• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asking General Advice for Newcomers in Aus

Captaincnnr

Smash Rookie
Just joined after having enough of 3DS (haven't got a Wii U yet) online in Australia and wondering about the smash scene in the Melbourne area.

Out of my friends I'm the only one who's really passionate about playing it competitively and until now haven't bothered getting into Smashboards or finding out about the actual competitive scene. I love playing the game and my copy of melee is something I hold dear, I'm constantly aiming to improve and with the latest iteration it just something you can't do without actual people to play against as playing computers or against people in online matchmaking with half a second of lag makes it impossible to improve.

So I ask, is there much of a scene in Melbourne or in Australia at all? Also is there anybody who would be willing to have a game or two over friends matches?

Thanks

Meredy

The Busterina
Where abouts are you located? Always the potential for someone in your area to play with often. *cries of loneliness*

Captaincnnr

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the quick replies guys much appreciated, looking forward to getting more involved.

That's great I can't wait to meet some other people in the scene.

Ah Melbourne outskirts, just give me your NNID if you wanted to play

Mine's: 3540 - 0747 - 2225

Thanks again guys will read up on all the stuff you sent :D

chopbowl

Smash Rookie
somewhat of a necrobump but figured this was the best place to ask. any kind of active scene in perth wa right now? just got a gamecube off gumtree and ordered a copy of melee on ebay. me and my mate are pretty keen to start playing smash and any kind of direction on where to go from here would be appreciated. cheers

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
https://www.facebook.com/groups/perthsmash/

There's Perth's Facebook group. I suggest you ask some people in that group if you can get together for some meets and train for tournaments that are held there. I'm sure there are some nice people there that can teach you about the ins and outs of Smash.

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
It's always good to see new players in general, 99% can be brainwashed into Melee from Brawl/S4 anyway. <3

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the quick replies guys much appreciated, looking forward to getting more involved.

That's great I can't wait to meet some other people in the scene.

Ah Melbourne outskirts, just give me your NNID if you wanted to play

Mine's: 3540 - 0747 - 2225

Thanks again guys will read up on all the stuff you sent :D

Melbourne outskirts...? Where abouts?

Top Bottom