everyone was really great.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Time for shoutouts from your local Glacier Hikers!

Kismet - We never seem to be able to squeeze in a friendly. HOPEFULLY next time we'll have a hype match! And good job beating Reflex!

Reflex - Thanks so much for critiquing me. The friendlies were all a lot of fun, and I enjoyed being able to learn about Brawl from someone who knows so much about it! I'll step up my game and apply what you've told me, and hopefully take a match off of you next time! (And maybe I won't drop any grabs. ;D )

Ragnarok - It's always fun playing with you bro! Doubles was a lot of fun, despite only winning 2 dollars each! :D Congrats on third place, you don't need MK to place well. Can't wait to face you in tourney. :D

Spade - For starters, congratulations on 4th place, man. You are SERIOUSLY good with Marth. Like, holy ****. The way you kept me out was beginning to wear on me, and you had me scared to face you in bracket. I'm looking forward to doing so, eventually. :) And congrats on beating Rag in pools, he's difficult as a mother****er.
Oh, and I am sorry that the ENTIRE time we were doing friendlies, I used ICs. That's a pretty ****ty way to spend your day. (being CG'd)

Cam - Even one friendly with your Pikachu is a lot of fun, and I'm glad we got one in before I had to leave. :) I still don't understand how you're so precise with your QACs...

Ryker - WE DIDN'T PLAY THE ENTIRE TOURNEY YOU SCRUB D:
Step your game up, bro! Eventually you'll get over this plateau you've seemed to hit, and you'll prolly start wrecking me!

ShaSlam - We didn't get our superhypemoneymatchofthecentury in! WTF. Damn man. Great friendlies, though. You seem like you're cooling off about the Ice Climbers, and when that finally happens, I feel like you'll be able to progress in that match up. :D Good D3, beat the **** out of my scrubby Falco. :)

Popsofctown - I had fun in friendlies against you! Keep practicing with Toon Link, he seriously is a hard counter to ICs. Just...not on Lylat... xD

WumpusKing - I feel like you always elude me.. I've never actually met you. Get in a friendly next tourney!

Ensane -You've got a great Diddy, man. You just need to stick with it and keep practicing. Try not to let your emotions get in the way of playing, if you can. I noticed you seemed down towards the end of my being there. :/

Sorry I couldn't stick around, guys! I would've loved to stay and take fourthirst, but I had a show. :)
I had fun, and hopefully I'll see you all next month. Have happy holidays, and be safe!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

I grabbed it.

Also, I played Falco and Marth in doubles. Rag played ICs in singles as well.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
I go to pensacola often so we should game whenever i roll through man.

i'm still kinda bad though. i got really lucky that second game

Zone

Smash Champion
I go to pensacola often so we should game whenever i roll through man.

i'm still kinda bad though. i got really lucky that second game
I'm also a Pensacola REsident and so is Mankosuki

I'm off tomorrow so i'll spend a portion of the day just uploading vids.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
oh wow I wish there was videos of Reflex's bowser. I've always wanted to see a good bowser in melee or at least being used with some sort of skill.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm embarrassed for some of those vids, but the teams friendly with wafe & mikey is pretty humorous.

Zone

Smash Champion
In due time your matches will be up.

I will need help identifiing some people once uploaded.

Youtube is kicking my butt and uploading extremely slow.

I'm having problems identifying teams.

Who is the falcon/shiek team?

Also I think there was also a fox/falcon team

Who did Wafe team with?

Zone

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post,

I got Rhan+Whumpusking vs a Marth and a fox I believe in winners...

Who is the Marth and the Fox? Help out guys please.

Top Bottom