• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] Above the Influence - Projected pot bonus of $250+!... - March 9th, 2013 - Huntsville, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Oh, bussing from Atlanta might work, but it won't get me to Huntsville, just Birmingham. Train is just as expensive as flying, if not moreso :x ugh, this is going to be a public transit nightmare, no way around it.

Don't waste a stipend on me lol, although it would be pretty awesome you're probably better off sending it to someone that will generate more hype tbh.

:059:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh, bussing from Atlanta might work, but it won't get me to Huntsville, just Birmingham. Train is just as expensive as flying, if not moreso :x ugh, this is going to be a public transit nightmare, no way around it.

Don't waste a stipend on me lol, although it would be pretty awesome you're probably better off sending it to someone that will generate more hype tbh.

*coughGreyhoundcough*

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Megabus goes from ATL to BHam, so if you can get to ATL, you can get to BHam.

I am going through BHam from Tuscaloosa.

I have a passenger seat and plenty of space in the backseat. I could probably fit 4 comfortably sitting down in the back as long as no one is fat, one in the passenger seat, and maaaaaybe on on the floor of the back if they don't mind being there for close to two hours lololol.

I won't be bringing anyone back to BHam unless they plan on leaving that night. I won't be staying in Huntsvill overnight.

I also might have people carpooling with me, so that takes up a few seats probably.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Derp, my bad lol. $40 for Greyhound from Atlanta to Huntsville, 8 hour trip, crappy departure times. I'm still better off paying an extra $50 to fly directly :x meh. Guess I'll try to get a part-time job next semester before looking into it further.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hot damn, I just looked it up and you're right. They've really gone up in price since I last dealt with them.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Derp, my bad lol. $40 for Greyhound from Atlanta to Huntsville, 8 hour trip, crappy departure times. I'm still better off paying an extra $50 to fly directly :x meh. Guess I'll try to get a part-time job next semester before looking into it further.

But megabus to Birmingham!

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Do we have word on livestream stuff?

We should get Player-1 to bring his projector.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I'll be bringing all the stuff from before.

I hear huntsville's Internet is far superior to WABA's so, I'm looking forward to a solid stream

*Cam*

Smash Lord
If you put all the work that you put into WABA, I'm sure it will be more than solid, Brannon :) Thank you for all your hard work.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Invite your friends! This should be a good time. Depending on how smoothly it runs, we may be able to run a third event (though this is nothing close to a guarantee, of course).

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
We could do the Mario Kart or Sonic Adventure 2 tournament that me and John been talking about, I think an odd 3rd side tournament would be cool to do if things run smoothly

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
We'd probably have time to do crew battles for both games, and it would be easy to livestream. That's something to consider.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If we have time for a third tourney, it should be melee. If we have time for a small highlight event, it should be a 3-4 crew round robin.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I disagree. I imagine most of the people there would rather see another event in the game(s) they primarily came for.

Of course, we'd take requests.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
I'm definitely interested in this. Sounds major fun. TN will definitely be coming to this. I've already pre-registered and will bring a set up.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
draft PM crews? with the top 16, top 2 players are the captains?
brawl crews will take a loong time if you do them

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
draft PM crews? with the top 16, top 2 players are the captains?
brawl crews will take a loong time if you do them
If we run crews for Brawl, then it would need to not be draft crews because it would take place after singles and you can't guarantee performance, interest, or attendance. However, I enjoy watching draft crews and P:M would be finished before Brawl Singles. This is an idea I like and I'll try playing with the schedule a bit to see what I would need to fall correctly.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I will do everything I can to make the magic happen

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I will do everything I can to make the magic happen
You will be here if I have to throw you a tow rope and pull Kansas all the way to Atlantic South myself. I will see you get here because you've been an absolute Saint to us.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's not a confirmation until you're 100% sure. This just lets us know if you're interested. There is a section for "confirmed" in the players list.

8Bitman

Smash Master
If you have Brawl Doubles, you get Florida's attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom