• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask me questions, I'll respond in a video.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
How do I play GnW more effectively? .-.
Also, how do I predict a down throw better? I've finished a couple games by predicting it right and killing them with a dash upsmash, but most of the time I'm wrong. =/

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
my question.. why isnt their more game and watch mains?

i know this is a weird question but seriously.. how cool is game and watch.. ive been maining him for about 18months, i literally fell in love with his style instantly.. people often gripe about game and watch being cheap.. my favourite ones are "wtf is game and watch a giant hitbox?" and "omg how did you survive that on 200%" i also get the occasional "OMGWADAFAQFAF DOWN SMASHH BLAHHRHRHR"

also any tip for vs ice climbers, its pretty much still my worse enemy!

PixlFayc

Smash Apprentice
haha i think its just for the % killed and the fact its uber roll punish, and yeah metaknight actually cuts through my tv with his downsmash.. cos hes a fat handed ****!...

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I can't wait for the video. How does one study this game? What does it consist of learning and knowing? Any tips to become a top player or steps needed to progress in that direction?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's been like 2 months soon. There won't be any video as far as I can tell.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Vinnie's really, really busy right now with personal issues. :| he told me. Just be patient, he'll do it once he has time I'm sure.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That's fantastic Vinnie. Do not hurry too much, quality is what matters the most ^_^

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Nice video. Gave me a lot of good thoughts and tips.

You forgot to answer what playstyle you think fits G&W the best(BEcause I kinda squeezed it too close to the whole viability question)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Watching it when I get home as I don't have any way to get sounds here.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Watched the video. It was pretty cool. Worth waiting for it. Was interesting to hear how people spell my name since most people just call me Lazer irl.
About the personal issue thing, I didn't seriously mean it, I just felt like saying it because of the previous post, I hope you weren't offended by it >_>
Lot of cool information even though you seemed like you have been to a real disaster and survived, you looked so tired, but you could do it.
Thanks for the effort, I learned stuff.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Any good use for utilt?

I try to use it sometimes... but it is really hard to land.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wrong thread, but utilt kinda sucks. Nair is better in almost any situation and much safer.
I wish Vinnie made another video like this.

:phone:

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Up tilt combos into itself at low percent and can kill upwards of 150 tho.

And I wish vinnie still played gw

:phone:

Vinnie

Smash Master
I still play G&W guys. I haven't been playing at all recently, not just G&W. I'll be at APEX2013 obviously, should be using a good amount of G&W considering the ruleset.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Utilt has its uses. Play around with it in friendlies.
Replace what you'd usually do with utilt and see what happens, experimenting basically lol. Everyone just assumes it's bad and never tries. I know exactly what situations I'd use utilt in.

Reversal bacon also has its rare uses.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Utilt is great at low %, and is a decent anti-air. Especially if your opponents aren't used to it(which they never are).
You can do stuff like utilt utilt nair juggle for a nice amount of damage

Top Bottom