• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask the Princess: Peach FAQ and Q&A

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Ask the Princess: Peach FAQ and Q&A

Here is where you ask questions relating to peach in Smash Bros Wii U. Anyone can ask a question. I hope you all can find the answer to your questions.

HeeroOfTheSkys

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeeroOfTheSkys
My question is about Nair. I seem 2 have a problem doing quick Nair. I can QFR pretty easily but for some reason my float into Nair is very slow and when i try 2 do it faster it doesnt come out sometimes. I wanna be able 2 do it consistently so anyone got any tips? Im using Gamecube pad in case u were wondering.

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
When you say it doesn't come out, does something else come out?

I used to have this problem too. My problem was I was pressing too fast and dair would come out instead. I went in training mode and put speed at 1/2. Once I get comfortable with that, then 2/3rds then 1 THEN 1+1/2 and then back to 1. The reason I go from 1 1/2 to 1 is it makes it much easier to perform once you get good at practicing it at a really fast speed. That's what works for me, but really, training at different speeds can be very helpful to breakdown what exactly is happening and how to fix it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The dude above me just save me the tie to post an answer to the question. And a great way to practice your nairs.

sandmanahoy

Smash Rookie
Hey Peaches,

Is there anything that Peach has that can kill Kirby off the top at 20% from barely above the stage? I have a replay saved but no idea what the best way to post it here would be. But both the Peach player and I changed our names to WTF?!?! right after it happened.

EDIT: He was doing umbrella hover from like, one Kirby height above the stage, and did ???? (looked like she waved her hand kinda upwards, no rainbow, sorry don't know exactly which move), and I took like 3 damage and got launched off the top. I was at 20% to start.

Last edited:

Piano

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4940-5477-9207
Her parasol (up B) can kill from the top like that, but I've never been able to kill someone before 140-ish percent.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
how the **** do you kill with peach? dash attack and back throw at 150 aint cutting it. and that fair is so slow, its just a falcon punch that only seems good because of float.

HeeroOfTheSkys

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeeroOfTheSkys
how the **** do you kill with peach? dash attack and back throw at 150 aint cutting it. and that fair is so slow, its just a falcon punch that only seems good because of float.
Peach best kill moves are fair, nair, bair, fsmash and usmash. Fair is definately her best kill move, fair isnt that slow that its not useable, if ur having trouble killing with it has more 2 do with ur gameplan and playstyle than it does the move being slow. I suggest u watch some of the tutorial videos in the video thread 2 get a better idea of her moves best uses

dskank

Smash Journeyman
Peach best kill moves are fair, nair, bair, fsmash and usmash. Fair is definately her best kill move, fair isnt that slow that its not useable, if ur having trouble killing with it has more 2 do with ur gameplan and playstyle than it does the move being slow. I suggest u watch some of the tutorial videos in the video thread 2 get a better idea of her moves best uses
bro peach's best kill move is fair, and fair is very slow and predictable. if diddy kong had peaches fair he would never use it. im looking for a efficient way to set up fair, which hasnt been explained in any of these vids or guides. im not used to using a char with this limited kill options. all my tech and damage racking strats are on point, its just hard to land a move so slow on against players who actually know how to fight peach.

Jarb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4897-6167-0433
bro peach's best kill move is fair, and fair is very slow and predictable. if diddy kong had peaches fair he would never use it. im looking for a efficient way to set up fair, which hasnt been explained in any of these vids or guides. im not used to using a char with this limited kill options. all my tech and damage racking strats are on point, its just hard to land a move so slow on against players who actually know how to fight peach.
Fair can be comboed from dtilt or dair, but it is a great move on its own; try incorporating it with ground floating and using it for spacing. Usmash is another option and has strong knockback even without the sweetspot, but it is more situational and difficult to set up, so don't rely on it. Bair and nair come out extremely fast and can kill near the edge or set up edgeguarding opportunities (which they are also very good for). On the note of edgeguarding, turnips can actually knock an opponent back enough to mess up a recovery, so keep them in mind. Fsmash can also kill, but it generally isn't as potent as the other options, though it's definitely and option, and again for setting up for edgeguarding.

Finally, the parasol is a potential killer near the top and while it can be dodged (try to fake out for an air dodge on occasion), it is somewhat safe to use when your opponent is falling as you can fast fall towards the edge and grab it to negate the hefty landing lag. You can also attempt to catch them with the top as you fall, but that is situational.

I don't think Peach's KO options are as limited as you suggest, but sometimes you will end up having to go for moves that only work at higher percentages.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Regarding kill moves :

Fair has always been the bread and butter of Peach's killing kit. As said earlier, Fair is very predictable and if you whiff it's very punishable and if you hit it on a shield then you lessen its knockback.

I think the best application of Fair is with ground float and to use float to perfectly space it. So if someone is rolling backwards or trying to recover, using float to go backwards or forwards to perfectly land a Fair as they land/come out of roll is a really efficient way to use it.

The other reliable option is Tennis Racket. If you sweet spot it, or even if you land it, it sends people flying horizontally off stage where you can harass with turnips or set up really good edge guards. Frying Pan is good for damage, and Golf Club is good to poke from range, but IMO Tennis Racket is a very very solid option for killing people. Now Peach's F-smashes come out in a certain order so you can hold the Tennis Racket for when you really need it.

Other options include B-Throw at edge of stage, using Toad, a quick Nair etc. But unless you're 150% + then they won't outright kill. Peach's style is more about using aggressive aerial game/edge guarding to gimp people out of stage rather than land a killing blow that will eliminate them outright. Yes, Fair can do this, but at lower % you'll find good opponents play around your Fair and mindgame you while you stay predictable.

Last edited:

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
Are you guys planning on setting up a "Tournament results" thread anytime soon? I got a buddy that's been placing REALLY well with Peach in multiple tournaments, and since a "Tournament Results" thread is a good way to show how good a character is playing in the meta I figured I'd ask.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
in brawl peach could momentum cancel with peach bomber to live longer when sent horizontally, is that still a thing?
This is definitely not correct - using Peach Bomber (or Toad or Parasol) to momentum cancel in Brawl would do the opposite and send you flying even further back (you fly forward using Peach Bomber but the initial start up sends you further back and is therefore not advised). Your best option was always to use Uair and then 2nd jump back towards the stage

As for your question...actually I'm not sure in Smash 4. Momentum cancelling no longer exists in Smash 4 (TLC was patched out a while ago) but perhaps using Peach Bomber might save you from those moments where you get launched, escape hitstun and then get KO'ed later on

Edit:

Are you guys planning on setting up a "Tournament results" thread anytime soon? I got a buddy that's been placing REALLY well with Peach in multiple tournaments, and since a "Tournament Results" thread is a good way to show how good a character is playing in the meta I figured I'd ask.
http://smashboards.com/threads/peach-tournament-results-for-all-the-tryhards.371639/#post-17970507

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I think Diddy would use it if it combos from his down throw. Heck it probably would be easier then up air at times depending on the hitstun.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
I think Diddy would use it if it combos from his down throw. Heck it probably would be easier then up air at times depending on the hitstun.
that was not helpful at all. and considering you actually have to buffer for diddys d throw to true combo with up air i dont think a 17 frame hit box would come out fast enough. not that it even matters if it would, cause this is all hypothetical anyway.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
that was not helpful at all. and considering you actually have to buffer for diddys d throw to true combo with up air i dont think a 17 frame hit box would come out fast enough. not that it even matters if it would, cause this is all hypothetical anyway.
I was stating that he would probably like our Fair. It may not combo but it would give the fear or fair or up air.

Anyways. Other then fair,nair,back air. You also have Up smash that kills early, but to get a good use out of it is best to use near the edge to catch rolls and can do that with setting up a turnip. Her forward smash is a decent kill move as well. I think its something we could experiment with rage since we have a fixed order.

A good way to get a fair without comboing is to use a turnip to force an air dodge and punish that with fair. You can always run off the stage to use it to as it does a very good job at killing. During float you can use fair up to 3 times so you can intentionally miss 1 or 2 with good spacing and either snipe your opponent with the 2nd or 3rd fair.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
What are Peach's worst match-ups? I am not seeming to run into any.
Some difficult match ups are Shiek and Diddy kong. Rosalina is difficult until you get some experience, captain falcon if you don't gimp him. Mostly quick characters who can catch her in the air.

Mike_Tha_Hero

Smash Cadet
NNID
mikexxieaf
When facing a good Peach (whatever that entails for you) what is the general approach I'd want to take?

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
Does Peach have any spike options? Something that can meteor smash in the air that is not the Fair or Uair I'd like to improve killing someone who recovers that is not gimping with the turnip as I'm yet to learn that effectively. I'd like to improve better and merge the knowledge ewith some videos from a good friend I have using Peach. I've been improving the first 4 characters in my sig which are pretty much my mains or two mains then two secondaries. It's Peach's turn to improve for the time being. Lucina went through some training an next I might brush up on my Zelda. Need to schedule Rosalina for another time.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Does Peach have any spike options? Something that can meteor smash in the air that is not the Fair or Uair I'd like to improve killing someone who recovers that is not gimping with the turnip as I'm yet to learn that effectively. I'd like to improve better and merge the knowledge ewith some videos from a good friend I have using Peach. I've been improving the first 4 characters in my sig which are pretty much my mains or two mains then two secondaries. It's Peach's turn to improve for the time being. Lucina went through some training an next I might brush up on my Zelda. Need to schedule Rosalina for another time.
Peach has no options when it comes to a meteor attack. She has plenty of options when it comes to stage spiking though.
If you see your opponent going for a close vertical low recovery, just fast fall nair them into the stage, super good way to stage spike with peach.
If you see your opponent going for more of a diagonal low recovery, bair is a great option to spike with.

She can punish high recoveries, just not spike them. She can use turnips, fair and pretty much all of her aerials to punish a high recovery. Safest options being uair and turnips.

Also characters like Lucina Mario and Samus whose recovery does damage you can gimp or punish pretty well with toad.

Last edited:

StarForce

Smash Ace
Peach has no options when it comes to a meteor attack. She has plenty of options when it comes to stage spiking though.
If you see your opponent going for a close vertical low recovery, just fast fall nair them into the stage, super good way to stage spike with peach.
If you see your opponent going for more of a diagonal low recovery, bair is a great option to spike with.

She can punish high recoveries, just not spike them. She can use turnips, fair and pretty much all of her aerials to punish a high recovery. Safest options being uair and turnips.

Also characters like Lucina Mario and Samus whose recovery does damage you can gimp or punish pretty well with toad.
Very true. Sometimes I don't see the big scene which costs me battles. I don't use aerials like nair on characters which is a flaw on me, it's like a basic thing i'm blockhead ignoring when I should not. Toad is good for those damage recovery yes. causes knock back out the stage with good damage. I'm still learning. I'm not very good and this is my first and only smash game I own. I have a bit of trouble with non cpu opponents. you know when you got nothing else to practice with but for a noob glory is too much advanced. Thank you. Seems all the Q&A for the characters I visit are always nice and informative.

Last edited:

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Very true. Sometimes I don't see the big scene which costs me battles. I don't use aerials like nair on characters which is a flaw on me, it's like a basic thing i'm blockhead ignoring when I should not. Toad is good for those damage recovery yes. causes knock back out the stage with good damage. I'm still learning. I'm not very good and this is my first and only smash game I own. I have a bit of trouble with non cpu opponents. you know when you got nothing else to practice with but for a noob glory is too much advanced. Thank you. Seems all the Q&A for the characters I visit are always nice and informative.

Just keep practicing c;
There are so many great informative guides out there that can very easily get you started.
I would say practicing with level 9 cpus until you recognize all of their patterns and how to punish them for it. That will basically teach the the fundamentals of your character, when and what to use, and basic ways of punishing. That is what I did at least.
Peach is a really technical character in this game and she requires a ton of focus and training. She is like a book, you gotta know her inside and out before you can really get more advanced with her.

Also For Glory is nothing compared to playing with actual people. You can learn from going to a local tournament, glory just creates bad habits.

I'm glad I could help in some way :estatic:

StarForce

Smash Ace
Those are my current options. level 9 cpus and glory people. I have a bad network that prevents me from playing with friends. I can only currently play with one, but one is not enough for diversity and people have things to do so i can't play all the time. I also can't be pestering the only person constantly. I don't have the ability to go to tourneys. For now Glory is my only option. The replays in 1.0.5 have been ablessing. i have freinds here who have viewed my videos and tell me what I do wrong to improve and another is constantly sending me replays since I cannot play with him. His videos rang e for like 75% f the Smash roster. and he sends me Peach videos. Perhaps it's cause i'm not good but I find almost or literally all his videos awesome and a great deal of joy to watch. He inspires me. I sent him a Peach vs Peach video and he was like "Is that really you playing?" He really boosted my spirits after a few days of losing constantly. I also saw a few days ago EOE was it? Videos of Peach play. I picked up my 3ds to do them while slowing the video down to see exactly what he did but I could not match any of the combos not even two hit ones. I got frustrated and used Lucina and Zelda for the rest of the day. perhaps they were too much for me who is still crawling. I wanted to run without knowing how to walk first. ^_^! Silly me.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Those are my current options. level 9 cpus and glory people. I have a bad network that prevents me from playing with friends. I can only currently play with one, but one is not enough for diversity and people have things to do so i can't play all the time. I also can't be pestering the only person constantly. I don't have the ability to go to tourneys. For now Glory is my only option. The replays in 1.0.5 have been ablessing. i have freinds here who have viewed my videos and tell me what I do wrong to improve and another is constantly sending me replays since I cannot play with him. His videos rang e for like 75% f the Smash roster. and he sends me Peach videos. Perhaps it's cause i'm not good but I find almost or literally all his videos awesome and a great deal of joy to watch. He inspires me. I sent him a Peach vs Peach video and he was like "Is that really you playing?" He really boosted my spirits after a few days of losing constantly. I also saw a few days ago EOE was it? Videos of Peach play. I picked up my 3ds to do them while slowing the video down to see exactly what he did but I could not match any of the combos not even two hit ones. I got frustrated and used Lucina and Zelda for the rest of the day. perhaps they were too much for me who is still crawling. I wanted to run without knowing how to walk first. ^_^! Silly me.
That is actually a really good idea to share replays and have you friends comment on them, I cant believe I haven't thought of that. I'm open to critic you if you want c:

StarForce

Smash Ace
ohh thank you. perhaps we could check if I can also battle you. thou i bet I won't be able.I've added like 15 or so people only 3 have been able to establish a connection and one of them was laggy, the other left for the WiiU so I currently have only one person. But I don't someohow like to play him. He's very good person but 30+ loses and 1 victory really discourages. that's more like 30+ loses and no wins. :/

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
When facing a good Peach (whatever that entails for you) what is the general approach I'd want to take?
You probably want to approach with short hop nair's and grounded pellets. The short hop nairs will keep her grounded forcing her to find another way to approach. You can then mix it up with his neutral b and side b to rack up damage or start combos when hitting her out of the air.

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
You probably want to approach with short hop nair's and grounded pellets. The short hop nairs will keep her grounded forcing her to find another way to approach. You can then mix it up with his neutral b and side b to rack up damage or start combos when hitting her out of the air.
I agree with Nabbitnator. As a megaman, you have an advantage with your projectiles, and it is important to spacing them correctly to hit her and interrupt her floats.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Very true. I yesterday night faced a megaman as Peach. Thou I was able to defeat him because he lacked offensiveness. H was defensive with the projectiles and pellets. I had to use other attacks and play with variation since I could not float having to cancel my float with evades shield and Toad sometimes whchich I catched him twice with it. With a good offensive he would be great but he didn't push the battle on his favor.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
I'm currently playing megaman on the side. Shorthop nair is a common spacing approach I use. His back and forward aerials are really good at keeping your opponent off of you. He's a really spacey character so it has been helping my Peach a ton with spacing and her turnips.

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Oh! Question.

I was wondering, in what situations, or how do you guys all set up FC u-air, A.K.A u-air spike. I have a few ways that I use the u-air spike, but usually I don't use it as there is a better option in the situation, but what to use it more, so, how do you guys set up u-air spikes?

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Does Dair autocancel? It seems like a really good option.
Not sure but either way I don't think it matters because other than the last hit of dair, dair doesn't have any hit stun and very little knockback so your opponent can punish you.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Does anyone else have trouble recovering as Peach? Her recovery itself isn't too bad, but when she is floating on her parasol backward, she never seems to be able to grab the ledge. Can I change Peach's direction while using her up-special, or do I have to be facing the ledge before using it to grab onto it?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Does anyone else have trouble recovering as Peach? Her recovery itself isn't too bad, but when she is floating on her parasol backward, she never seems to be able to grab the ledge. Can I change Peach's direction while using her up-special, or do I have to be facing the ledge before using it to grab onto it?
You can grab the ledge with your back to the ledge if you close parasol.

Does Peachs Dtilt meteor smash anymore?
Sometimes when used on grounded people, it makes them bounce back up instead of sending them high
(Quoted from the Match-up thread. Please post non match-up related questions in this thread.)

I think the programmers messed up here. Her Dtilt sends grounded opponents 90 degrees down but airborne opponents up. This means her Dtilt can be teched by grounded opponents (most of the time my opponents do it by accident by pressing the shield button) and it will not spike aerial opponents. Samus seems to suffer from a similar problem.

Last edited:

gByron

Smash Cadet
Noob question here! What is the optimal use of dair? I throw out that move to pressure or beat some other moves but I rarely get a follow up and sometimes punished for it. It is very important for peach but I dont know to use it effectively and damage isnt that good.. in what situations should I be using it? In what position(oos? While falling? what lv of float?)? In which percentages? What are the follow ups? Ty!

Last edited:

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
Hi all, I am really frustrated against good Megaman players online. Please give my Peach some advice. (I'm sorry if this was answered above, I really don't have time to read the posts).

When I use Peach against Megaman, I make use of my turnips, I use tilt moves and only Smash when there is a clear opening (which is almost never) - meanwhile, Megaman is throwing projectiles like crazy and shooting his mega buster while I am flinching like I am having a seizure. I know to close the distance, and I try to but between the mega buster, grabbing, and other stuff I am already 150 percent by then. Is it just a bad match up period with Peach? I feel that she is too slow to keep up with the projectiles (maybe it is just my playstyle). Can Peach beat a good Megaman with good defense, good offense, just overall solid play?

Not having fun in these matches and I have been begging for advice everywhere...please help.

Top Bottom