• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Pitzer anything Pit related (Mechanics, and Technical stuff)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
no ptzr, i mean in general what is the frame that people have open to do something when we cancel the jab into those moves. pit has no true combos out of jab, only nearly inescapable ones. im asking if, for example, lets say i do double jab cancell>dsmash. how many frames did they have to get out of that when you take into account hit stun and how many frames it takes to cancell into the dsmash when IASA and the actual start up of dsmash is done?

that's what im talking about. how many frames do they have to react to those jab cancell and double jab cancell into the above list?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Jab doesn't have IASA frames Infact there is like little to no one in brawl with IASA frames. Marth, and Ganon are the only ones I know. As far as how many frames it takes for them to react probably 3-9 frames .

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so aka i gotta go to the frame data thread and do the math myself. sheesh and i thought you were taking that roll on for us :)

and ike has IASA frames, and yes pit's IASA frames are only come into effect when cancelled so it's more like ICAS frames (input cancell as soon as frames) but they are indeed there

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Wow you guys seem to be going backwards when it comes to being technical with pit. The news just gets older and older.

Woi grounded invincible 1-4
5th frame 2 things happen:
1) wind box begin
2) false invincibility state ( can be hit but super armor and no damage)

False invincibility also happens during your hit box animation when attacking from a ledge grab over 100 damage.

Ground attacks clash with woi. Aerials would usually continue till you land or get hit.

Woi tech is rare and hard, must smash di close to ground asap. Not alot of attack hit you close to ground. Happens more easily since we dair auto di to cancel woi.

woi dashing:
If you cancel with a bair or fair, you will suffer the landing lag.
uair, dair, nair, all have frames where you can cancel their starting frames by landing. This means you can wing dash holding up and spamming "a".

ART:
Only activates on 1 frame. Only 1.
From frame 1, only the 11th frame will active.
That 11th frame HAS to be landed in order to activate.

theoretically, it appears to be every multiple of 11.
Thats why SH is on 11 and FH is on another 11th multiple.
Also worked from way to frame 121 landing. Multiple jumps.

Anything else?

:phone:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Wow you guys seem to be going backwards when it comes to being technical with pit. The news just gets older and older.

Woi grounded invincible 1-4
5th frame 2 things happen:
1) wind box begin
2) false invincibility state ( can be hit but super armor and no damage)

False invincibility also happens during your hit box animation when attacking from a ledge grab over 100 damage.

Ground attacks clash with woi. Aerials would usually continue till you land or get hit.

Woi tech is rare and hard, must smash di close to ground asap. Not alot of attack hit you close to ground. Happens more easily since we dair auto di to cancel woi.

woi dashing:
If you cancel with a bair or fair, you will suffer the landing lag.
uair, dair, nair, all have frames where you can cancel their starting frames by landing. This means you can wing dash holding up and spamming "a".

ART:
Only activates on 1 frame. Only 1.
From frame 1, only the 11th frame will active.
That 11th frame HAS to be landed in order to activate.

theoretically, it appears to be every multiple of 11.
Thats why SH is on 11 and FH is on another 11th multiple.
Also worked from way to frame 121 landing. Multiple jumps.

Anything else?

:phone:
Wow, Vince! I need to come over and learn from you again, lol. My Pit is suffering!

Top Bottom