• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] Above the Influence - March 9, 2013

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Brawl Singles
35 entrants

1: TheReflexWonder :wario: ($293)
2: Player-1 :diddy: ($146)
3: Spade :marth: ($58)
4: Gadiel_VaStar :pit: :popo: ($30)
5: aml529 :gw: ($18)
5: Mahgnittoc :diddy: ($18)
7: m3t :gw: ($11)
7: Nova 9 :marth: ($11)
9: Kman
9: BlindSpot
9: Ryker
9: Fang
13: Juantanamo
13: Coolwhip
13: Ty!
13: Raqia
17: gyratemussel
17: BigRed
18-35 drowned in pools.

Project M Singles
28 entrants

1: TheReflexWonder :ivysaur: ($140.00)
2: Majora88 :bowser2: ($70.00)
3: KOKingpin :ganondorf: :snake: :gw: ($42.00)
4: Mr. Pickle :warioc: ($14.00)
5: Beorn :link2:
5: Kman :falcon:
7: Mahgnittoc :charizard:
7: Hashtag :pit: :falco:
9: Alex :wolf: :falco:
9: Player-1 :rob:
9: Cheap :peach: :falco:
9: aml529 :sonic:
13: JTMerrell :ness2:
13: Spade :link:
13: Ryker
13: m3t
17: Eurio
17: Gadiel_VaStar
17: Yuji
17: BSL
17: BlindSpot
17: Trevor
17: WumpusKing
17: Shiro
25: fleetfox
25: Deskam
25: Twilcario
25: Ty!

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
This tourney was really fun. I'm glad I was able to attend.

Want to thank Reflex, Cam, and all the other Alabama residents for hosting this tourney. Hope you guys have another one!

I want to thank Nova 9 for driving me all the way to Alabama with him. Thank you so much, man. And congrats on making dat dough.

Also, I'm glad I got to meet the Tennessee gang again. It's been way too long since we all last played. I somehow managed to improve on my own after leaving for school in Knoxville, and I'm glad you all noticed. Hopefully when summer comes, we can get back to the good ol' times again.

And great playing you, JTMerrell. Hopefully we can get more chances to play offline again in the future!

Again, thanks for the experience everyone.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Great tournament Reflex. Good luck sifting through all the random friendlies and tourney matches we have save on that Hard drive. You are too good at smash man.

KMan, Pickle, Alex, Matt - Dudes I'm very proud of how good you guys have gotten. I have to learn new technology each time I play you guys in tournament.

Majora and Hashtag - You guys are both awesome players and good dudes. Hopefully we will get the chance to hang out and play again.

P-1 - Don't be so salty about Link. Yes we know he is a terrible character. But the dude has hit boxes.

Cheap Peach - I'm glad we got to hang out. It's always good to see old melee faces. I'm glad you started to enjoy PM more as the day went on.

Shineless Falco - One day I will actually play you in tournament.

Mr. Game and Watch The Meat King - Good stuff in showing people the way.

Ganondorf - You always fail me in just the right way to keep me coming back.

King Dedede - Go tell Pickle to get ****ed.

Snake - Snake. SNAKE. SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKEEEEE!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm going to miss all of you guys. I'm so proud of everything this community has accomplished. I'm proud that Georgia and Alabama have become so tight knit, I'm proud that the community has been supportive of new players, and I'm proud that we formed the Alabama Smash League and all that came with it. Even though I won't be at tournaments anymore, I hope you guys will keep the Alabama Smash League alive. To me, it's more than just an organization or a tournament circuit; it's the embodiment of what makes our Smash community so special, of what makes Smashers so special. As an atheist, I'm not religious, nor would I say I'm spiritual, but at the same time, I do believe in the human spirit. I believe even more in the Smasher spirit. One psalm from the Bible has always caught my fancy: "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for you are with me." As I travel to distant shores where the wind blows harder and the rain swings sideways, I will remember the Smasher spirit of generosity, unity amidst division, motivation, resilience, and resourcefulness, and I will fear no evil and face every challenge with the endurance and felicity of a true Smasher. Thank you all for sharing this part of your lives with me.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm going to miss all of you guys. I'm so proud of everything this community has accomplished. I'm proud that Georgia and Alabama have become so tight knit, I'm proud that the community has been supportive of new players, and I'm proud that we formed the Alabama Smash League and all that came with it. Even though I won't be at tournaments anymore, I hope you guys will keep the Alabama Smash League alive. To me, it's more than just an organization or a tournament circuit; it's the embodiment of what makes our Smash community so special, of what makes Smashers so special. As an atheist, I'm not religious, nor would I say I'm spiritual, but at the same time, I do believe in the human spirit. I believe even more in the Smasher spirit. One psalm from the Bible has always caught my fancy: "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for you are with me." As I travel to distant shores where the wind blows harder and the rain swings sideways, I will remember the Smasher spirit of generosity, unity amidst division, motivation, resilience, and resourcefulness, and I will fear no evil and face every challenge with the endurance and felicity of a true Smasher. Thank you all for sharing this part of your lives with me.
Amen

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that is a really good post, John. And you have an excellent point I think everyone knows but never really looks at it and thinks about it. We will all miss you, and you've been the biggest influence in our community I can think of. Let me tell you this--Father John is a perfect name for you, because you've been exactly that to this community. You've provided for us, told us when and where to go next, given us so much advice, and (help) set up our entire structure. You're the foundation of not only the ASL, but the spirit we all have as smashers. You've improved our logical minds beyond smash and helped us think outside the box. I wish the best for you in your future endeavors, and you know I'll always be your best friend. Your brother. You've really changed lives.

Alright--now for silliness. This tournament was awesome, thanks to a lot of people. I really enjoyed a lot of different aspects of it, and one cool thing about tournaments since I've been to so many is helping never feels like a chore anymore. I genuinely want to help. Commentating, setting up, helping seed, calling out matches, making sure everything gets done--I enjoy all of that.

I said time for silliness...

Shutouts to P-1 for always beating me.

Shoutouts to GadielVastar[d] for dat ICs. Like i said, banning FD for lyfe. Our matches were so legit.

Shoutiuts to magnittoc for doing so well, and reminding me Huntsville players are solid.

Shoutouts to Blindspot and Ty for being my best Huntsville friends. You guys are awesome (and mahg...)

Shoutouts to people i don't normally get to see--Bjorn, Cheap, KOKingpin, Fang, etc.

Reflex2good. Losing to only my own mains in PM2bad. Reminding me I'm not as good as i thought, or I need to warm up more.

Ryker <3 you bro.

Brannon-fun seeing ya.

Blue-you're really cool and fun to be around, even past smash.

Anyone i forgot-Hope to see you all again soon!

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that is a really good post, John. And you have an excellent point I think everyone knows but never really looks at it and thinks about it. We will all miss you, and you've been the biggest influence in our community I can think of. Let me tell you this--Father John is a perfect name for you, because you've been exactly that to this community. You've provided for us, told us when and where to go next, given us so much advice, and (help) set up our entire structure. You're the foundation of not only the ASL, but the spirit we all have as smashers. You've improved our logical minds beyond smash and helped us think outside the box. I wish the best for you in your future endeavors, and you know I'll always be your best friend. Your brother. You've really changed lives.

Alright--now for silliness. This tournament was awesome, thanks to a lot of people. I really enjoyed a lot of different aspects of it, and one cool thing about tournaments since I've been to so many is helping never feels like a chore anymore. I genuinely want to help. Commentating, setting up, helping seed, calling out matches, making sure everything gets done--I enjoy all of that.

I said time for silliness...

Shutouts to P-1 for always beating me.

Shoutouts to GadielVastar[d] for dat ICs. Like i said, banning FD for lyfe. Our matches were so legit.

Shoutiuts to magnittoc for doing so well, and reminding me Huntsville players are solid.

Shoutouts to Blindspot and Ty for being my best Huntsville friends. You guys are awesome (and mahg...)

Shoutouts to people i don't normally get to see--Bjorn, Cheap, KOKingpin, Fang, etc.

Reflex2good. Losing to only my own mains in PM2bad. Reminding me I'm not as good as i thought, or I need to warm up more.

Ryker <3 you bro.

Brannon-fun seeing ya.

Blue-you're really cool and fun to be around, even past smash.

Anyone i forgot-Hope to see you all again soon!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Awesome tourney. Really glad I got to see John one last time before he leaves for wherever.

Shoutouts to Refoex for being the best commentator even when he wasn't on the mic, ryker for Norfair, hunter for skipping ihop, coolwhip for getting DQ'd after leaving and still not placing last in bracket, and Brannon and ryker for still being free.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
it's hard to be happy bout your placement when top players can still beat you with ****ty characters. *salt* LOL

thanks for the awesome tourney reflex and cam.
sorry to see you're leaving cam it was very nice meeting you, forgot to play you though :(
sorry spade if I came off as rude on that YouTube comment, was not my intention. nice to meet you finally :)

ko and the gang, good **** in pm you guys are monsters. kman, thanks for coming with me man you're a good friend. nice placement too :) JT!!! if you weren't such a *** you would know you don't switch characters after you two stock someone. you would have made it out. glad I got to see ya though and awesome friendlys! ya diddy free yo.

Ty, awesome falco you'll probably get me next time.
ryker, sorry bout that sd game 2 :-( I got lucky.

to everyone else thanks for all the friendlys and mms and thanks for making my first tourney in Alabama a enjoyable one

_Keno_

Smash Lord
The tournament got me excited about P:M, even though I still think some of the characters are pretty dumb. I'll try to hit up more.

Too bad there was zero melee at this tournament.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Big shoutouts to John(*Cam*), bro I'm going to miss you so much. You def have provided the scene w/ all the tools to succeed. I hope you enjoy the CD I made you bro.

1: TheReflexWonder :wario: ggs bro, congratz on winning! You def deserve it. Thank you for all your help.
2: Player-1 :diddy: gratz on 2nd bro, your diddy is so smooth, idk what you can work on really except your execution and smarts. Maybe you should add more baits to your game, and switch your style up and make it more dramatic. Thanks for the ride though, and getting us there & back safely.

3: Spade :meleemarth: nice job beating me bro, it was close! Playing you and losing will make me a better player for next time. There's a lot of basics I need to rework on, that I see from playing you.
4: Gadiel_VaStar :pit: :popo: Nice try, you got this next time! Just work on more basics, and build a solid foundation for next tournament.
5: aml529 :gw: ggs, you basically prepared me for the event on Monday/Tuesday, it's too bad we had to meet in bracket though. Next time, pick stages you are most confident on!
5: Mahgnittoc :diddy: Nice job bro, I wish we had played, next time
7: m3t :gw: Same, next time I will be looking out to play you

7: Nova 9 :meleemarth: Bro, it was awesome seeing you here! Nice chilling and talking w/ you.
Thanks for the encouragement throughout the event. I'll win one of these someday.

9: Kman - Nice seeing you bro, we have to play next time!

9: BlindSpot - Your pika was good, you should continue playing him and learning.

9: Ryker - Ggs, your Falco is clutch, you caught me off guard on PKS2.

9: Fang - Ggs, too bad things went unfortunate on Frigate, but your TL has a lot of potential. I can tell you know your basics w/ him. You just need to work on your smarts and whatnot, kinda what I struggle with too.

13: Juantanamo - Nice job making it out of pools bro!

13: Coolwhip - I keep hearing your tag, we have to play next time! I'll be on the look out.

13: Ty! - Well play next time bro!

13: Raqia - Ggs in pools bro, keep working on that Falco! Watch DEHF/SLS/Masha for more

17: gyratemussel - Let's play next time man

17: BigRed - Same, let's play next time.

Other shoutouts
*JTMerrell - it was nice seeing you again bro, hopefully we can hangout sometime if I ever come up to TN. You are def improving as a player, and you get waay better everytime I see you. Keep working on your Ness/Diddy combo.

*KOKingpin - Thanks for the tips bro, and for destroying me in P:M.

*Yuji - Keep training bro, I can see you have a lot of potential. Watch DEHF/SLS/Masha for more inspiration w/ Falco.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I just wanna say thanks sooooo much to all the people who got me situated into the tournament, most notably Gadiel_Vastar. Big shout out to him, also thanks to all the people who played friendlies with me including coolwhip(Excellent Mario for your first tournament), and im not sure who the other guy was but he had a cap, was maining falco in brawl with great skill, and his in-game tag was Death. Quote this message if this is you! I may not have gotten alot of Brawl wins, but i got alot of experience and am now more familiar with the tournament setting thanks to All you guys! Thank you all for your patience, and i hope to play with you guys in another tournament soon and stay connected to the Alabama smash league community and smash community in general!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I've some PM videos. Should I splice them and upload them myself or put them on the Dropbox?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If we do this again in the future, we'll drop the door fee. Glad it was a good turnout and people seem satisfied with it. Next time, we can even run Doubles, as time was only worrisome because of issues with equipment and the like.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
*Cam*- I am really gonna miss you, bud. You've done so much for the Smash Community as well as introducing me to a great crowd of Smashers. I remember when we first started talking and when I joined ASL. I was quite happy. Anyway, I'm happy to have met such an awesome guy. You're gonna do great things, man.

TheReflexWonder - Once again, Congrats, Reflex! You're an amazing player and although I didn't see many of your matches, I'm gonna end up watching them multiple times on Youtube. I need to MM you next time! Just so I can get some serious matches with you.

Player-1- Thanks for the ride! You're always fun to talk/hang out with. I really had fun in pools. I'll remember not to choose Delfino next time. Biggest mistake of my life. I'll get you next time though. Plus, I would like to learn some Diddy techniques! Diddy Dittos next time?

Gadiel_VaStar- You have seriously improved! You're Pit is so good. I'm happy to have played you once again. You're a really cool guy. Keep improvin' and you get back with that record company, bud.

aml529- Hey! We've gotta play more! Only 2 friendly matches? No... we'll make it 500 next time. Had fun hangin' with you guys. So you up for some Ness Dittos Nair only?

Nova 9- You suck. Lol. Main a character that isn't retardedly good against Ness, like Ganondorf or somethin'. Nice seein' ya again though, man. It was really fun hangin' and whatnot. I'll be more prepared with that Diddy. I just didn't practice with him before I switched, but in Friendlies I was getting it. What your back, punk...

KOKingpin- You're such a funny guy! We really have to hang more. Maybe I can come to Murfreesboro and hang with you guys at Khaos sometime! Keep destroyin' at P:M.

Kman- Glad I got to finally meet you, dude! Good friendlies! I like the Diddy. We should have played more Diddy Ditto MU's as well. That one we played, you seemed rather upset about. You'll get me next time though.

Beorn- Fun Doubles Friendlies/Friendlies. Awesome Link. I'll be more prepared for that MU if we play again. Trust me. Ness is gonna destroy you.

Alex- Fun friendlies. Middle TN needs to start suckin' at P:M so I can feel good about myself. Stop.

Mr. Pickle- Nice suite and get ****ed. Nah. You're a really funny guy. Fun to hang with. Don't think we've ever seriously played, but we need to. Next time.

Cheap- You're always fun to play/talk to. I really hope to hang with you again at some other tournaments! Enjoy P:M!

Coolwhip- OH Coolwhip... I'm rather salty that I didn't stay Ness. I just thought maybe I could have done well if I switched, but I am feelin' strong regrets for doin' that now. THEN you do not even play your bracket match?! Lol. Good Games though, man. Really nice Mario.

Ty!- Good games, buddy! You're Falco is really good as well. We'll play again sometime and I'll see you on Xbox Live!

Spade- You're such a good player and you've been improving so much. Wish I could have played you. It would have been awesome to lose to that Marth once again.

BlindSpot- Nice seein' ya again, man! Come out to more tournaments! You have potential, just need more Tournament Experience I'd say.

m3t- I didn't get to play you, but we talked for a little... right? I think so. Anyway, keep that G&W goin' strong.

Ryker- I didn't get to talk to you but once. I'd like to play you next time. Haven't played in quite a while.

Mahgnittoc- Played you in some P:M. I really liked that Charizard, and maybe you should see if seismic toss on the edge of the stage can benefit you in any way now that you know what it does.
Hashtag- Nice Pit, dude! I do not know how to Fight Pit, but apparently my Ness or Ivy were not anywhere near ready for your Pit. Good Games.

JTMerrell- Scrub...

It was an awesome experience! One I'll never forget! I really hope to see you guys at more tournaments and I'm gonna keep practicin' hard with my Ness (Brawl and P:M) and Diddy! I will make it up into the top 5 in at least 7 tournaments before I retire. Even if it takes me 40 years...

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
If Anyone wants to do some Training with me via Wifi during the week we can hit up skype and talk while playing. Yeah Wifi sucks but its better than playing by yourself. Gadiel, JTMerrel, KMan, Spade, Hashtag, or Majora or anyone who just wants to do some solid training.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
If Anyone wants to do some Training with me via Wifi during the week we can hit up skype and talk while playing. Yeah Wifi sucks but its better than playing by yourself. Gadiel, JTMerrel, KMan, Spade, Hashtag, or Majora or anyone who just wants to do some solid training.
Just let me know, KO, and I'll be up for some P:M!

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100

It's like a dream come true. :'D

I play P:M online all the time, though I've been very busy recently. I'll definitely contact you when I have time.

Top Bottom